Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I don't understand why people get hung up on the timeline thing, Magneto survived the holocaust, cant we just pretend Marvel years are shorter or something? It's comics.

if they retconned the holocaust from his life that would be really dumb...
    They already fixed that once anyway, back in the 80's they had Magneto reverted to a baby and then later restored to his late 30's or 40's. It was definitely an age reset and they can easily do that again. Heck they could even say since he was tampered with his aging has been slowed. Then you have the High Evolutionary doing experiments on Magneto to restore his full mutant abilities after Decimation. That could have also impacted his age and made him younger.

Haha, it's comics, weird stuff happens all the time. Rachel died 8 or 9 times when she was fighting Apocalypse's Acolytes in the Askani timeline. When she realized she could survive getting killed because of the Phoenix force she just started taking insane risks to defeat the Acolytes and died multiple times in the course of leading the resistance in her early Askani years.

I can't wait for Gambit to cheat on Rogue.
    Come on JDW, you know you want to do it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I really hope Marvel doesn't forget or erase Magneto's relationship with Wanda and Pietro. I think it is a beautiful and compelling connection that enriches everybody involved.

Also someone should have asked about what is his real name now. I have been calling him Erik since I started but for many other people he is Magnus or Max. It would have been nice to know what is Jordan's stand on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Never. The DP films have made him more known & popular. So he's back to the front lines. He'll be like what Mystique has been over the last decade+.

I'm also neutral, and we know it's not happening soon. I just never agreed with hating it based on age difference if you're ok with Wolverine & Mystique with ANYONE. lol And again, Shiklah being an ancient Succubus who was probably over 300 years DP's senior and had a severe power imbalance in the relationship.
    To be fair, Shiklah isn't even the oldest being Deadpool's been in a relationship with. So he had a track record going in.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

JDW when he gets CBR to agree with him on a ship

nobody asked about briar society is on the brink of collapse
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Almost none of these historic references matter anymore, they can all go. Magneto surviving the holocaust only matters to the most hardcore fans, and by that I mean writers just do whatever they want with these characters as they see fit anyway. Any significance in Magneto's, or any character's, past is purely in the minds of those who hold on to such trivia. While I am sure someone knows, when was the last time this tidbit was ever mentioned or relevant? If they never brought it up again, it would change nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    I can't wait for Gambit to cheat on Rogue.
    Come on JDW, you know you want to do it.
    Bwahahahaha I love Rogue so much that I'm secretly cheering for that to happen LOL

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Bwahahahaha I love Rogue so much that I'm secretly cheering for that to happen LOL
    It only takes one writer to destroy a story-line. But cheating is questionable. Given some of Hickman's comments (that may or may not be in slight jest), he claims he did a pitch for a mutant orgy. ROMY could join the realm of swingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It only takes one writer to destroy a story-line. But cheating is questionable. Given some of Hickman's comments (that may or may not be in slight jest), he claims he did a pitch for a mutant orgy. ROMY could join the realm of swingers.
    Bwahahah you hear that...CBR community just exploded

magneto without the holocaust is an actual boneless pizza, it's like don draper without korea, it's like if spider-man got nibbled by a mongoose, it's like if avengers characters had the backstories of x-men characters

it's not right
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Also someone should have asked about what is his real name now. I have been calling him Erik since I started but for many other people he is Magnus or Max. It would have been nice to know what is Jordan's stand on it.
    I prefer Erik.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    I prefer Erik.
    Thank you for your answer Mr. White.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really hope Marvel doesn't forget or erase Magneto's relationship with Wanda and Pietro. I think it is a beautiful and compelling connection that enriches everybody involved.

Since Magneto stopped being the father of both, Wanda went from being a self-hating mutant to being a simple human who hates mutants. Things like House of M take a more sinister subtext since the retcon.

For as much **** we give Jordan, I’m glad he doesn’t feel like an absentee father.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    To be fair, Shiklah isn't even the oldest being Deadpool's been in a relationship with. So he had a track record going in.
    Plus the rules seem to be different for immortal characters - otherwise romance arcs are permanently off the table for them.
    Dark does not mean deep.