Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Slott had her killed off by Massacre in Superior Spider-man
    Oh yes, that story. The woman who survived Shriek, Chameleon, dated Man-Wolf, and even survived Carnage was killed by Massacre. Damn.

that famous kafka healing factor was completely ignored, yes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    My standards are pretty low these days, but yes the first two pages, and first two panels of the third page, should have been cut. I'm not even sure if this page of Beck's progress is needed. 25% of a comic that does not seem to add to the story, and I don't think anyone would be lost if they just started reading on page 6.
    Maybe if you want bare bones / shallow storytelling. I for one appreciate seeing Peter reflect on his relationship with MJ.

I think it plays into the theme set up in issue one about Peters dreams. It’s good to see consistency in Spencer’s run. It all plays into his vision.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 06-21-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm in. can't wait to find out about the therapist. ravencroft huh? wonder what happened to Dr. Kafka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Slott had her killed off by Massacre in Superior Spider-man
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Oh yes, that story. The woman who survived Shriek, Chameleon, dated Man-Wolf, and even survived Carnage was killed by Massacre. Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    that famous kafka healing factor was completely ignored, yes
    And then Ben Reilly, as the Jackal, "reanimated" her so she could help keep all the dead villains he'd also "reanimated" under control in The Clone Conspiracy. Alas, I doubt she survived his meltdown at the end of that event.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And then Ben Reilly, as the Jackal, "reanimated" her so she could help keep all the dead villains he'd also "reanimated" under control in The Clone Conspiracy. Alas, I doubt she survived his meltdown at the end of that event.
    Good old "Clone Conspiracy"...when you randomly kill off a character, just clone 'em!

Spencer would be the type of mad lad to bring Kafka back as the new Mind-Worm or something.

I just want this issue to end with the reveal that Kindred is Peter's long lost hermano Frederico, born of Richard Parker's illicit affair with a follower of the Dread Dormammu during a mission in Portugal, and driven by a desire to punish his brother for reuniting with Mary Jane, when Mephisto split them up to get closer to ownership of the sacred text of Mammothon, a book of multiverse-rending spells passed down throughout the Watson family for centuries that her father went insane trying to find, but is actually currently being protected Aunt Anna, a former Sorcerer Supreme who fought in previous Kree-Skrull Wars as a Phoenix host, secretly killed the being who's death created 616's original Infinity Stones, slayed Bor to turn Odin and Cul into orphans, and invented the God Code that allows one to rewrite every incarnation of the cosmos, disguised and given to her friend May Parker as a wheatcake recipe where it's hidden in plain sight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Maybe if you want bare bones / shallow storytelling. I for one appreciate seeing Peter reflect on his relationship with MJ.

I think it plays into the theme set up in issue one about Peters dreams. It’s good to see consistency in Spencer’s run. It all plays into his vision.
    You don't think he could have combined all of that and delivered it in just two pages? There is an entire page that serves to show Spider-Man flaunting his sense of entitlement followed up by him making a tax break joke. All I am saying is spread that kind of storytelling throughout the story itself. As a preview, who exactly is this supposed to make excited, as in someone who was never planning or really, really unsure about buying this book, and make them want it?

I'm still going to buy it, enjoy parts of it, dislike other parts, and continue to armchair editorialize the industry

I'm excited. I love seeing these two back together. Peter, you shouldn't keep these things away from MJ! It always backfires, man! Open up to her about what's going on!

You don't think he could have combined all of that and delivered it in just two pages? There is an entire page that serves to show Spider-Man flaunting his sense of entitlement followed up by him making a tax break joke. All I am saying is spread that kind of storytelling throughout the story itself. As a preview, who exactly is this supposed to make excited, as in someone who was never planning or really, really unsure about buying this book, and make them want it?

I'm still going to buy it, enjoy parts of it, dislike other parts, and continue to armchair editorialize the industry
    I don't even know. This sounds like nitpicking to a maximum, in my opinion. Like, really?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I don't even know. This sounds like nitpicking to a maximum, in my opinion. Like, really?
    I like discussing things, someone opened up some criticism of the preview, I offered up an opinion along those lines. Do you disagree? Does this preview capture you? Amaze you? Is it the most spectacular opening to a book you have ever seen? I can admit to being wrong, if that much time is needed to make the impact, so be it.

There really wasn't much else to take away from this, maybe I am just spoiled by all the crazy stuff in other books.

I like discussing things, someone opened up some criticism of the preview, I offered up an opinion along those lines. Do you disagree? Does this preview capture you? Amaze you? Is it the most spectacular opening to a book you have ever seen? I can admit to being wrong, if that much time is needed to make the impact, so be it.

There really wasn't much else to take away from this, maybe I am just spoiled by all the crazy stuff in other books.
    That’s fine. Diff strokes, diff folks.

One thing to keep in mind. Writers don’t lay out the book for the preview.

I mean, that's fine, but this is also an extra sized issue, so Spencer is probably going to carry the story for a little longer than he typically does.

#25 is the chungus issue. Still a big, thicc Kindred story, though.

The Peter/MJ stuff is really cute. And them getting caught was pretty funny. When was the last time someone called them "kids" ?

It's hard to care about Ravencroft without Kafka around...

I personally like seeing the heroes have some down time and a social life. What exactly is Pete fighting for if there is no joy in his life outside of defeating his adversaries?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"