Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    b

Yeah, the depowering is old and seemingly Strange's only thing now. Back in the seventies when he first became the Sorcerer Supreme, it was a big deal for the story and a believable and powerful development. A problem is Strange has seemingly reached the peak of his development and all he has now isn't moving on, but losing what he has. A plot where he has another goal to obtain would be welcome.
    A new goal would be welcome, agreed. Or just some stories that have nothing to do with power levels, where he's at a steady place in that regard. That can be super powered, or at a low level, I just don't want it to be a plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    A new goal would be welcome, agreed. Or just some stories that have nothing to do with power levels, where he's at a steady place in that regard. That can be super powered, or at a low level, I just don't want it to be a plot point.
    I mean, his goal is to protect the world from the darkness of magic and from otherworldly supernatural threats. Not sure he can really shift into something else.

I don't even think the way Strange's powers work relies on "power levels" to be honest, when depicted correctly. It's all incantations and asking for help from supernatural forces.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, his goal is to protect the world from the darkness of magic and from otherworldly supernatural threats. Not sure he can really shift into something else.

I don't even think the way Strange's powers work relies on "power levels" to be honest, when depicted correctly. It's all incantations and asking for help from supernatural forces.
    New goal as in overcoming something that has nothing to do with the loss of his powers. A new obstacle or obstacles...I'm open to whatever.

He's shown as more powerful sometimes and less others. Either is fine, he can be a universal powerhouse or just a good sorcerer, I just want it to not be a plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    New goal as in overcoming something that has nothing to do with the loss of his powers. A new obstacle or obstacles...I'm open to whatever.
    I'd just hope to see Dr. Strange doing his job, to be honest .
    He's shown as more powerful sometimes and less others. Either is fine, he can be a universal powerhouse or just a good sorcerer, I just want it to not be a plot point.
    I'd appreciate more consistency .

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

It won't be a big surprise, if Dr. Strange relaunches, with Waid making changes to the character. He did the same thing on his Daredevil run, ending the series he had been doing. Then relaunching with a new #1 moving Daredevil to San Francisco.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    It won't be a big surprise, if Dr. Strange relaunches, with Waid making changes to the character. He did the same thing on his Daredevil run, ending the series he had been doing. Then relaunching with a new #1 moving Daredevil to San Francisco.
    Yes, exactly. I think it's just going to reflect a major status quo change of some kind.

Today's issue, by the way, was really good. Digging this Galactus arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd just hope to see Dr. Strange doing his job, to be honest .
    Exactly, I have missed him just doing magic interdimensional stuff, helping to maintain stability and all that. That's mostly why the current arc has been really clicking with me so far

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    Exactly, I have missed him just doing magic interdimensional stuff, helping to maintain stability and all that. That's mostly why the current arc has been really clicking with me so far
    It's a novel twist on Doc usually fighting a threat from another dimension invading us to him stopping a threat from our dimension to somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    I thought I read somewhere at the time that Marvel had been pushing Waid to do a relaunch/renumbering earlier (to coincide with one of their All-New, All-Different, NOW! a shiny-new highly-collectible over-priced FIRST ISSUE with a gazillion variant covers!) but that he resisted until it was decided to relocate the story to California with Matt's secret identity now public knowledge.

Issue 20 has been postponed and is now out in October.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...layed-a-month/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

when the movie doctor strange 2 come, he become more popular, they will re launch
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    when the movie doctor strange 2 come, he become more popular, they will re launch
    That's an interesting point. Marvel is believed to bring movie synergy to comic stories. Strange is also going through major changes causing a publication change. Might a Doc Strange 2 movie development be part of the Doc 20 happening?

Idle speculation, but hey, it's what we do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    I bet it’s going to relaunch anyways

Like everyone else, I hope this latest cancellation will lead to a relaunch of some sort that doesn't involve Strange being depowered and struggling to reclaim his abilities and role. Marvel has done that storyline to death with Strange.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    That's an interesting point. Marvel is believed to bring movie synergy to comic stories. Strange is also going through major changes causing a publication change. Might a Doc Strange 2 movie development be part of the Doc 20 happening?

Idle speculation, but hey, it's what we do.
    I wonder if that might also partially explain the re-emphasis on Clea, what with it being very likely she'd be in the sequel.