Default Real life issues...

I have loved comics for a very long time. Starting with Archie when I was a kid and moving on to superhero comics as I got older. I had a rough childhood, bipolar father, fighting abuse, and dealing with my own mental health issues. Comics were always a fun escape for me. The over the top plots of aliens trying to take over the world, colorful super villains fighting even more colorful superheroes. it was a great time. But over the pat few months I have read comics that deal with real life issues. Issues such as terrorism, immigration, gay rights, racial issues. While I agree that comics need to stay current if they are going to survive these issues were not the fun escape that I enjoy. Dealing with real life issues does not provide the child like enjoyment that I look for in comics.

So my question is does dealing with real life issues take you out of reading comics or does it make it more fun for you?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

They should do both. "Comics" is not a monolith. It is a medium to tell stories. There should be fun, innocent comics, and ones that deal with real life issues.
    We have room for Bone and Maus.
    If you are talking about Superhero comics, they have always dealt with real life issues from time to time. Especially after the Marvel Silver Age.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

iMan 42s

It only takes me out of a story if its handled poorly.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.