Default New Wonder Woman YA Graphic Novels

DC gave a bunch of more details on upcominc graphic novels at the 2019 ALA conference, and there are some Wonder Woman-related ones.

Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed

Written by Laurie Halse Anderson, pencils by Leila del Duca, and colours by Kelly Fitzpatrick. The cover was posted over on Twitter, but no publishing date is given that I could find. Apparently, this was first announched over a year ago.

Wonder Woman: Warbringer

An adaptation of Leigh Bardugo's novel with the same name by Louise Simonson, illustrated by Kit Seaton. Bleeding Cool has some previews of the art and some publicity images. Apparently it's scheduled for January 2020.

Diana: Princess of the Amazons

As previously announced, and still scheduled for January 2020.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

There's also one about Nubia written by L.L. McKinney and illustrated by Robyn Smith.

Thanks for the addition, Last Son of Krypton! It will be interesting how McKinney will approach Nubia and her origin, since there aren't that many stories about her, and I've been mostly unimpressed by the ones I've read.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Louise Simonson on Wonder Woman - Warbringer: Diana thinks she may just not be good enough. Among Amazons, she feels like they think she isn't a full Amazon because she was molded from clay. This story is about Diana becoming an Amazon in her own special; that's the difficult choice - choices that appear to take her farther from her goal of being an Amazon, but ends up being closer to being the woman she was destined to be - Wonder Woman.

https://www.newsarama.com/46129-sdcc...els-panel.html

Cover and panels from the book:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Louise Simonson on Wonder Woman - Warbringer: Diana thinks she may just not be good enough. Among Amazons, she feels like they think she isn't a full Amazon because she was molded from clay. This story is about Diana becoming an Amazon in her own special; that's the difficult choice - choices that appear to take her farther from her goal of being an Amazon, but ends up being closer to being the woman she was destined to be - Wonder Woman.

https://www.newsarama.com/46129-sdcc...els-panel.html

Cover and panels from the book:

“...molded from clay...” Count me in!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    “...molded from clay...” Count me in!
    Remember this is a solicitation that tell what Diana think her origin is.

It's always possible they reveal Zeus being father at the end. After all, this an origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

It's always possible they reveal Zeus being father at the end. After all, this an origin story.
    If I remember the novel, the Zeus parentage never comes up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

I bought the novel yesterday. Am enjoying it so far, but with each turn of the page I dread the possibility of what you’re suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I remember the novel, the Zeus parentage never comes up at all.

Thank you!