Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's debatable. St. Elmos Fire is a my hate watch movie. I think we need to keep in mind that most of these ideas were rejected for a reason. Most of them just weren't very good. I'd watch Superman Lives just to see all the zany stuff I heard about but I have no illusions about what kind of film it would be. Animated or live action. If we were talking about a decent movie that never made it to production for whatever reason that would be different. The proposed sequel to Superman Returns sounds like it might have been interesting. We would have gotten Brainiac and Chris helping his father. Short of that, none of these sound very good.
    No it's not debatable he's a good filmmaker. I dislike the LOTRs films but Peter Jackson deserved the Oscar because he made a great film I just dislike it. Going back to Zack Snyder Dawn of the Dead is his only film I can sit thru and enjoy from start to finish and it's still nowhere near as good as the original. Snyder isn't my cup of tea doesn't make him a bad filmmaker. Uwe Boll is a bad filmmaker ironically I find some of his films fun because of that but he's a bad filmmaker not Joel Schumacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Why? WB wanted a kid friendly Batman film that could sell toys after Batman Returns and Schumacher delivered and from a production standpoint both films are good cinematographer, costumes, sets, lighting, are all good just the story fails.

His films are a wrongheaded interpretation of Batman but he was born in 1939 (Same year as Bats ) and grew up with the more sillier simplistic bright versions of comic book characters and the biggest pop culture representation of Batman for most of his adult life was the Adam West Show so told to do a big screen kid friendly Batman would look like what he did to a guy from that age group I imagine. Also IMO the Zack Snyder DCEU films are pretty wrongheaded interpretations but doesn't change Snyder is a talented filmmaker and at least Schumacher apologized to fans for getting it wrong unlike Snyder.

Also I just did a test and I watched Batman Forever and BvS and I got thru Batman Forever I gave up midway thru BvS.

I know I'm coming off defensive but I've seen him attacked for 20 years by fans and creators for these films and it's wrong and he seems to have no defenders and while I dislike Batman and Robin I will defend Joel Schumacher the filmmaker and trust me watch Falling Down for a better idea of what he can do it's a great film.
    I'll give Schumacher this- I loved Batman Forever when it came out, and to be quite honest, I would consider Batman and Robin a good movie if they removed everything to do with Poison Ivy. Upon reflection, she's really the only thing that kills that movie for me. I loved Arnold's over-the-top performance, and Clooney was a decent enough Bruce Wayne, if not Batman.

As for the premise of this thread- if they kept the original creators involved in the production, I'd be very interested in seeing some of these ideas done as animation.

BANNED

Why? WB wanted a kid friendly Batman film that could sell toys after Batman Returns and Schumacher delivered and from a production standpoint both films are good cinematographer, costumes, sets, lighting, are all good just the story fails.

His films are a wrongheaded interpretation of Batman but he was born in 1939 (Same year as Bats ) and grew up with the more sillier simplistic bright versions of comic book characters and the biggest pop culture representation of Batman for most of his adult life was the Adam West Show so told to do a big screen kid friendly Batman would look like what he did to a guy from that age group I imagine. Also IMO the Zack Snyder DCEU films are pretty wrongheaded interpretations but doesn't change Snyder is a talented filmmaker and at least Schumacher apologized to fans for getting it wrong unlike Snyder.

Also I just did a test and I watched Batman Forever and BvS and I got thru Batman Forever I gave up midway thru BvS.

I know I'm coming off defensive but I've seen him attacked for 20 years by fans and creators for these films and it's wrong and he seems to have no defenders and while I dislike Batman and Robin I will defend Joel Schumacher the filmmaker and trust me watch Falling Down for a better idea of what he can do it's a great film.
    Are we talking about the same WB that destroyed Justice League and turned it into that Frankenstein excuse of a blockbuster?
    Anyway, Into The Spider-Verse was also a kid friendly movie, the Incredibles was a kid friendly movie but i would watch these anytime of the day instead of Batman Forever of Batman and Robin.
    It's another thing to make movies for children and it is another thing all together to throw thrashy material.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Are we talking about the same WB that destroyed Justice League and turned it into that Frankenstein excuse of a blockbuster?
    Anyway, Into The Spider-Verse was also a kid friendly movie, the Incredibles was a kid friendly movie but i would watch these anytime of the day instead of Batman Forever of Batman and Robin.
    It's another thing to make movies for children and it is another thing all together to throw thrashy material.
    I prefer both animated Suicide Squad films over the live action film doesn't make David Ayer a bad filmmaker.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-23-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'd take him over Burton in a New York minute for a superhero movie. Let's be honest. Batman and Robin was not the worst Batman movie of that era.
    Nah, it was, it really was. What Burton Batman movie do you consider worse than any of Schumacher Batman flicks?

I prefer both animated Suicide Squad films over the live action film doesn't make David Ayer a bad filmmaker.
    Funny; I can see the argument that the Assault on Arkham movie was a better story, but I found that the live action one got me attached to the characters more; it seemed like they were better developed, or at least given enough distinct quirks to endear the viewers to them (some were given a lot more to do then others). Better Amanda Waller, too, IMHO (the Assault version wears her evil on her sleeve, while Viola Davis's had a slower unpacking that made her more sinister the more we learn about her and lack of bluster was a good call). Assault did use the Joker better, but still, both were a wild card and not the main event.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)