Default Anybody bought anything in Superman comiXology sale?

My reaction when I saw latest DC sale was “Super-centric” rather than “Bat-centric” was “thank goodness, makes a change”.

Last day, so just about to fortify myself with a coffee and buy a few items. I’ll report what later...but won’t be much, got stacks of unread comics on comiXology app already.

Astonishing Member

Lois Lane 75th anniversary. It was a bargain.

I got Supergirl by Peter David vol 4.

I have all the other books already that I wanted due to cancelling the Superbooks with the coming of Bendis (will still get Adventures of the Super Sons when they go on sale). I am hoping DC will get more Superman GA and Worlds Finest SA trade paperbacks out to catch up to where the Omnbus line is. They also need to do the post Byrne/post Crisis collections that turned into an omni so I can buy them digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Lois Lane 75th anniversary. It was a bargain.
    I was tempted by that...and by the John Bryne run of trades...would have bought them if in a slightly different mood, or short of stuff to read.

But gone for just a few one off issues that particularly interest me:-

Action Comics 554
    Action Comics annual 12
    Superman 199 (Race between the great man and Flash. Back in the days when Superman actually was fast...)
    Superman 233 to 242, excluding 239...the Kryptonite Nevermore storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I got Supergirl by Peter David vol 4.

I have all the other books already that I wanted due to cancelling the Superbooks with the coming of Bendis (will still get Adventures of the Super Sons when they go on sale). I am hoping DC will get more Superman GA and Worlds Finest SA trade paperbacks out to catch up to where the Omnbus line is. They also need to do the post Byrne/post Crisis collections that turned into an omni so I can buy them digitally.
    That Peter David Supergirl run is excellent...I particularly enjoyed the end of the run...although one aspect of the ending annoyed me mightily. (Perversely, when I get really annoyed with some aspects of a comic, its usually part of a run I like a lot.)

Got Kryptonite by Sale, looking forward to reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Got Kryptonite by Sale, looking forward to reading it.
    One I chanced on in library about a year ago. Apart from anything else the foreword by Darwyn Cooke is really interesting..I must admit I usually skim those, but remember reading that carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    That Peter David Supergirl run is excellent...I particularly enjoyed the end of the run...although one aspect of the ending annoyed me mightily. (Perversely, when I get really annoyed with some aspects of a comic, its usually part of a run I like a lot.)
    I agree. Peter David always has nice character development. I don't feel like it's my Supergirl really but it's fun to read for the first time. It will take a bit to get to reading because I'm in the middle of Batman and the Outsiders Vol 1 by Barr and Aparo and Punisher Epic Vol 2. Really looking forward to it though.

I snagged the first 3 "fat tpb" volumes of the 2005 Supergirl series, and Superman: Doomed. I already own Doomed in print, but I figured 500 pages for $5 is a great thing to have on my Kindle the next time I'm stuck on a plane. I pretty much own everything else in the sale through print, so I didn't want to double dip (except, again, for Doomed).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."