Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Strikeforce or Agents of Wakanda??

Out of the two recently announced team books which one of them are you more interested in and likey to pick up? I suppose you could pick up both ( or neither for that matter) but i just wanted to try and see which one appears to be more interesting.

For me it's Strikeforce because #1 Outside of Wiccan i like the roster more than AOW and #2 it seems like it will be exploring the more supernatural corners of Marvel which is something we don't see enough of imho. Also for me the more interesting characters announced for AOW (fat cobra, morbius, man wolf, etc) will probably not be receiving as much panel time as the core cast so that's a minus in my book.

(Obligatory complaint about New Avengers not existing)

I am more interested to see AoW because I am more interested in a team book from Medina than a team book from Peralta.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Definitely getting both. But if I absolutely had to get only one, it'd be AoW because of the creative team (anything Zub writes, I enjoy) and I've been hoping this team would get a spin-off since they were introduced in Avengers. But Strikeforce looks really, really cool.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm going with Strikeforce primarily because of Monica Rambeau. But in terms of rosters, neither team book does it for me in every aspect. Agents of Wakanda looks to have the better artist, but Gorilla Grodd (sorry, that's who reminds me of), Ka-Zar, American Eagle, Okoye, Fat Cobra, Man-Wolf, et al, do not interest me in the least bit as a team. Cheers to the fans of those characters, though. I know some have waited a long time to see their favs in action with a great creative team.

As for Strikeforce, yes, I'm in, but it will be on a short leash. If the art doesn't cut it, I'm out after issue 1. If the art is ok, but the story doesn't thrill me, I'm out after issue 3.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I plan to get both, but the one I am more excited for is STRIKEFORCE due to Spectrum and Wiccan.

I'm getting both and I am most looking forward to Strikeforce but only for Monica. Honestly I don't think it will make it to issue 12 but I will support my lady as long as possible.

Strikeforce has the more interesting lineup and premise to me. Agents of Wakanda. I dunno, I just don't really get it. And it just seems weird that the Agents of Wakanda... only have two Wakandans on the team. I get that there aren't many Wakandan characters outside of T'challa that can carry a book, but...

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    For me it's Strikeforce because #1 Outside of Wiccan i like the roster more than AOW and #2 it seems like it will be exploring the more supernatural corners of Marvel which is something we don't see enough of imho. Also for me the more interesting characters announced for AOW (fat cobra, morbius, man wolf, etc) will probably not be receiving as much panel time as the core cast so that's a minus in my book.
    Same here. My interest in AoW will depend on how much American Eagle and Dr Nemesis are relevant in the comics.
    So far, I'm leaning toward Strikeforce.

None of the rosters make me go "shut up and take my money", but I'm happy that there are two more teams with unconventional line-ups.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

for me I'd have to say AoW as it will interlink (I would hope) with the Avengers book whereas Strikeforce seems somewhat more stand alone

both will hopefully last at least two years. But in today's publishing culture... Might end after the first arc..

The line up and the dark mission statement of Strikeforce has me.

In the past few years I've grown increasingly intrigued by Monica, Jess, and Blade.
    I've never had strong interest in the Winter Soldier or Hellstrom but I've got long standing adoration for Billy and Angela.

I've got high hopes.
    That being said, I'm checking both out, but I've got a bias toward SF.

Strikeforce for me. Damien Hellstrom.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Strikeforce for me. I was intrigued before, but Jessica Drew on the team sealed the deal for me.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I like the characters on Strike Force better.

But it's sort of hard to get a good idea of which book will be more interesting until you get an idea of what the premise will be. And Agents of Wakanda might have a slight edge as far as me checking buying it and sticking around since it likely will tie into Aarons Avengers, which I am already reading.

But I'm rooting for both. I'm a bit scared theres not room on the shelves for 2 new team books, but ya never know.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Strikeforce cuz it feels like a Defenders book. Agents of Wakanda still has a chance just like how The Ultimates and Uncanny Avengers were better than the main Avengers book.
    "Cable was right!"