Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain America appreciation 2019

Let's begin with an image from Captain America #11, just released.

RCO007_w_1560942920.jpg
    RCO008_1560942920.jpg

What.
    A.
    Great.
    Cover.

aless ross CAP.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Great thread. I'll also show my appreciation. Here's my all-time favorite image of Cap.

Spectacular Member

Cap leading a prison riot was so badass. Coates and crew are killin’ it on this book. Feels very much like a spiritual successor to Brubaker.

Wow, someone so major was still lacking an appreciation thread? Indexed!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wow, someone so major was still lacking an appreciation thread? Indexed!
    There is already a 2019 Captain America (Steve Rogers) thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...aptain+america
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks. I must've missed that at the time it was created (there were a LOT of new threads being made in that first week).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sorry, I did not find that one in the sticky. Perhaps we should close this one?

BANNED

Captain America #354 Jun 1989
    First appearance of U.S.Agent in "Reawakening"
    Captain America's investigation into the earlier attack on the decommissioned SHIELD base leads him to Machinesmith's
    old hideout, but he can't find any sign of activity. He's back at Avengers Island offering Fabian Stankiewicz a job as
    their resident inventor when the 4th Sleeper reappears in the spot it had phased out years earlier. It appears inactive,
    so Cap has it transported back to the special holding facility at Avengers Island, but that's when Machinesmith reveals
    his hand, having tricked his enemy into taking the body housing his mind into the presence of other powerful robots
    in the Avengers' custody. Even though the Sleeper goes berserk, Cap is
    able to get one of the facility's stasis field generators onto it to incapacitate it.

Meanwhile, Battlestar has been looking into the suspicious circumstances of John Walker's death and found that the gear
    belonging to the Watchdog assassin wasn't authentic. He lets Val Cooper know, but the CSA soon doesn't need to wonder
    if Walker's death was faked as their own General Haywerth comes clean about orchestrating it in a ploy to deal with their agent's tarnished image.

Haywerth calls the rest of the Commission to a demonstration of Walker's new image as U.S.Agent, wearing the black costume
    Steve Rogers had just abandoned. While U.S.Agent fights an Iron Monger loaned from Stane International for the demo,

Haywerth explained he kept the rest of the CSA in the dark so their reactions to Walker's death would be convincing
    and spent the rest of the time retraining Walker so he could pass as a different person. U.S.Agent wordlessly and methodically
    puts the Iron Monger down, impressing the Commission, though Raymond Sikorsky wonders what to do with him.

Story by Mark Gruenwald. Art by Kieron Dwyer and Al Milgrom.

I thought Cap already had an appreciation thread?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

John Cena MCU Casting In Captain America Spin-Off:
    Falcon & Winter Soldier TV Series Revealed

BANNED

Captain America #355 Jul 1989
    "Missing Persons" Guest-starring Sersi.
    After talking to Raymond Sikorsky regarding John Walker and the black uniform,

Bernie Rosenthal makes a desperate phone call for help to Steve Rogers!

Teenagers including Bernie's sister are mysteriously disappearing.

After undergoing a transmutation from Sersi, Captain America goes under cover as a teenager to investigate!

Story by Mark Gruenwald. Art by Rich Buckler and Al Milgrom.

BANNED

Captain America #356 Aug 1989
    "Camptown Rages!"
    Cap makes his move to bust up the Sisters of Sin's vicious hate camp for kids!

But has he already been irrevocably infected by the hatred he plans to stamp out?

Story by Mark Gruenwald. Art by Al Milgrom.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    John Cena MCU Casting In Captain America Spin-Off:
    Falcon & Winter Soldier TV Series Revealed

Getting more of a John Walker vibe

BANNED

To me, if the comicbook character U.S.Agent is to debut in the MCU, than simultaneously the comicbook character Battlestar is to debut in the MCU as well.