View Poll Results: What is the best direction for the Miles Morales title?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should be one of several Spider-Man in the regular Marvel Universe

34 51.52%
  • He should replace Peter Parker as Spider-Man in the regular Marvel Universe

1 1.52%
  • He should be the main Spider-Man in another reality outside the regular Marvel Universe

31 46.97%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

[
    Putting him back is a demotion. Marvel just need to move Peter up a level and let Miles be the FNS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The poor boy shouldn't have to carry an entire separate continuity on his back. Look at all the friends he's made in the fun universe!
    Ding Ding, that's essentially the biggest ordeal as to why he should remain in the regular universe. His "origin story" worked best when he was back in his own universe, but for him to progress as a character, he needed to come to the regular universe since all of the events, all of the interactions, and anything considered important for marvel universe happened in the regular universe.

There's also the additional concept of the regular universe cementing his deal as a "true spider man." Having him stay in the ultimate universe gives the impression that he's less important, that sort of "out of sight, out of mind" approach. As you know, some classic fans doesn't like how Miles Morales has reached the popularity that it has, and they see him in the 616 universe as competition to Peter Parker instead of sharing the mantle.

The main marvel universe already has a much better Spider-man. Miles was okay in his own universe, but outside of it he serves no real purpose. He's like Spider-girl and Spider-man 2099, they're fine in their own place and time and can even make for some good reads, but they simply don't fit into the main marvel universe and loose a lot of what makes them special when you try to make them fit.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Ding Ding, that's essentially the biggest ordeal as to why he should remain in the regular universe. His "origin story" worked best when he was back in his own universe, but for him to progress as a character, he needed to come to the regular universe since all of the events, all of the interactions, and anything considered important for marvel universe happened in the regular universe.

There's also the additional concept of the regular universe cementing his deal as a "true spider man." Having him stay in the ultimate universe gives the impression that he's less important, that sort of "out of sight, out of mind" approach. As you know, some classic fans doesn't like how Miles Morales has reached the popularity that it has, and they see him in the 616 universe as competition to Peter Parker instead of sharing the mantle.
    I think the problem for me is less of him being a true Spider-Man and more just being another Spider-Man when he's on 616.

I wish there was some way he could reap the benefits of being in 616 yet still have a dead Peter Parker he wouldn't have to worry about.

he should be if they continue to let 2 gwen stacy joke characters run around.

TWO!?! It's zero. Gwenpool isn't Gwen Stacy, and Ghost Spider isn't a joke character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    [
    Putting him back is a demotion. Marvel just need to move Peter up a level and let Miles be the FNS.
    well thats what they were trying to be with parker industries with Peter being world wide and Miles covering New York but that didnt last long
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well thats what they were trying to be with parker industries with Peter being world wide and Miles covering New York but that didnt last long
    Just in premise alone I don't think it was ever going to be sustainable in the long-term.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the problem for me is less of him being a true Spider-Man and more just being another Spider-Man when he's on 616.

I wish there was some way he could reap the benefits of being in 616 yet still have a dead Peter Parker he wouldn't have to worry about.

Oh no doubt, but that still doesn't change the fact that there are many that feel threaten by Miles Morales, and him being on a separate universe outside of 616 eases that threatening feel since removes, in their eyes, the legitimacy of him being a true spider man.

Oh no doubt, but that still doesn't change the fact that there are many that feel threaten by Miles Morales, and him being on a separate universe outside of 616 eases that threatening feel since removes, in their eyes, the legitimacy of him being a true spider man.
    It certainly makes it harder to pull him off as the one-and-only Spider-Man of his own world, which I feel he should be.

I think Miles has always worked best when he's the only Spider-Man in his own reality (with interdimensional travel for guest-appearances). That said, I don't think it's a huge deal that he's in 616.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It certainly makes it harder to pull him off as the one-and-only Spider-Man of his own world, which I feel he should be.
    Oh no doubt, but just to clarify I feel he should be in the 616 universe. I liked that his origin story started in the ultimate universe, but I prefer the way that they did, transitioning him to 616 universe. There's too many interaction that have been done and that can be done in the future that helps cements his role in the 616 for me.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I feel like Miles has surpassed the point where he NEEDS any Peter permanently dead to work so I’m perfectly fine with him existing in the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Miles Morales was imported to the 616 Universe as per editorial demand and so on. He hasn't outstayed his welcome in the least and he's a major part of Spider-Man's brand, far bigger than trash like Superior Octopus (who really should be an AU character in Spider-Verse and not a 616 character).

My preference is that Miles should be Peter's only legacy. i.e. somewhere down the lie there should be a House of M style event that removes spider-powers from everyone except Peter and Miles. That is in 616. In Spider-Verse, you know obviously you can have Spider-Gwen and so on and stuff like that.
    I strangely agreed with all of this. Things are getting worse in the sense of being like the Batman books. There are starting to be too many out here. Two, maybe three just for variety and that's it. Miles, Peter, and someone else who is on the darker side.

Oh no doubt, but just to clarify I feel he should be in the 616 universe. I liked that his origin story started in the ultimate universe, but I prefer the way that they did, transitioning him to 616 universe. There's too many interaction that have been done and that can be done in the future that helps cements his role in the 616 for me.
    Oh, I understand that Miles has found a place within 616 and developed relationships there that he wouldn't have otherwise. I just miss the days when he was the one-and-only Spider-Man on his own world, and now he's only that thematically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I feel like Miles has surpassed the point where he NEEDS any Peter permanently dead to work so I’m perfectly fine with him existing in the main universe.
    I don't think the argument is that he "NEEDS" Peter permanently dead to work, just that he is much more narratively stronger when Peter is dead within his narrative as Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I strangely agreed with all of this. Things are getting worse in the sense of being like the Batman books. There are starting to be too many out here. Two, maybe three just for variety and that's it. Miles, Peter, and someone else who is on the darker side.
    With Gwen as the token girl ?