Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Doctor Strange Cancelled at #20.

It's probably to make way for a relaunch with some kind of new status quo

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daiku View Post
    Shame. I was trade-waiting myself, but I've heard it's one of the better Marvel books out right now. I don't think the sales were all that bad either.

I liked Cates’ run, but Waid’s has been outstanding. If it isn’t some kind of relaunch ruse, I can’t understand how Marvel can cancel this book while still publishing stuff like Old Man Quill.

what if it relaunches as magus strange and he has a pimp cane with the new sanctum being comprised of shuma's corpse
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

If they're relaunching it, then they better be getting the likes of Neil Gaiman or George R.R. Martin behind it because I loved this run.

I also hope it is just a prelude to Yet Another Relaunch. Because, you know, it has been a year and a half since it was last relaunched--so clearly overdue. [Sarcasm mode off].

I have enjoyed Waid's run. And Cates run. I dislike the idea of Marvel doing this as yet another stale marketing trick (instead of just trusting in the book and character), but that is far preferable to thinking that Marvel has no sense at all and just cancelled it. Particularly (as daiku mentions) when you think of the crap books Marvel keeps supporting.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Astonishing Member

They lost me after they got rid of Cates for Waid (and I'm usually not a fan of the former).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Waid's run is OK. Wish he got better artists. They could've just change creative teams.
    "Cable was right!"

Jesus Saiz and his twin Javier Pina are low-key some of the hottest new artists and I'm shocked Strange copped them.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I wouldn't be shocked if this is a thing where the book changes title for issue #21. After all, it does say last issue of Doctor Strange, not of the volume... Marvel used to do that a lot a few years ago. Thor to Journey into Mystery; Captain America to Captain America and Bucky (and Hawkeye; Iron Man; Namor; Black Widow); Thunderbolts to Dark Avengers...

As long as they don't relaunch it and he's de-powered again.

Unless I hear from Waid or Marvel, I doubt it, everyone is falling for the facade.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as they don't relaunch it and he's de-powered again.

Relaunching is fine is the status quo is changed, depowering him would be some BS since Aaron and Waid just did that.

I've pretty much acclimated myself to 12-24 issue runs before a renumbering. If Marvel was publishing a Dr Strange 21, who among us would really believe there would never be another Dr Strange 1? No Marvel numbering is going to get up that high and I can live with it if Marvel keeps up a legacy numbering on the books going back to the sixties. I'd live with it otherwise, but I really wouldn't like it.

I'm positive, marvel's coming out with a renamed book numbered 21 in October. A new book starting at issue 1 picking up after the end of Dr Strange 20. Or a new Dr Strange 1 (legacy 411) in October or sometime in the future. Because Marvel's making this publication activity story generated, I'd expect them to be tight-lipped until we get more information about the post Galactus issues.

Dpoc's been changed and cancelled numerous times. And he's always come back. But we need to make sure he's actually leaving before we worry about him coming back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    They lost me after they got rid of Cates for Waid (and I'm usually not a fan of the former).
    One, they didn't "get rid of Cates for Waid." Cates left on his own choosing because of other opportunities. Waid was the writer who was picked to take over.

Also, while Cates had a great run, Waid's has been even better.