Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yep. As usual, it's a vocal minority being loud on the internet.

The movie's success or failure will not be impacted by them either way. All that matters is that the general audience, critics and most of the fans are satisfied with it.

You're reinforcing Kjn's point. Marston's take may be one of the best (God knows he's my overall favorite), but the character does not belong to just him anymore and hasn't for a long ass time. Time to move on somewhat.

And there is plenty of divide in the Bat and Super fandoms with fans having narrow views of what works and what doesn't. A casual glance at the Superman boards will show that there isa lot of common ground with the Wonder Woman fandom.

Great epic CGI action will be great if done well, but it isn't the be all end all of what makes a good movie. More often than not, it just leads to dumb popcorn fluff. Clash of the Titans was an awful movie, and I would like WW84 to aim higher than that. If we have to lose a bit of spectacle, it would be worth it to not end up like that trash.
    I can understand that many are disappointed with Diana's portrayal in current comics, and that the DCEU version doesn't fly yet and hasn't as many feats as other characters in comic book movies. But that doesn't mean that WW84 will be bad. Or that it won't have good action and feats. I do want Diana's power to shine more in comics and movies. But just because we have had bad experiences in the past, doesn't mean that this upcoming film will be a disaster. We know almost nothing about it. Patty is a great director and cares about the character. So i believe that she will create a great film that will make Diana shine like the great and powerful hero that she is.
    Last edited by wonderland789; 06-23-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Fantastic Member

Default Sure Hope So...

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland789 View Post
    I can understand that many are disappointed with Diana's portrayal in current comics, and that the DCEU version doesn't fly yet and hasn't as many feats as other characters in comic book movies. But that doesn't mean that WW84 will be bad. Or that it won't have good action and feats. I do want Diana's power to shine more in comics and movies. But just because we have had bad experiences in the past, doesn't mean that this upcoming film will be a disaster. We know almost nothing about it. Patty is a great director and cares about the character. So i believe that she will create a great film that will make Diana shine like the great and powerful hero that she is.

Yes, I feel the same way. But there's also a lot to be said of just having plain old kick ass, highly powerful feats in it simplicity...they inspire a few fan base...the children. I want a movie that is more action driven with a good story, than a romance, spy movie...I don't watch superhero movies for that.

Yep. As usual, it's a vocal minority being loud on the internet.

The movie's success or failure will not be impacted by them either way. All that matters is that the general audience, critics and most of the fans are satisfied with it.

You're reinforcing Kjn's point. Marston's take may be one of the best (God knows he's my overall favorite), but the character does not belong to just him anymore and hasn't for a long ass time. Time to move on somewhat.

And there is plenty of divide in the Bat and Super fandoms with fans having narrow views of what works and what doesn't. A casual glance at the Superman boards will show that there isa lot of common ground with the Wonder Woman fandom.

Great epic CGI action will be great if done well, but it isn't the be all end all of what makes a good movie. More often than not, it just leads to dumb popcorn fluff. Clash of the Titans was an awful movie, and I would like WW84 to aim higher than that. If we have to lose a bit of spectacle, it would be worth it to not end up like that trash.
    Sacrilege! Clash of the Titans is a GREAT movie! I've loved it all my life and watch it every time it airs. If WW84 is half as good I'll be satisfied and yes I'm all about action and spectacle. I didn't become a fan of Wonder Woman because of her relationship with Steve, he wasn't even in the picture. So their romance is not going to thrill me, I need harpies, gorgons or flying horses and I know I'm not getting any of that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Sacrilege! Clash of the Titans is a GREAT movie! I've loved it all my life and watch it every time it airs. If WW84 is half as good I'll be satisfied and yes I'm all about action and spectacle. I didn't become a fan of Wonder Woman because of her relationship with Steve, he wasn't even in the picture. So their romance is not going to thrill me, I need harpies, gorgons or flying horses and I know I'm not getting any of that.
    Do you mean the original or the remake?

Because the original has it's charm but the remake is mindless.

Do you mean the original or the remake?

Because the original has it's charm but the remake is mindless.
    The original, it made me a fan of Ray Harryhausen films, Laurence Olivier, Burgess Meredith, Maggie Smith and mythology in general.