Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

"An event so epic shakes Doctor Strange to his core and makes him completely reevaluate his life and role."

I do hope this isn't going to restart with another struggle to get back his powers.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I have actually been enjoying the Galactus arc. It's a redemption for Waid after the terrible FF story where he had a human Galactus trying to eat a pool (billiards) ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    "An event so epic shakes Doctor Strange to his core and makes him completely reevaluate his life and role."

I do hope this isn't going to restart with another struggle to get back his powers.
    The current storyline has him thinking a lot about his failed marriage to Clea and wanting to repair it, maybe something good happens there.

Mighty Member

Hoping for a new writer. Eve Ewing or Tini Howard or Nnedi or Hill would all be cool with me.

No preference whether it has #21 or #1 on the cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Hoping for a new writer. Eve Ewing or Tini Howard or Nnedi or Hill would all be cool with me.

Actually curious, why them? iirc Duggan is interested though, hm

Too early to say about Ewing. Strange is due to be in her next issue of Ironheart, isn't he?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    Actually curious, why them? iirc Duggan is interested though, hm
    They're all talented, fresh writers (fresh at Marvel, at least) whose work I really enjoy. Some I've read quite a bit from, others not as much but I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

No interest in Duggan, honestly. He's in the same category as Waid for me, I'm just not enjoying their work anymore and I'd rather see someone else get the opportunity.

After the latest renumbering which pushed the overall numbering to a "lgy" status, it also doesn't matter to me and I am heavily into the numbering aspect of a book (provided a "legacy 411" is on the cover.

I'm fine with anyone so long as they get Stephen's character and don't de-power him the moment they get ahold of him .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    After the latest renumbering which pushed the overall numbering to a "lgy" status, it also doesn't matter to me and I am heavily into the numbering aspect of a book (provided a "legacy 411" is on the cover.
    Agree that just having both is the simplest and best option.

And I'm also hoping against another depowering story. It's been overdone in comics in general and Strange in particular. I'm ok with a new interpretation of Strange or a new overall feel but 1) no depowering 2) no babies or weddings and always, forever, 3) no clones. I'm game for anything else.

And I'm also hoping against another depowering story. It's been overdone in comics in general and Strange in particular. I'm ok with a new interpretation of Strange or a new overall feel but 1) no depowering 2) no babies or weddings and always, forever, 3) no clones. I'm game for anything else.
    He's technically still married...I think ?

I'm not into a "new interpretation" because that sounds a little too much like Aaron's revamp. His character feels like he's only just recovering from that, to be honest.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's technically still married...I think ?

I'm not into a "new interpretation" because that sounds a little too much like Aaron's revamp. His character feels like he's only just recovering from that, to be honest.
    Is he? I'm way behind on this volume, it just never makes its way to the top of the pile.

I wish Cates never left.. I loved Loki as sorcerer supreme so much and thought it had real legs. Even though that ship has sailed for Loki (he has a cool new job by the end of WoR 6, though) I'd still love for Cates to come back, but I know that is very unlikely.

I wish Cates never left.. I loved Loki as sorcerer supreme so much and thought it had real legs. Even though that ship has sailed for Loki (he has a cool new job by the end of WoR 6, though) I'd still love for Cates to come back, but I know that is very unlikely.
    I've only read Damnation but I thought Cates had a decent take on Strange. Not perfect, but stronger then Aaron.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've only read Damnation but I thought Cates had a decent take on Strange. Not perfect, but stronger then Aaron.
    Oh I totally recommend Cates' run on Strange! Loki as Sorcerer Supreme is such an obvious and brilliant idea it's amazing nobody thought if it before him.

But I'm just a huge Cates fan in general. Redneck and especially God Country are both fantastic and I love his Marvel stuff too. But given how much we differ on Aaron's Thor run, maybe a recommendation from me isn't exactly a selling point to you, lol.

I forgot how fast he is, but I'd bite my own balls for Greg Smallwood on Strange with Duggums.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

b
    Yeah, the depowering is old and seemingly Strange's only thing now. Back in the seventies when he first became the Sorcerer Supreme, it was a big deal for the story and a believable and powerful development. A problem is Strange has seemingly reached the peak of his development and all he has now isn't moving on, but losing what he has. A plot where he has another goal to obtain would be welcome.