Default Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl appreciation 2019

Is anyone else following those comics? Hit-Girl has started an arc in Hong Kong.

No. But I loved the movies, especially 2. I was Hoping for a 3rd, but Chloe was against it.

Still reading both of them. The Hit Girl minis are still over the top fun.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I only have the hardcover editions of Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2 Prelude: Hit-Girl, Kick-Ass 2, and Kick-Ass 3.

I'm really on the fence about the new series. It seems that no one are really talking about them, and I don't feel there is a hype at all... So, yeah, I'm waiting for someone to convince me that they are good!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No. But I loved the movies, especially 2. I was Hoping for a 3rd, but Chloe was against it.
    Very recently saw and really enjoyed the first.

I knew in general terms that Hit Girl’s language might be “colourful” at some point in film. But even then her first big fight scene was a wee bit of a shock..it must have been jaw dropping when first screened for any audience not expecting it.

Astonishing Member

Are these still part of the Milllarverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    I only have the hardcover editions of Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2 Prelude: Hit-Girl, Kick-Ass 2, and Kick-Ass 3.

I'm really on the fence about the new series. It seems that no one are really talking about them, and I don't feel there is a hype at all... So, yeah, I'm waiting for someone to convince me that they are good!
    They have the disadvantage that they are not published by Marvel or DC. You should give them a try anyway. A comic does not need to be popular to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Very recently saw and really enjoyed the first.

I knew in general terms that Hit Girl’s language might be “colourful” at some point in film. But even then her first big fight scene was a wee bit of a shock..it must have been jaw dropping when first screened for any audience not expecting it.
    I love the little 4'10", young, foul-mouthed girl! I laughed so hard when Chloe spouted some words. Her fighting was spectacular!

The current Hit-Girl series varies from good to great. The current Hong Kong arc has fantastic Goran Parlov art. "Hit-Girl in Canada" was written by Jeff Lemire (of course) with Eduardo Risso art. So yeah, some great stuff. "Hit-Girl in Hollywood" was written by Kevin Smith and is probably the weakest chapter in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    It seems that Hit Girl and the new Kick Ass will finally meet.
    But not until after the India arc. Though since she is in Hong Kong in that last Kick-Ass page, they should mention it in her book.

Will the current KA team continue onto the next arc?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The story of the new Kick-Ass has been really good so far. The latest issue's cliffhanger has made it clear there's still plenty of life in the story.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file