Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Mythology inspired character Tournament

Pretty Simple concept. This will be a Tournament featuring 8 Characters who are inspired by characters from mythology

Remember, these are no the actual mythical characters themselves. These are characters from Modern Fiction who are inspired by mythology. That's important because some of these individuals are based on the mythologies of still practiced religions.

Further note: This is a bracket style tournament. That means the winner of the first Match battles the Winner of the 2nd, and so on. Assume complete healing between each round.

There is not Bloodlust, but assume that each competitor has sufficient motivation to try their best to win

1. Wonder Woman (DC Comics) vs. Karna (Fate)

2. Thor Odinson (Marvel Comics) vs. Son Goku (Dragonball)

3. Jin Mo-Ri (God of High School) vs. Ryo Asuka (Devilman)

4. Seiya (Saint Seiya) vs. Asura (Asura’s Wrath)

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I don't really keep up with DC comics but I'm pretty sure Karna is way way lower in scale than Wonder Woman.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I don't really keep up with DC comics but I'm pretty sure Karna is way way lower in scale than Wonder Woman.
    He got a big upgrade recently through a situational power up, though I'm not entirely sure on the deets

(Also, I just wanted to put him in somewhere)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What levels are we taking for these characters? Like Asura has a lot of varying levels, as does Mo-Ri.

That said, unless I'm missing some crazy feats, I think Ryo gets utterly destroyed by Jin Mo-Ri.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What levels are we taking for these characters? Like Asura has a lot of varying levels, as does Mo-Ri.

That said, unless I'm missing some crazy feats, I think Ryo gets utterly destroyed by Jin Mo-Ri.
    I summe it would be the most curent versions of each character. So Whatever Jin's got now.

Okay, so Asura is in his end-game Destructor form which means he's like... the size of planet. I don't know Seiya's limits beyond him being absurdly faster than light so he might be able to blitz.

Currently Jin Mo-Ri hasn't shown the epic levels of his ragnarok self but he's been holding back explicitly for pretty much the whole story since the timeskip and he has Yeoui. That should give him the win over Devilman.

Is this current DBS Goku? As in "I am a legit threat to the stability of the universe when I go off," Goku? Because I think that's firmly out of Thor's league.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, so Asura is in his end-game Destructor form which means he's like... the size of planet. I don't know Seiya's limits beyond him being absurdly faster than light so he might be able to blitz.

Currently Jin Mo-Ri hasn't shown the epic levels of his ragnarok self but he's been holding back explicitly for pretty much the whole story since the timeskip and he has Yeoui. That should give him the win over Devilman.

Is this current DBS Goku? As in "I am a legit threat to the stability of the universe when I go off," Goku? Because I think that's firmly out of Thor's league.
    1. Does Asura end his story as the Destructor? I figured he'd start at normal size and have to amp up
    2. I've always interpreted Goku's universe threatening feats as being less a result of pure power, and more of a technobabble kind of think caused by fighting someone else with God Ki.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. Does Asura end his story as the Destructor? I figured he'd start at normal size and have to amp up
    I mean, it's your rumble. If you want to put combatants into less than optimal states and force them to power up then that's your lookout.

If that is the case then Seiya blitzes him with impunity before he can become too durable to hurt.

2. I've always interpreted Goku's universe threatening feats as being less a result of pure power, and more of a technobabble kind of think caused by fighting someone else with God Ki.
    I don't really go in for DBS debates but this sounds a lot like your conjecture versus things that were shown to be things people in the show could do.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, it's your rumble. If you want to put combatants into less than optimal states and force them to power up then that's your lookout.

If that is the case then Seiya blitzes him with impunity before he can become too durable to hurt.

I don't really go in for DBS debates but this sounds a lot like your conjecture versus things that were shown to be things people in the show could do.
    1. I want to be accurate to what would happen, not give anyone an unfair advantage.
    2. I would point to the many cases wherein people of similar power level clashed without causing such effects.

1. I want to be accurate to what would happen, not give anyone an unfair advantage.
    Well, one of these people is capable of moving at like... many times FTL and while the other person can become so huge and difficult to hurt that he could conceivably survive and just AoE his way to victory he's not going to get the chance before being blitzed into pieces unless you allow Asura to start in his Destructor Form.

It's kind of hard not to give either person an advantage here. Seiya has more readily available powers in his base form than Asura.

2. I would point to the many cases wherein people of similar power level clashed without causing such effects.
    Alright, not even touching whether that's right or wrong. So how powerful is current Goku in your view?

Extraordinary Member

Well, one of these people is capable of moving at like... many times FTL and while the other person can become so huge and difficult to hurt that he could conceivably survive and just AoE his way to victory he's not going to get the chance before being blitzed into pieces unless you allow Asura to start in his Destructor Form.

It's kind of hard not to give either person an advantage here. Seiya has more readily available powers in his base form than Asura.

