Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Create Your Own Fantastic Four

Here's the only catch: The members that you choose for your roster must have on their resume a solo title or series that lasted at least 6 issues. I realize that's going to eliminate much of the field, but that still leaves quite a few popular choices. In addition to putting together a team, let me know who will lead it and what type of stories you'd like to see featured. Good luck and have fun!
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

This sucks.

Everything I come up with is messy and directionless. It's one thing to build a roster of capable semi-superstars, but to give them a continued reason to work together is a PITA.

Boisterously Confused

• Black Panther
    • Black Widow
    • Doctor Voodoo
    • Doc Samson

Thru their individual national security connections, Black Widow, and Doc Samson independently become aware of an international military/industrial cabal attempting to weaponize both technological and mystical phenomena to corner the market on a new form of metaphysical war. The pair meet when each seeks to consult Doctor Drumm about some of the mystical aspects of the cabal, and he joins them as they attempt to trace the cabal's agents. In doing so, they encounter T'Challa, who is investigating an attempt to raid one of Wakanda's advanced laboratories.

Realizing what they're up against, Black Panther funds a series of expeditions in hopes of interdicting the cabal's investigations, or at the least of developing counter measures. This leads them to many an odd adventure in realms otherworldly and industrial, and stories ranging from espionage to arcane. All other things being equal, Black Panther tends to have the greatest influence over the group, although this is more a partnership than a team, with each member taking charge of adventures to which their skills are best suited.

I don't think Doc Samson had a series that lasted six issues. I like him as a choice, but his minis were 4 issues and 5 issues, as far as I can see. Doctor Voodoo has the same issue (though again, I like him as a choice). It's really difficult to find underexposed characters that fit the bill.

1. Dark Angel – Marvel UK character
    2. Thanos
    3. Crystar – okay so the Saga of Crystar, Crystal Warrior was maybe more of an ensemble affair, but his name was the title so...
    4. Godzilla

Okay, so maybe I just tried to pick four characters nobody else would expect to show up here. Maybe.

I feel like while Crystal hasn't had a solo she did lead a team for a book that lasted 12 issues so that's totally a series XD

Crystal
    She Hulk
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Daredevil
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Trying not to fill it entirely with Spider-Man characters, but how about this:

Silk
    Jubilee
    Ulysses Solomon Archer (U.S. 1)
    The Human Fly (Rick Rojatt)

I figure it'll be one cross-country road trip after another, solving problems in small towns with the occasional epic stunt in the American South-West.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

1. Loki

2. Daimon Hellstrom

3. The Hood

4. Black Ant

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I don't think Doc Samson had a series that lasted six issues. I like him as a choice, but his minis were 4 issues and 5 issues, as far as I can see. Doctor Voodoo has the same issue (though again, I like him as a choice). It's really difficult to find underexposed characters that fit the bill.
    The title/issue requirement definitely makes it much more difficult for some characters to make the cut, but it's not impossible. In fact, there was a version of the FF with Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider that fits the criteria. It's tough to find the right parts, but totally doable. I'm more interested in seeing how they make the team dynamic work with their chosen roster than anything.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Scott Lang
    Spider Man
    Mocking Bird
    Blue Marvel

All Scientists but never considered among the elite. Make for a great team of explorers

The Human Torch

The Sub-Mariner

Captain America

Black Panther
    Batman - Daredevil

I got it!

Someone has stolen the Ultimate Nullifier. The Devourer of Worlds summons four individuals to discover its whereabouts before the rest of the universe learns the Galactus' greatest weapon is missing.

Norrin Radd, the Silver Surfer, Galactus' first and greatest herald, is their leader. He is given 3 more Galactic Glazes and the list whom to bestow them.

Aldrif Odinsdottir, Angela, Asgardian, Huntress of Heven, and Guardian of the Galaxy is given the copper glaze and a new lance made from the same material as the Nullifier.

Eddie Brock, Venom, another Guardian of the Galaxy and human host of a Klyntar, is given the black glaze which mixes violently with the symbiote but enhances its firepower.

Lastly, Raven Darkholme, Mystique, X-Man and assassin, is given the cobalt glaze with the additional mutation to absorb the memories of those she touches.

The Galactic Four is on a 12 issue mission to scour the universe for the whereabouts of the Nullifier and return it before the thief learns their intention, and the various empires exploit the power vacuum. Eddie is out of his element, despite the Venom symbiote being used to being in space. Raven refuses to acknowledge how out of her element she is, but she compensates by seducing both Eddie and Angela. Neither are interested. Norrin's Power Cosmic is quartered when the others became his responsibility, and their pain is experienced by him. Mystique's tertiary mutation is similar to her daughters' causing angst. Angela enjoys being in space and her new lance, but hates this mission. Norrin befriends Eddie fast, and their friendship is the glue that unites the rest.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-24-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I thought that I might get away with mixing and matching series. My original thought was to use Goliath Foster, but aside from being dead, his one series never got that far. That being the case, I'd subout Doc with She Hulk.

Dr. Strange - Leader
    Nova (Richard Rider)
    Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)
    Beta Ray Bill

This Fantastic Four has to deal with the very active Negative Zone. The zone's 'residents' have either been coming to Earth, or pulling whole towns into the zone with them.

Jessica Jones - leader
    Arana (Anya Corazon)
    Agent Venom (Flash Thompson)
    Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099)

Spidey needs all the help & support he can get, and this team is ready to lend a hand whenever & wherever they're needed.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-29-2019 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Forgot the "6-issue rule".