Thread: Fantasy Comics?

Default Fantasy Comics?

I am a huge fan of Dnd and movies like Lord of the Rings. I wanted to ask if there are any fantasy comics out there that are worth reading? Thanks in advance for all your help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Dynamite produces a generally well-regarded Red Sonja comic (or, rather, a range of titles, as there is one main series and usually a variety of minis and one-shots at any one time). Dark Horse held the rights to Conan until 2016 and produced a number of very well-regarded books, all of which have been collected in trade paperback. Marvel currently has the Conan rights is (I believe) currently producing a Conan book (I haven't read it so no idea of the quality).

Rat Queens is a book from Image about for foul-mouthed adventurers in a fantasy world that has received a lot of critical acclaim.

Personally I would strongly recommend tracking down the collected edition of Tellos for a fun, light hearted fantasy romp that might end breaking your heart.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

DIE from Kieron Gillen, Stephanie Hans, and Clayton Cowles is a fantastic read. It's only five issues in, but imagine the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon mixed with Jumanji, and It. There's also a promotional free tabletop RPG system created as a tie-in if you're into that.

I'll also echo Rat Queens, at least for the first series as well as the officially licensed DnD/Pathfinder comics from IDW/Darkhorse. They're surprisingly fun, and consistent.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

Buscema's Conan in Conan the Barbarian and Savage Sword are the best I've read.
    The Adventurers from Aircel/Adventure/Malibu were a fun read.
    CrossGen's Meridian, Mystic, Scion and Sojourn

I’ve loved Birthright by Joshua Williamson and Andrei Bressan.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member

There's Lookouts from the creators of the Penny Arcade web-comic. It's about a Boy Scout type of group
    in a Fantasy World.

I'd also recommend Tellos and Rat Queens as well.