Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lord, all the weapons and pouches on that cover!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Lord, all the weapons and pouches on that cover!
    And there's not even anything cool about the guns. Cable just looks like he's cradling some brutalist architecture.

Mighty Member

Look, I’m not going to deny rob coming in at the end of New Mutants and the change to X- force was awesome back then, but why is he allowed to write such garbage for Marvel? I know there’s plenty of other writers writing garbage for the x-books, but he’s crap. His art hasn’t evolved. His writing is bland. Reading his Deadpool in those pages is like reading just some annoying character that talks a lot (yes, that’s how he was conceived, but even Deadpool has evolved.. he talks a lot and is funny).

I wish he would just stop and do his own thing

this was so bad it was actually hilarious. Like i got such a good laugh i can't even be mad. lol The dialogue, the mother worshipping. Yoooo. It was hilarious.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    this was so bad it was actually hilarious. Like i got such a good laugh i can't even be mad. lol The dialogue, the mother worshipping. Yoooo. It was hilarious.
    How about sharing with us?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How about sharing with us?
    Sorry i wasn't sure about spoiler rules and didn't want to ruin it. But basically Deadpool vs. Deadpool after trying to happily take out Jean. Cable gushing about how Jean is the end all be all while holding her in his arms. Storm beaten by the trident of Storms which her son was then somehow able to absorb and i think redirect but the art wasn't very clear. I mean it was just a hot mess. You have to peek through it yourself when you get a chance. like whoo. Oh and Storm says "my son, and my beloved." about a million times.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh and the story makes it sound like at some point Storm/Cable will hook up and have a kid in the 616 because Cable was like we need to keep details of how we hook up in the future a secret. And Storm was all "I understand but no matter what the circumstance we created something AMAZING together." so i guess she's looking forward to it. Im literally laughing just rethinking about. This prob book of the week material for all the wrong reasons. Oh and he has brothers and sisters so maybe Storm/Cable have a whole litter?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Did he really use 4 of the same panel for Deadpool? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, he sure did.....*sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I can't believe Marvel pais Liefeld to ctrl+C and Ctrl+v a entire page
    It's funny. When people like Brent E. Anderson does the same thing it seems to have all the sense...

Oh. Wait. Anderson was making storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    It's funny. When people like Brent E. Anderson does the same thing it seems to have all the sense...

Oh. Wait. Anderson was making storytelling.

But that wasn't for 3 pages. lol. That's about the same amount of text deadpool had but it was spread out over 3 pages. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pretty sure it was only one page of copy pasta. Greg Land does it for whole books.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pretty sure it was only one page of copy pasta. Greg Land does it for whole books.
    Let me correct myself. The example he used had about as much text as what Liefield spread across three pages of deadpool. Which is why one is proably looked on as better writing than the other. and it was more artistically done than what was in this issue.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

But that wasn't for 3 pages. lol. That's about the same amount of text deadpool had but it was spread out over 3 pages. lol
    I am positively keeping distance between Liefeld and artists like Anderson, who do know how to use artistic resources for telling a story, instead of gratuitously filling pages in order to hide they can't make a comic

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Let me correct myself. The example he used had about as much text as what Liefield spread across three pages of deadpool. Which is why one is proably looked on as better writing than the other. and it was more artistically done than what was in this issue.
    Yeah the babbling spreads through 3 - 4 pages but Killerbee and spirit were complaining about the use of the same panel four times on page 2.
    "Cable was right!"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cable gushing about how Jean is the end all be all while holding her in his arms.
    She is though. Best part of the issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I am positively keeping distance between Liefeld and artists like Anderson, who do know how to use artistic resources for telling a story, instead of gratuitously filling pages in order to hide they can't make a comic
    Liefeld isn't the only one that uses copy and paste, but when he does it is for the most pedestrian results