Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I personally like seeing the heroes have some down time and a social life. What exactly is Pete fighting for if there is no joy in his life outside of defeating his adversaries?
    I like to see stuff like that too but it doesn’t feel like anything’s really progressed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I personally like seeing the heroes have some down time and a social life. What exactly is Pete fighting for if there is no joy in his life outside of defeating his adversaries?
    I happen to agree with you. Characters become more relatable by seeing they are not working 24/7
    The sad thing is you see less and less of that in Marvel.I think about Thor when not only did he have romance with Sif and Jane Foster, but had fun with The Warriors 3. When that happened, I lost interest in Thor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I happen to agree with you. Characters become more relatable by seeing they are not working 24/7
    The sad thing is you see less and less of that in Marvel.I think about Thor when not only did he have romance with Sif and Jane Foster, but had fun with The Warriors 3. When that happened, I lost interest in Thor.
    I agree. Not that I think I implied anything otherwise. I actually criticized Symbiote Spider-Man #2 for lacking spending any time on Peter's personal life after the first issue did it really well. For me, I just think this worked better with the Kraven/vision panels and recap as the first page. I also thought the amount of pages spent on the two lacked any real emotion for the most part. So it is not that moments like this are unwanted or uninteresting, it just made for a very boring start to the book, and I think that effectively 4 pages dedicated to this scene could have gone a lot farther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I agree. Not that I think I implied anything otherwise. I actually criticized Symbiote Spider-Man #2 for lacking spending any time on Peter's personal life after the first issue did it really well. For me, I just think this worked better with the Kraven/vision panels and recap as the first page. I also thought the amount of pages spent on the two lacked any real emotion for the most part. So it is not that moments like this are unwanted or uninteresting, it just made for a very boring start to the book, and I think that effectively 4 pages dedicated to this scene could have gone a lot farther.
    I got to say I want to disagree but I can't the exchange while cute and long overdue for these two does feel to lack substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spencer would be the type of mad lad to bring Kafka back as the new Mind-Worm or something.

I just want this issue to end with the reveal that Kindred is Peter's long lost hermano Frederico, born of Richard Parker's illicit affair with a follower of the Dread Dormammu during a mission in Portugal, and driven by a desire to punish his brother for reuniting with Mary Jane, when Mephisto split them up to get closer to ownership of the sacred text of Mammothon, a book of multiverse-rending spells passed down throughout the Watson family for centuries that her father went insane trying to find, but is actually currently being protected Aunt Anna, a former Sorcerer Supreme who fought in previous Kree-Skrull Wars as a Phoenix host, secretly killed the being who's death created 616's original Infinity Stones, slayed Bor to turn Odin and Cul into orphans, and invented the God Code that allows one to rewrite every incarnation of the cosmos, disguised and given to her friend May Parker as a wheatcake recipe where it's hidden in plain sight.
    What no Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    what no wolverine?
    Overexposed! Oversatured! Overrated!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If you really look at the entire run, Spencer's been very new reader friendly for each issue, especially compared to other series. Pretty much every issue has had a half a page or a page worth of flashback or recap of previous issues or arcs, which while we may not think its completely necessary, its not a huge problem, especially with how consistent he's been with it.

Also, is it just me, but there seemed something off about Ottley's art in this issue, though I realized that's due to the change of colourist, with Mark Morales doing it instead of Cliff Rathburn.

Digging that preview. I've been warming up to Peter and MJ back together and seeing them at Hudson Yards is just fantastic (reminds me that I gotta check this place out soon. Nice to see Spencer reiterating Spider-Man's connection to the city.)
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    If you really look at the entire run, Spencer's been very new reader friendly for each issue, especially compared to other series. Pretty much every issue has had a half a page or a page worth of flashback or recap of previous issues or arcs, which while we may not think its completely necessary, its not a huge problem, especially with how consistent he's been with it.

Also, is it just me, but there seemed something off about Ottley's art in this issue, though I realized that's due to the change of colourist, with Mark Morales doing it instead of Cliff Rathburn.
    Yeah, Ottley's art looks a little too thick here. Hopefully, Rathburn comes back!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spencer would be the type of mad lad to bring Kafka back as the new Mind-Worm or something.

I just want this issue to end with the reveal that Kindred is Peter's long lost hermano Frederico, born of Richard Parker's illicit affair with a follower of the Dread Dormammu during a mission in Portugal, and driven by a desire to punish his brother for reuniting with Mary Jane, when Mephisto split them up to get closer to ownership of the sacred text of Mammothon, a book of multiverse-rending spells passed down throughout the Watson family for centuries that her father went insane trying to find, but is actually currently being protected Aunt Anna, a former Sorcerer Supreme who fought in previous Kree-Skrull Wars as a Phoenix host, secretly killed the being who's death created 616's original Infinity Stones, slayed Bor to turn Odin and Cul into orphans, and invented the God Code that allows one to rewrite every incarnation of the cosmos, disguised and given to her friend May Parker as a wheatcake recipe where it's hidden in plain sight.

Spoilers like this are the reason we can't have nice things.

Kindred promised to protect Mary Jane. who promised to protect Mary Jane in the past?

This is my bet: Carlie Cooper (MJ's friend who who tried to fill Peter's romantic interest void and disappeared when she failed) and Cindy Lawton (new character, then the obvious suspect), both are identities of the same demon (maybe even Jill Stacy for the same reasons as Carlie) related to Mephisto (Does Blackheart have another sister?)
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 06-24-2019 at 07:23 AM.

well Carlie did resurface during Spencer's run and steer MJ towards a support group. i would die laughing if one of those pixelated group attendees was Kindred in full demonic garb.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-24-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    This is my bet: Carlie Cooper (MJ's friend who who tried to fill Peter's romantic interest void and disappeared when she failed) and Cindy Lawton (new character, then the obvious suspect), both are identities of the same demon (maybe even Jill Stacy for the same reasons as Carlie) related to Mephisto (Does Blackheart have another sister?)
    Jill Stacy selling her soul to Mephisto, and becoming Kindred ( with blonde hair like Gwen ( sort of like Jeannie's evil brunette sister from I Dream Of Jeannie)). I could go for that ( especially if Ghost Spider Gwen pops up to fight her).

i hope the doctors at ravencroft don't start becoming sympathetic to the villains-- again--