Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Would You Watch DC Rejected Movie Ideas As Animated Features?

We have quite a lot of rejected movie proposals for DC characters.

Abraam's Flyby Superman, Tim Miller's Justice league, Shumacher's Batman and Robin follow up, Aronwosky's Batman Year One, Whendon's Wonder Woman and the imfamous Burton's Superman Lives.

Would you watch anmated movies based on these scrapped ideas?

The ideas are not as important as the Directors attached to them. Without them they are just someone else's interpretation of a comic story.

And Schumacher should stay away from superheroes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The ideas are not as important as the Directors attached to them. Without them they are just someone else's interpretation of a comic story.

And Schumacher should stay away from superheroes.
    Can't argue with that...

Kevin Smith has said he hopes his Superman movie with Nicholas Cage would be turned into a DC animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Can't argue with that...
    I don't want him to do a superhero film again but the guy did exactly what WB wanted.

I mean the guy made films like St. Elmo's Fire, Cousins, the Original Flatliners, A Time to Kill, 8mm, Lost Boys and freaking Falling Down. The guy is a good filmmaker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't want him to do a superhero film again but the guy did exactly what WB wanted.

I mean the guy made films like St. Elmo's Fire, Cousins, the Original Flatliners, A Time to Kill, 8mm, Lost Boys and freaking Falling Down. The guy is a good filmmaker.
    I'd take him over Burton in a New York minute for a superhero movie. Let's be honest. Batman and Robin was not the worst Batman movie of that era.

Really batman forever isn't that bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Really batman forever isn't that bad.
    It's not Citizen Cain either.

Kane.

10charsss

I don't think anyone ever was trying to say it was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Kane.

10charsss
    Demon on my keyboard, i suppose! It happens. ;p
    ΄
    Last edited by Minerboh; 06-23-2019 at 04:57 AM.

BANNED

Probably. I have never saw this movies you are mentioning so i am not going to say otherwise.
    However, Batman Forever and especially Batman and Robin are not bright markers on his resume.

Would depend on the specific project being made, I guess.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Probably. I have never saw this movies you are mentioning so i am not going to say otherwise.
    However, Batman Forever and especially Batman and Robin are not bright markers on his resume.
    Why? WB wanted a kid friendly Batman film that could sell toys after Batman Returns and Schumacher delivered and from a production standpoint both films are good cinematographer, costumes, sets, lighting, are all good just the story fails.

His films are a wrongheaded interpretation of Batman but he was born in 1939 (Same year as Bats ) and grew up with the more sillier simplistic bright versions of comic book characters and the biggest pop culture representation of Batman for most of his adult life was the Adam West Show so told to do a big screen kid friendly Batman would look like what he did to a guy from that age group I imagine. Also IMO the Zack Snyder DCEU films are pretty wrongheaded interpretations but doesn't change Snyder is a talented filmmaker and at least Schumacher apologized to fans for getting it wrong unlike Snyder.

Also I just did a test and I watched Batman Forever and BvS and I got thru Batman Forever I gave up midway thru BvS.

I know I'm coming off defensive but I've seen him attacked for 20 years by fans and creators for these films and it's wrong and he seems to have no defenders and while I dislike Batman and Robin I will defend Joel Schumacher the filmmaker and trust me watch Falling Down for a better idea of what he can do it's a great film.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-23-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That's debatable. St. Elmos Fire is a my hate watch movie. I think we need to keep in mind that most of these ideas were rejected for a reason. Most of them just weren't very good. I'd watch Superman Lives just to see all the zany stuff I heard about but I have no illusions about what kind of film it would be. Animated or live action. If we were talking about a decent movie that never made it to production for whatever reason that would be different. The proposed sequel to Superman Returns sounds like it might have been interesting. We would have gotten Brainiac and Chris helping his father. Short of that, none of these sound very good.
    Assassinate Putin!