Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Where is the “middle generation “??

I’m talking:

The New Warriors
    Initiative recruits (both new and already existing characters)
    Prodigy and The Slingers
    Loners
    Young Avengers
    Avengers Academy
    Aegis
    Ultragirl
    Devlor
    Vibraxis
    Wild Streak
    Etc.

By “middle generation” I mean those older than The Champions but younger than most Avengers. X-books have New Mutants still , but everyone else seemed to have been forgotten when Initiative ended.

BANNED

Perhaps, they all moved back in with their parents...

Night Thrasher is solicited to appear in Punisher in September, having been brought back from the dead in Al Ewing's Contest of Champions three years ago.
    Nova Richard Rider has shown up in Guardians of the Galaxy. His legacy character Sam Alexander was on the last version of New Warriors and is now a Champion.
    Namorita showed up in the first arc of Slott's Fantastic Four, her first appearance since Rich's last solo prior to Sam's debut.
    Speedball showed up in Deadpool during Secret Empire.
    Firestar has had a few appearances in the X books.
    Finesse is currently in Unstoppable Wasp, she's a member of AIM.
    Striker and Cloud 9 cameoed in Bendis's last Iron Man arc. Cloud 9 was then mentioned as a member of the Champions Reinforcement Roster.
    The Young Avengers also appeared in Unstoppable Wasp, at Nadia's birthday party, alongside the Champions.
    Cassie Lang appeared in the recent Giant-Man mini, as well as with the rest of the YAs in Unstoppable Wasp. She was a big part of her Dad's Astonishing Ant-Man series, where she became Stinger.
    Kate Bishop had a solo book and was in Journey Into Mystery and West Coast Avengers.
    America Chavez was also in WCA and is in Marvel Rising.
    Wiccan and Hulkling will be in the Death's Head mini next month. Their last regular appearance was in Al Ewing's New Avengers a couple of years ago.
    Wiccan will then join the new Strikeforce team in September.
    Wasn't Julie Power a Loner? She's about to join the Future Foundation with her brother Alex, a former New Warrior.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Still stupid as hell that Finesse is working for AIM with zero qualms about hurting innocents with no explanation considering she was part of the Avengers Academy.

We got an explanation back in AA actually. The kids were told they were potential heroes... but discovered that they were actually potential villains who the Avengers wanted to try and put on the legal path. So those kids were always likely to turn villain. Especially Finesse, when you consider her relationship to Taskmaster.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Trauma was also in DaVinci’s pseudo SHIELD but who knows now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We got an explanation back in AA actually. The kids were told they were potential heroes... but discovered that they were actually potential villains who the Avengers wanted to try and put on the legal path. So those kids were always likely to turn villain. Especially Finesse, when you consider her relationship to Taskmaster.
    She also lost the only friend that really empathized with her and kept her on the path of good.

Even so, when last we saw her, she was with the Academy and as we saw with each of the original students, in spite of that, they each became heroes in their own right. You can’t just suddenly swerve a character to full villain without even some acknowledgement and not expect it to raise some eyebrows especially with nothing prior pointing towards a villainous turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She also lost the only friend that really empathized with her and kept her on the path of good.
    You treat it as though Laura was her only friend when she only came along when they expanded the Academy. Hell she even had a relationship with Reptil before then.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-22-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Night Thrasher is solicited to appear in Punisher in September, having been brought back from the dead in Al Ewing's Contest of Champions three years ago.
    Nova Richard Rider has shown up in Guardians of the Galaxy. His legacy character Sam Alexander was on the last version of New Warriors and is now a Champion.
    Namorita showed up in the first arc of Slott's Fantastic Four, her first appearance since Rich's last solo prior to Sam's debut.
    Speedball showed up in Deadpool during Secret Empire.
    Firestar has had a few appearances in the X books.
    Finesse is currently in Unstoppable Wasp, she's a member of AIM.
    Striker and Cloud 9 cameoed in Bendis's last Iron Man arc. Cloud 9 was then mentioned as a member of the Champions Reinforcement Roster.
    The Young Avengers also appeared in Unstoppable Wasp, at Nadia's birthday party, alongside the Champions.
    Cassie Lang appeared in the recent Giant-Man mini, as well as with the rest of the YAs in Unstoppable Wasp. She was a big part of her Dad's Astonishing Ant-Man series, where she became Stinger.
    Kate Bishop had a solo book and was in Journey Into Mystery and West Coast Avengers.
    America Chavez was also in WCA and is in Marvel Rising.
    Wiccan and Hulkling will be in the Death's Head mini next month. Their last regular appearance was in Al Ewing's New Avengers a couple of years ago.
    Wiccan will then join the new Strikeforce team in September.
    Wasn't Julie Power a Loner? She's about to join the Future Foundation with her brother Alex, a former New Warrior.
    Excellent list and I enjoyed reading it. But you forgot to mention Vance Astrovik, Chris Powell and Elvin Haliday.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-22-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

