Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Perhaps, they all moved back in with their parents...
    happens to the best of us

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Current Night Thrasher and Namora are from alternative past universes or something? Darkhawk is both a cop on Earth and a raptor in space so there's story potential there.
    Thrasher was taken from the moment he would've died. Namorita though wasn't blue skinned, so she was clearly plucked out from before the 2005 New Warriors series even started, which does create a plot hole considering that she otherwise apparently has all her 616 memories. Her situation ought to be similar to the All-New X-Men. Perhaps the fact she would've died so soon anyway means history is unaffected? It's not like there'd even been a funeral, considering her body was completely destroyed in the Stamford explosion.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Night Thrasher is solicited to appear in Punisher in September, having been brought back from the dead in Al Ewing's Contest of Champions three years ago.
    Nova Richard Rider has shown up in Guardians of the Galaxy. His legacy character Sam Alexander was on the last version of New Warriors and is now a Champion.
    Namorita showed up in the first arc of Slott's Fantastic Four, her first appearance since Rich's last solo prior to Sam's debut.
    Speedball showed up in Deadpool during Secret Empire.
    Firestar has had a few appearances in the X books.
    Finesse is currently in Unstoppable Wasp, she's a member of AIM.
    Striker and Cloud 9 cameoed in Bendis's last Iron Man arc. Cloud 9 was then mentioned as a member of the Champions Reinforcement Roster.
    The Young Avengers also appeared in Unstoppable Wasp, at Nadia's birthday party, alongside the Champions.
    Cassie Lang appeared in the recent Giant-Man mini, as well as with the rest of the YAs in Unstoppable Wasp. She was a big part of her Dad's Astonishing Ant-Man series, where she became Stinger.
    Kate Bishop had a solo book and was in Journey Into Mystery and West Coast Avengers.
    America Chavez was also in WCA and is in Marvel Rising.
    Wiccan and Hulkling will be in the Death's Head mini next month. Their last regular appearance was in Al Ewing's New Avengers a couple of years ago.
    Wiccan will then join the new Strikeforce team in September.
    Wasn't Julie Power a Loner? She's about to join the Future Foundation with her brother Alex, a former New Warrior.
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing !

Also the Liberteens showed up in FF as The Fantastix! I hope we see more of them soon.

Does Power Man count as middle generation? He was created around the same time as the Avengers Academy characters. Even though he unherited Luke Cage's code name, I don't see him as one of Marvel's Legacy Darlings (he doesn't get any push).
    He is now part of the Champions and I hope he'll stay in the team.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I guess if my sentence ended after “friend.” But by the end, she wasn’t talking to Reptil either because he was with White Tiger. Finesse was isolated by the end of AvAc.

Which is also ignoring Pietro’s presence. Point being, she had numerous lifelines. Any kind of Heel-Face Turn or Face-Heel Turn without some kind of explanation is and always will be lazy especially when you basically drain all depth that they previously had in order to fill a role. Now if there had been something along the lines of what was shown with her future counterpart where she had come to have memory issues and without the Academy that she lost a tear her to who her friends had been and was discovered by AIM, that’d be one thing and add some depth and tragedy to her overall story. But the way she’s presented in Unstoppable Wasp as a generic thug is just an insult to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which is also ignoring Pietro’s presence. Point being, she had numerous lifelines. Any kind of Heel-Face Turn or Face-Heel Turn without some kind of explanation is and always will be lazy especially when you basically drain all depth that they previously had in order to fill a role. Now if there had been something along the lines of what was shown with her future counterpart where she had come to have memory issues and without the Academy that she lost a tear her to who her friends had been and was discovered by AIM, that’d be one thing and add some depth and tragedy to her overall story. But the way she’s presented in Unstoppable Wasp as a generic thug is just an insult to her character.
    We could still get an explanation. Just look how long it took them to give some kind of decent justification for Felicia's heel turn. It wasn't untill Silk and then later in Spencer's Spiderman.
    #EmmaWasRight

