View Poll Results: What is the best direction for the Miles Morales title?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should be one of several Spider-Man in the regular Marvel Universe

34 51.52%
  • He should replace Peter Parker as Spider-Man in the regular Marvel Universe

1 1.52%
  • He should be the main Spider-Man in another reality outside the regular Marvel Universe

31 46.97%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I disagree. See the Avengers, Champions and basically, every team-up Miles has had in the main universe.
    Team-ups and superhero groups are different things. And note that very little, if anything, of what happens in the team books have an impact in his solo book. In the champions he made a literal deal with the devil, and in his solo book that has never been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I honestly don't see the point of him going back to the ultimate universe at this point

I suspect a large portion of the people that said he should go back don't read his book or don't like the character.
    The big problem “Miles fans” had with him was that he didn’t have a Rogue’s Gallery or his ““own personality””. Saladin’s already given him that in plenty and it’s been nothing but crickets from that crowd.

I think he could be in the MCU but it would be best to wait. I think part of what makes Peter/Miles compelling in the smart universe is the mentorship Peter provides Miles. In the context of the MCU, they'd be roughly the same age. So that angle doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Better him then Peter .
    I don't know what you mean by this as the same can be said about Peter.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Team-ups and superhero groups are different things. And note that very little, if anything, of what happens in the team books have an impact in his solo book. In the champions he made a literal deal with the devil, and in his solo book that has never been mentioned.
    They are still "team-ups" between characters. Miles being with the champions has had an impact on his books. As it is regularly mentioned and members of the champions have appeared in Miles books. And even then, team-ups are great as they allow Miles to interact with the many interesting characters in the Marvel universe.
    Last edited by KC; 07-10-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman