Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Positivity

Fantastic Member

Default Positivity

With a lot of negativity floating about as well as some positive. Here's a thread for folk to just gush generally about anyone or anything. I know there's specific threads for subjects, but there can be debates which sometimes just descend into mudslinging. This is solely for love & appreciation. Let folk sing something's praises with no put downs. Anything they like. This is the place to post. No debates, definitely no arguments, absolutely no name-calling. Whether you love Synder, Bendis, King or Johns. Shout it from the rooftops. Tell us why you love a particular artist, writer, or storyline. We'll listen.

I very much enjoy Phil Jiminez's art work. His Wonder Woman run was the first one I read.

Ivan Reis and Doug Mahnke are my favorite Green Lantern artists. I terribly miss them on GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ivan Reis and Doug Mahnke are my favorite Green Lantern artists. I terribly miss them on GL.
    Definitely agree!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

James Robinson & Tony Harris work on Starman ! I adore this comic! It has so much heart and I miss these characters.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

DOOMSDAY CLOCK is emerging as a masterpiece. You'd think it'd be impossible to follow up WATCHMEN, and yet...

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Currently, I'm loving YJ, Dial H, Action, Hawkman, and Batman. I'm also loving Doomsday Clock, Leviathan, and the current Batman book that Snyder's doing for Black Label as minis.

I also loved Azzarello's run on WW, Morrison's Earth One books featuring WW, and Paul Dini and Alex Ross' Spirit of Truth book that they did.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Young Justice, Dial H for Hero, Tec, and Super Sons all still make me incredibly happy. Super Sons in particular has always been such a joy to read. I'm really gonna miss it once this final issue comes out. At the very least, I hope it isn't the last we see of that kid Lantern.

Tomasi might honestly be my favorite writer at DC.

Empty is thy hand!

I'm loving the hell out of my back issues right now. Working my way through a reread of Morrison & Waid's JLA, Johns & Goyer JSA, and PAD Young Justice, trading off every three/four issues or between story arcs.

DC Universe having all the main DC comics that are on Comixology available for the price of two or three comics a month.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I love Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis for creating Grid... pretty much the only saving grace of Forever Evil and the reason I like Darkseid War so much...

The current Hawkman run is one of the best Books DC has right now.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The current Hawkman run is one of the best Books DC has right now.
    It has been pretty fantastic so far.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I really need to get caught up with Hawkman. The LCS screwed up when I asked them to back order the issues I had missed and at this point Im just waiting for the trade. But I hear really good things and cant wait to give it a shot.

Naomi is probably the best comic I've read this year so far. Just amazing stuff all around.

There's actually a lot of stuff Im very happy with these days. Not everything, but I'm actually reading more DC now than at any other time in the last few years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Between Green Lantern and Hawkman two of my favorite characters both have excellent books right now! It's wonderful. TGL feels like the book I've been waiting for since I started reading comics.