Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Waid's run is OK. Wish he got better artists.
    Better than Jesus Saiz and Javier Pina? I don't think so.

Any book would be lucky to have those two.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Unless I hear from Waid or Marvel, I doubt it, everyone is falling for the facade.
    Yeah, it seems pretty obvious this isn't really a cancellation.

BANNED

I agree it’s probably not a cancellation but a relaunch, but I really hope the writer won’t change

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

So cool! Let's see: the last remaining Marvel Comics I get are Squirrel Girl, Belit, Dr. Strange, and Immortal Hulk. Cancelled, cancelled, cancelled. Ah, come autumn, why, all I'll have is Hulk. And to think, once upon a time, many years (many many years) ago, almost all of what I read was from Marvel.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Ending on writer's own terms, mini-series, and probably relaunching. None of them are cancelled.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

i recall the carefree days of when a creative team changed they simply changed the creative team and didn't feel the need to relaunch the whole title.

I'm so sick of all these relaunches.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Are you sure it's really just cancelled?

I didn't think Marvel officially announced cancelations any more.
    Don't they just usually do those "stealth cancelations" where the issue doesn't appear in solicitations or anything?

All-New Member Viktor_VaughnDoom's Avatar

Possibly they are just ending Waid's run and starting another with a new #1. Because of Legacy numbering new #1's just really signify a new run by a new creative team. Or possibly that all these hungry for click news sites are jumping to conclusions and it's not really ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    One, they didn't "get rid of Cates for Waid." Cates left on his own choosing (choice) because of other opportunities. Waid was the writer who was picked to take over.

Also, while Cates had a great run, Waid's has been even better.
    It's been fantastic. He's really done things no one has done before. Loved the idea of him crafting his own magical weapons. I hope Waid is sticking around and this is all just jumping to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    So cool! Let's see: the last remaining Marvel Comics I get are Squirrel Girl, Belit, Dr. Strange, and Immortal Hulk. Cancelled, cancelled, cancelled. Ah, come autumn, why, all I'll have is Hulk. And to think, once upon a time, many years (many many years) ago, almost all of what I read was from Marvel.
    There are a bunch of other great books there you're missing out on.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are you sure it's really just cancelled?

I didn't think Marvel officially announced cancelations any more.
    Don't they just usually do those "stealth cancelations" where the issue doesn't appear in solicitations or anything?
    Shuri's writer complained about that too while going off on Bleedingcool. She gave Marvel notice a long time ago that was too busy with 2 tv shows and other projects to keep on.

i recall the carefree days of when a creative team changed they simply changed the creative team and didn't feel the need to relaunch the whole title.
    Because a restart is the ONLY way to ensure that some books reaches some stores. You could put a new team on and you might get LESS copies ordered.

Do a new annoying number one and at least everyone is made aware of the book.

Dynamite, Dark Horse and Valiant do it too. I would say Dynamite is a worst offender when it comes to Red Sonja & Vamperella. Valiant tends to take a break before they do it.

To be fair, even if July's Shuri solicit did say FINAL ISSUE, people would've still assumed it was cancelled instead of the writer's choice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I am trade waiting Doctor Strange by Mark Waid and it is surelly one of the most interesting new comic books.
    And i had just read the first five stories so far but i will be buying the second TPB and catch up with the stories.
    So hopefully Doctor Strange by Mark Waid won´t be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, even if July's Shuri solicit did say FINAL ISSUE, people would've still assumed it was cancelled instead of the writer's choice.
    But it would be nice if people knew ahead of time what issue is the final issue of a run, not continue to wonder if/when the next issue may (or may not) show up in stores or in their "pull" folder.
    (The latter can be really confusing for those who only make it to a comic book shop maybe once a month or once every couple of months.)