View Poll Results: What is the best direction for the Miles Morales title?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should be one of several Spider-Man in the regular Marvel Universe

34 51.52%
  • He should replace Peter Parker as Spider-Man in the regular Marvel Universe

1 1.52%
  • He should be the main Spider-Man in another reality outside the regular Marvel Universe

31 46.97%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Miles is fine in 616, He is on a different path than Peter I actually think he is better off with Peter around so they are force to evolve him differently. In Ultimate Universe it is easy to do a Peter Parker Spiderman story but just Miles instead , In 616 they are forced to create something different because you are getting the Peter Parker stories and writer can't just default to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    What if Miles BECOMES a universe himself. A cosmic entity that produces Spider Totems within its own galactic boundaries.
    You mean you want him to have Singularity's powers? She's a walking talking pocket universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    There’s a reason why it’s called the Multiverse or the Spider-verse in this case. I rather not have another Green Lantern situation here. Let Miles be his own Spider-Man in his own world maybe as a replacement for Peter when he dies in his world. Other than that let’s not make him another Spider-Man in the mainstream Marvel.

I mean while it’s all well and good now doesn’t make things better in the long run.
    By demoting him your actually creating a Green Lantern situation. People were cool with multiple lanterns till Editorial interfered, made Hal evil, ignored the other lanterns and pushed Kyle hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    By demoting him your actually creating a Green Lantern situation. People were cool with multiple lanterns till Editorial interfered, made Hal evil, ignored the other lanterns and pushed Kyle hard.
    That was actually one of the criticism of Hal back in the day. he was just another Green lantern. One of many. Still, the situation is different between GL and Spidey. Hal was told you're a green lantern now. other GLs got hired the same way. Peter decided he would be The Amazing Spider-man. He created the identity by himself. other people just saw it later and decided to copy him.

Yes. Miles should be part of the main Marvel universe. He has been integrated into the main universe and has made friends (like the Champions) and allies (like the original Spider-Man) and to put him back into his own universe would rob him of constant interactions with the characters of the main universe.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Yes. Miles should be part of the main Marvel universe. He has been integrated into the main universe and has made friends (like the Champions) and allies (like the original Spider-Man) and to put him back into his own universe would rob him of constant interactions with the characters of the main universe.
    You can send him to his own world with an awareness of the character development in the MCU.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

For me he can't really work in the 616 universe: He is for me the best legacy character ever created, but he will always be a B-list character who deserve to be an A-list in the 616, because nobody can replace Peter Parker. That's why Marvel didn't gave him an A-list writer after Bendis. If they replace Parker by Morales int The 616, the backlash would be too big. He works better in his own universe, as the only spider-man, with an A-list writer. (And they need to relaunch the Ultimate universe, without character-destroying event like Ultimatum)
    Last edited by lordozone; 07-03-2019 at 06:29 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You can send him to his own world with an awareness of the character development in the MCU.
    That awareness would be pointless unless Miles kept travelling to the main universe to get the character interactions. And at that point, you might as well keep him in the main universe.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Team-ups are overrated. Good characters do not need them. Just check the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Team-ups are overrated. Good characters do not need them. Just check the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy.
    I disagree. See the Avengers, Champions and basically, every team-up Miles has had in the main universe.

Honestly, Miles has accumulated well to the 616 and I think his problems stem more from being considered Peter Parker 2.0/Teen Spider-man 2. That's a legacy issue rather than which universe he should be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I disagree. See the Avengers, Champions and basically, every team-up Miles has had in the main universe.
    Better him then Peter .

I honestly don't see the point of him going back to the ultimate universe at this point

I suspect a large portion of the people that said he should go back don't read his book or don't like the character.
    We need better comics

Why is this question in 2019? Of course he should, there's not even a universe for him to go back to and even if it was they'd just blow it up again. Let him stay in the 616 and continue building.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I honestly don't see the point of him going back to the ultimate universe at this point

I suspect a large portion of the people that said he should go back don't read his book or don't like the character.
    For me, I'd just prefer him to be in a setting where Peter's dead to be honest.

I don't even mind the Champions stuff or when he fights Peter's rogues, I just prefer him being the only Spider-Man in his own right.