Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Supes and Bats go back too far for me to have a specific memory.

Wally I first saw on Justice League. I found his personality annoying and I felt he was redundant, since Superman was one of my favorites and one of the things I loved fantasizing about most was his speed. Then I saw the diverse use of his powers and started to appreciate how he was the happy, more normal one. Once I picked up a Geoff Johns issue of Wally where he describes feeling pain travel up his nerves from a Gorilla Grodd bite, and has a pep talk with another favorite in Nightwing, I was completel engrossed, and the rest was history.

Boisterously Confused

Dr. Fate: it was one of the enormous reprint specials of All-Star Comics #3, and I loved his feature the most of them all (although Hourman remained my favorite character). The majestic look that Sherman gave to the good Doctor's in-flight pose was different than anything that I'd see before.

Image.jpg

Hawkman: That guy is awesome looking! Wings are way cooler than a cape, and he comes with a mace, too!

Keep in mind, my first exposure to the character was seeing his Super Powers action figure when I was around 8 years old. But, as I've said before, while my affinity towards Hawkman's aesthetics first drew me to him, it's the multifaceted nature of the character--in more ways than one, obviously--that's kept me a fan for all these years.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Superman - I watched the Movie when I was a kid and well, a man could fly, stop bullets and do anything he wants.

Hawkman - JL/JLU, at the best he was a sad loser in love with a woman who didn't love him, at worst he was a vindictive violent ex-boyfrient or a crazy stalker depending on the version. Only years later seeing some arts, covers, etc, that I noticed how badass he looked, enough to make give it a chance and read something with the character.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Hawkman: That guy is awesome looking! Wings are way cooler than a cape, and he comes with a mace, too!

Keep in mind, my first exposure to the character was seeing his Super Powers action figure when I was around 8 years old. But, as I've said before, while my affinity towards Hawkman's aesthetics first drew me to him, it's the multifaceted nature of the character--in more ways than one, obviously--that's kept me a fan for all these years.
    Silver Age Hawkman's in my top five as well. This was my first impression (although I read the story in a reprint). This was the impression: Cool Guy! Cool Wings! Taking on a Ray Wand with a Slingshot! Cool!!!

Image.jpg

Between Kubert and Anderson, designs that have Hawkman looking through the helmet's eyeholes have never looked right to me.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

My first impression of my faves, The Wonder Twins, was on the SF cartoon, and while I liked the powers, I did not like the way they were handled on the show.

When I found the SF comic book, I was pleasantly surprised. Zan & Jayna were portrayed as eager to learn, competent, and interesting. I was much happier with the comic version of them.

Retired

I was first taken with the weird things that Elongated Man could do to his body--to the point of being grotesque, like popping out his eyeballs--and when I showed these panels to my sister, she freaked out. So I just had to get more--and what made me love Ralph and Sue Dibny was the mystery angle. Their sense of curiosity whenever anything struck them as not quite right was the kind of thing with which I could identify. I was always finding things that didn't make sense in the world and trying to get answers.

So I just had to get more--and what made me love Ralph and Sue Dibny was the mystery angle.
    I love the mystery angle. I do feel it was more played up in Detective Comics than in his first appearances in the Flash. Still, after reading him in The Flash, I did seek out his other issues. I like the earlier way his nose was shown twitching better than the later way. I really enjoyed (and rather agreed with) the time in the bronze age when Ralph was complaining Legion work provided plenty of villain fighting, but not enough mysteries. That was so true to the character to me.

Dick Grayson.

Coolest dude on the Batman TV show and the main reason I started collecting Batman stuff.

Just thought he was awesome from day one.

I was all about the fantasy of being a kid and hanging with super-heroes and Robin was the closest we had to that when I was young.

Still kinda wish I was him to this day. ( Barring the current Ric garbage)
    Batman - Daredevil

Mighty Member

Animal Man- Wow that costume's ugly.

I'm gonna be honest, the orange one is STILL ugly, but now I like it. Not with the coat, though.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

"Oh, he's not memorable compared to Cyborg. What a good thing Cyborg replaced him in the final season."

Come late December...

"GREAT LIGHTNING!!"
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

"Why he don't got no face?"
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

“Jason Todd? Who is Jason Todd & why would he be Red X?”

"So I heard DC is doing all these #0 issues this month, which are designed to be good jumping on points for new readers. I've vaguely heard of this character, but being new to reading comics, I really don't know much about him. I guess I'll try the #0 issue and see if it's any good."

An hour later, after buying and reading Flash #0: "Hmm. Not sure if I'll keep reading this one."

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian Wayne - What a jerk. I hope Bruce gives him a sound trashing [when he pushed Tim off the Dino]