I wish Scorpion was in Wasp. I wish Scorpion joined Genius in Action Research Labs. The teenage girl, I mean. Not the horny middle-aged guy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The Slingers recently had a reunion in PAD's Scarlet Spider series
    Aegis died back during Incredible Hercules
    Vibraxas had a small supporting role in Coates' Black Panther series before it got relaunched into the current Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda volume

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Excellent list and I enjoyed reading it. But you forgot to mention Vance Astrovik, Chris Powell and Elvin Haliday.
    Justice hasn't been used since the last New Warriors book, has he? Darkhawk isn't actually on any of the teams listed in the first post (he's an ally of Nova, but never actually joined the New Warriors). Anyway, he's been used in GOTG as well, and had an Infinity Countdown tie-in mini. Yeah, I did forget Rage, who was used in Captain America: Sam Wilson and Venomized.

Marvel could have done a weekly initiative featuring a different state. That would have been cool. Each state with their own team. A one shot for each. That would have made a nice collectors item featuring hundreds of characters. DC did 52 and pulled it off.

On another note Cassie as Stinger could have been further developed. I’d much prefer her over Nadia another Wasp.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 06-22-2019 at 09:55 PM.

I think Cassie was unlucky - she got her new powers around the same time Nadia debuted, and then Astonishing Ant-Man was ended because Spencer was too busy with the Captain America books. I do think she should've been in U.S.Avengers' Secret Empire tie-in, as Scott had sent her to France, where that tie-in happened to be set. Both Unstoppable Wasp and Giant-Man just had her use her original Stature powers. In Giant-Man it made sense because she fighting alongside Scott and three other size shifters, who were all in giant form. Her costume had the wings, but no helmet, probably because she was disguised as a prisoner. Her codename went unmentioned, but the wings prove she was still Stinger. In Wasp, which did call her Stinger, she actually didn't have the full costume and seemed to be in a palette swapped Stature suit instead. That's probably because she was at a birthday party and didn't expect Viv to have deliberately chosen a venue that would be attacked (her present to Nadia was a Champions-Young Avengers team-up). As a result, she could only use her old Stature powers there and not the Stinger upgrades there too (Whitley will have done that deliberately of course, since Stinger's powers are identical to Nadia's).

Hopefully they'll make an Ant-Man 3 movie, Cassie suits up in it, and Stinger in the comics will see more use... certainly at the moment, with the Young Avengers not actually existing (they reunited specifically for Nadia's birthday, the lineup there being the originals minus Patriot and Iron Lad, and with the addition of Ms America from the second team) she lacks a place she belongs (Wasp is cancelled, so she can't become a regular there. She could end up on the Champions Reinforcement Roster, but those characters haven't made a physical appearance yet - they could use someone to cover for Nadia when she has her bipolar episodes).

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Slingers recently had a reunion in PAD's Scarlet Spider series
    Aegis died back during Incredible Hercules
    Vibraxas had a small supporting role in Coates' Black Panther series before it got relaunched into the current Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda volume
    There still is a lot of potential there. First off, they need a new Hornet. Personally, think it would be pretty cool to have a woman take up the role. Makes the team gender balanced. Secondly, I envisioned them as being a part of any new Scarlet Spider title. Basically, serve as a kind of support. All of the mid to late 90s Spider-Man characters all in one title would be cool.

As for other members of the middle generation, I think there still has to be some resolution among the New Warriors. They're all just left in some limbo spots with bad or confusing baggage. Speedball probably is still reeling from Stamford. Justice and Firestar's relationship needs repair. Current Night Thrasher and Namora are from alternative past universes or something? Darkhawk is both a cop on Earth and a raptor in space so there's story potential there. Nova has been proving himself with the Guardians of the Galaxy, so he could be the stabilizing leader. Basically, there are a lot of plots that need to be resolved with the New Warriors.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You treat it as though Laura was her only friend when she only came along when they expanded the Academy. Hell she even had a relationship with Reptil before then.
    I guess if my sentence ended after “friend.” But by the end, she wasn’t talking to Reptil either because he was with White Tiger. Finesse was isolated by the end of AvAc.