Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Default Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Mini

Is there anyone else looking forward to this in September?

I'm an old school gamer and this console is something I'll definitely be looking into buying when it arrives.

There are 40 Mega Drive games built into this. Many of them, although not all, classics.

I picked up the Playstation Classic mini simply because it was $27 at Target and I was able to mod it to install over 200 PSOne games. I loved the Sega system when it was out (I even had the cd drive and 32x for it) but I doubt I'll pick this one up. I have all of the Sega Genesis roms on my pc, my ps3, and on my Playstation Classic mini. Don't need another system to play those games on. ;-)

It looks cool though and I hope it sells well!!

Personal faves/played back when I was a kid (only when I could finally get a damn go on the console after my older brothers playing for hours on end!);

Altered Beast
    Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (possibly my fave)
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Golden Axe
    OutRun 2019 (huh! )
    Road Rash II (loved it, Natasha was my first love! crushed so much for her!)
    Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2
    Street Fighter II
    Streets of Rage 2 (Best soundtrack ever! - I still bop away to it on youtube from time to time)
    The Revenge of Shinobi
    ToeJam & Earl (another great soundtrack, and the Boogie woogie woogie men!, awww, great times)
    World of Illusion

Some of others on its wiki page look good too.

I hope a better save function has been added.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Those games listed above are some of the leading reasons that I'm so interested in this console. I'd also add Contra and Strider as games that I'm looking forward to playing again.

I just hope that Sega do a good job with this system.

There's a NES and SNES Mini too. If the SNES one had more games built into it then I'd already have that too.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-14-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Those games listed above are some of the leading reasons that I'm so interested in this console. I'd also add Contra and Strider as games that I'm looking forward to playing again.

I just hope that Sega do a good job with this system.

There's a NES and SNES Mini too. If the SNES one had more games built into it then I'd already have that too.
    So far each of these systems have had ways to easily add games to them. I'm sure the genesis will be no exception.