The thing is that Black Cat will always be used in Spider-Man books. So somebody would eventually have fixed her.
    But who knows when (and if) Finesse will appear next? If there is no explanation or fixing in the next issue, she may be an AIM goon for good.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    We could still get an explanation. Just look how long it took them to give some kind of decent justification for Felicia's heel turn. It wasn't untill Silk and then later in Spencer's Spiderman.
    The only book that she's appeared in ends next issue and while we got an explanation for Felicia, she's a major character within Spider-Man's world. Any of the Avengers Academy teens are small potatoes. Chances are slim to none that we get anything resembling an explanation with Finesse. Hell just look at Death Locket over in Journey into Mystery. Despite having willingly joined Zemo's Masters of Evil last we saw her, she's now super friendly with the heroes, joking, bantering with them and joining their fight without a second thought. It feels like there are some real missing pieces to have gotten from point A to point Q. And that's basically how it is with these characters being tossed around with no care of what their status was without even taking a moment in passing to even give a short explanation in dialogue. It's extremely lazy and half-assed.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-23-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Personally, I think that the New Warriors would have benefited from the time traveling original X-Men treatment (except for Nova). The time to do it would have been towards the tail-end of Civil War. I think that it might have been fun to see a much younger team adapt to the present day (and the Stamford public relations stuff). Penance should have gone out fighting an amped up Nitro.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Agreed. I think it's especially bad when Unstoppable Wasp is supposed to be trying to avoid the usual cliches with regards to mental issues, and it dives straight into it with Finesse.

They treat her as a comic book sociopath, cackling as she does one evil thing after the other. She was emotionally stunted in Avengers, but she still felt emotions, she was still capable of empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. I think it's especially bad when Unstoppable Wasp is supposed to be trying to avoid the usual cliches with regards to mental issues, and it dives straight into it with Finesse.

They treat her as a comic book sociopath, cackling as she does one evil thing after the other. She was emotionally stunted in Avengers, but she still felt emotions, she was still capable of empathy.
    What makes it even worse is the fact that Nadia is the daughter of the man who created the Avengers Academy and tried to mold teens like Finesse into future heroes. There could have been something interesting there considering that Finesse is a part of Pym's legacy as one of his students. There could have been interesting interaction, especially if Nadia tried to help her back to the light. However it doesn't seem like Whitley even considered the common angle between the two and just chose her to be a thug type character. The fact that you could have replaced Finesse with an OC and nothing at all would have changed about the story says a lot.

I just read Avenger Academy on comixology and honestly the only explanation I need from the writers is that Aim offered her to teach her new things. From her joining Osborn to her blackmailing her teacher, to even her joining the Academy its always been about her bettering herself. Her drive to better herself and how she go on to achieve that has sometimes been less than ideal. I can see her leave Aim just as fast as she join them.

But that's just my interpretation of the character.

Whitley did bring up Hank in Finesse and Nadia's fight, and might get to it later if he gets more issues, but there are more important things to get through and it's not hard to see how the character who had villain potential lives up to it when sent into limbo. Death Locket is an actual case where we seem to have missed a story, but at least it kinda makes sense with how all of the Zemo stuff from Marvel Now fell apart.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Whitley did bring up Hank in Finesse and Nadia's fight, and might get to it later if he gets more issues, but there are more important things to get through and it's not hard to see how the character who had villain potential lives up to it when sent into limbo. Death Locket is an actual case where we seem to have missed a story, but at least it kinda makes sense with how all of the Zemo stuff from Marvel Now fell apart.
    Regardless of what a character’s “potential” is, a character spending time in limbo only to be brought back in the complete opposite status is lazy writing. At that point, it’s basically showing just how little the characters actually matter when you can just completely change a character offscreen and that be viewed as perfectly fine. And regardless of if he would explain it if he got more issues (which is doubtful since this story was written to end with the next issue even before the cancellation), it’s still a matter that he could have easily done so at any time she was on panel. Hell in the first issue he had the girl Nadia had failed to recruit last volume tell why she was doing what she was. Yet somehow Finesse couldn’t be given a single line of dialogue despite being an established character. At that point, it doesn’t seem Whitley thinks of Finesse as an actual character as much as a slave to whatever narrative he’s writing.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Does Power Man count as middle generation? He was created around the same time as the Avengers Academy characters. Even though he unherited Luke Cage's code name, I don't see him as one of Marvel's Legacy Darlings (he doesn't get any push).
    He is now part of the Champions and I hope he'll stay in the team.
    Would be cool if he teamed up with Danny, Luke, and Pei and form some kind of new Heroes For Hire/K'un Lun faction in the city. It would be nice to see him with Ava Ayala White Tiger. Seeing how she used to be with Reptil, I'm already sensing there could be a love triangle among the three.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."