Alright, not even touching whether that's right or wrong. So how powerful is current Goku in your view?
    1. I said unfair advantage. Think of it this way: If Goku shows up in a rumble and it's not specified, would he be starting in Base form or in Super Saiyan God

2. Not entirely sure to be honest? Probably above Solar System level. He's definitely FTL

1. I said unfair advantage. Think of it this way: If Goku shows up in a rumble and it's not specified, would he be starting in Base form or in Super Saiyan God
    This has been debated before, usually in the context of the Human Torch - should he have to "Flame on," at the bell? I believe standard rules is that combatants will be in their default combat-ready state.

In the case of characters who have multiple combat ready forms, I generally defer to the OP's parameters for the Rumble.

I think the difference for Asura is much more pronounced than Goku. Asura in his base form is like... city wrecking at best. In his more powerful forms he's suddenly nuking planetary sized constructs all the way up to being physically larger than a planet and tanking having suns thrown at him.

There's a lot of scope for variance in his performance.

It's a shame Hazard isn't around so much any more, he knew a lot about Saint Seiya. I know Seiya is way faster than light so he should be able to blitz pretty easy, I just don't know his latter series offensive power myself.

2. Not entirely sure to be honest? Probably above Solar System level. He's definitely FTL
    Which should leave him comfortably above Thor either way.

Overall, I think this comes to Seiya versus Goku. No one else in this fight is really in their speed bracket.

Extraordinary Member

This has been debated before, usually in the context of the Human Torch - should he have to "Flame on," at the bell? I believe standard rules is that combatants will be in their default combat-ready state.

In the case of characters who have multiple combat ready forms, I generally defer to the OP's parameters for the Rumble.

I think the difference for Asura is much more pronounced than Goku. Asura in his base form is like... city wrecking at best. In his more powerful forms he's suddenly nuking planetary sized constructs all the way up to being physically larger than a planet and tanking having suns thrown at him.

There's a lot of scope for variance in his performance.

It's a shame Hazard isn't around so much any more, he knew a lot about Saint Seiya. I know Seiya is way faster than light so he should be able to blitz pretty easy, I just don't know his latter series offensive power myself.

Which should leave him comfortably above Thor either way.

Overall, I think this comes to Seiya versus Goku. No one else in this fight is really in their speed bracket.
    1. I'll allow Asura to start in destructor form, but for fairness Saiya will also be in his strongest form at the start as well.

2. I'm not so sure. Wonder Woman has had some pretty bonkers speed feats.

1. I'll allow Asura to start in destructor form, but for fairness Saiya will also be in his strongest form at the start as well.
    Cool, okay this reaches the ends of my knowledge for Saint Seiya. I don't know if Seiya has the level of destructive power to hurt Asura in Destructor form. I mean, quite apart from anything he's going to have to realise that the apparently endless sheer wall of blackened nigh-unbreakable biometal is one of Asura's toes and is actually his opponent.

I think... someone in Saint Seiya had a feat of shatter multiple planets with an attack. I recall seeing a scan but I don't know who it was. I also think there's some esoteric **** in there.

I'll happily defer to someone who knows more about Saint Seiya than me.

2. I'm not so sure. Wonder Woman has had some pretty bonkers speed feats.
    Current Wondy? What's she got that's close?

Post Crisis Wondy had what... being part of the team that was monitoring White Martians at multiple places around the planet... whatever that deflecting the pieces of the shattered chaos god to protect Zeus... thing... I know stuff... she's managed to hang with non-serious Flashes in various capacities but I don't think she's got anything to confirm her as FTL. Certainly not on the level of Seiya "I dash across like an entire galaxy," or what have you. Also not on the level of "I'm faster than time now," that Goku busted out.

Extraordinary Member

Cool, okay this reaches the ends of my knowledge for Saint Seiya. I don't know if Seiya has the level of destructive power to hurt Asura in Destructor form. I mean, quite apart from anything he's going to have to realise that the apparently endless sheer wall of blackened nigh-unbreakable biometal is one of Asura's toes and is actually his opponent.

I think... someone in Saint Seiya had a feat of shatter multiple planets with an attack. I recall seeing a scan but I don't know who it was. I also think there's some esoteric **** in there.

I'll happily defer to someone who knows more about Saint Seiya than me.

Current Wondy? What's she got that's close?

Post Crisis Wondy had what... being part of the team that was monitoring White Martians at multiple places around the planet... whatever that deflecting the pieces of the shattered chaos god to protect Zeus... thing... I know stuff... she's managed to hang with non-serious Flashes in various capacities but I don't think she's got anything to confirm her as FTL. Certainly not on the level of Seiya "I dash across like an entire galaxy," or what have you. Also not on the level of "I'm faster than time now," that Goku busted out.
    1. I was under the impression with Rebirth Wondie had access to the Post Crisis Wondie feats
    2. Technically speaking, being faster than time only requires one to be FTL. Additionally, the Time Stop that Goku busted out of was based on dimensional shenaniganry, so it might have been a power feat rather that a speed feat