Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Doctor Strange Cancelled at #20.

It's probably to make way for a relaunch with some kind of new status quo

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daiku View Post
    Shame. I was trade-waiting myself, but I've heard it's one of the better Marvel books out right now. I don't think the sales were all that bad either.

I liked Cates’ run, but Waid’s has been outstanding. If it isn’t some kind of relaunch ruse, I can’t understand how Marvel can cancel this book while still publishing stuff like Old Man Quill.

what if it relaunches as magus strange and he has a pimp cane with the new sanctum being comprised of shuma's corpse
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

If they're relaunching it, then they better be getting the likes of Neil Gaiman or George R.R. Martin behind it because I loved this run.

I also hope it is just a prelude to Yet Another Relaunch. Because, you know, it has been a year and a half since it was last relaunched--so clearly overdue. [Sarcasm mode off].

I have enjoyed Waid's run. And Cates run. I dislike the idea of Marvel doing this as yet another stale marketing trick (instead of just trusting in the book and character), but that is far preferable to thinking that Marvel has no sense at all and just cancelled it. Particularly (as daiku mentions) when you think of the crap books Marvel keeps supporting.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"