Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Deal!
    I’ll work on Marvel, you get w. Sony…let’s get this done!
    Pssst! Get Marvel to undo OMD while you are at it! Also...MORE SLINGERS!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

^^^Deal!
    I’ll work on Marvel, you get w. Sony…let’s get this done!
    Let's shake on it ....
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Pssst! Get Marvel to undo OMD while you are at it! Also...MORE SLINGERS!
    It's on the list. 5th from the top.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Thunderbird
    Warpath
    Mockingbird
    Dr. Voodoo

That's my best
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Thunderbird
    Warpath
    Mockingbird
    Dr. Voodoo

That's my best
    Good picks.

When the threat is bigger than you can possibly imagine…The Cosmic Quartet

• Reed Richards w. The Watcher’s powers
    • Uni Power Sue Richards
    • Johnny Storm Herald of Galactus
    • The Infinity Thing

DR. NEMESIS
    Is super smart.

CECILIA REYES
    Is really smart.

MATCH
    Is a smartass.

THUNDERBIRD
    Hates smartasses.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Un-Four-Given
    (Eligibility? Not much. You just need "u+n" somewhere in your name and you're in!)

Blue Squad

Punisher
    Thunderstrike
    Munchkin
    Sunfire

White Squad

Valkyrie (Brunnhilde)
    Rune
    Captain Universe
    Union Jack
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The Un-Four-Given
    (Eligibility? Not much. You just need "u+n" somewhere in your name and you're in!)

Blue Squad

Punisher
    Thunderstrike
    Munchkin
    Sunfire

White Squad

Valkyrie (Brunnhilde)
    Rune
    Captain Universe
    Union Jack
    I’d be unlikely to buy that
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I have been thinking this over since they announced "THE TERRIFICS!" over in D.C.

Here's my team for exploring and "trying to understand magic"

I feel like these are people who really NEED to understand it because it may be a better guide to what they have going on in their history and
    some more face time. They also fit thematically (or could) the ff's looks and aesthetic.

Ian Mcnee - aka The Norn (our Mr. Fantastic) http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ian_McNee_(Earth-616) - who was "Almost the sorcerer supreme" and who starts off as the team leader and impetus for the team existing .
    So he's the brains and prefers to fight using "Simularicra" of himself that he grows from mushrooms. He can also visually fly and shoot lasers and make concoctions that do all kinds of things. Ian is kind of a neurotic high energy type guy and you give the impression that he's a Vsauce type but with magic instead of science and he recruits...

Juggernaut - Thing- Juggernaut needs to come to terms with what it means to be bonded with an extra-dimensional being how much its affected his life and is not happy. Problem being he's not sure how he can even get "happy ending" or deserves it. (Alternatives? A. Bloodstrike from the folding circle, who is visually good mystical, and no one is writing him or B. Gilgamesh the forgotten one, who needs a little love and we can use any of these guys because they sit in the same general realm)

Cloak - Who stutters and doesn't speak (except telepathically) and thus can't really use magic well but Ians Idea is too use cloaks mastery over darkforce/access to the shadow realm as a place to store magical artifacts that either
    A. Cloak can use
    B. Can be mass produced to help the world.
    or
    C. need to be kept out of the wrong hands (come to find out Cloaks hands might be the wrong ones too). He's been given an artifact that keeps him from needing dagger, and the dynamic change strains them. Also there's something in the dark that he's discovered, and it scares him. Making him take his heroing much more responsible.
    He gets to use both more of his superstrength and his incorporeality i.e. he can stretch (I mean he's a living shadow sometimes so no biggie.)

Dagger equivalent (Invisible Girl)- who has inherited a large amount of wealth, and has recently become more powerful way more (the reason that Ian became aware of them to begin with).
    She create weapons out of her light. Armor. Spears. Shields, Chainsaw greatswords, machine guns... she really starts to get lost in combat and going mad, really wolverine/Ares battlefield brutality stuff.
    The in-betweener is behind most of it but she keeps the powers after arc 1.

Arc 1: "Popularize magic. Make Cellphones.": The In-Betweener! Cloak and Dagger!

A positive and negative charge is how you make a battery, and thats why the in-betweener seeded those powers on earth long ago.
    Ian Mcnee however has other plans. One of his main things is getting "Ordinary Magic" into more peoples hands. The more people who are not afraid of mysticism
    the greater the chance its not stigmatized. So he wants dagger's fortune to invest in the greatest cellphones of all time (as wizards have had crystal balls for years).
    They start to question are they magical or cosmic but The Norn starts teaching "practicality over everything".

Arc 2: "Mr.Marko Goes to hell":
    I have a long scene in mind where Cain Marko (not as juggs) is having a dream where he's walks up to people in a line with a ticket and a pack of papers that says "grievance" on it and says to the guy in front of him "Hey I really need to get this answered" Robbie Reyes turns to him and says "Yeah, well get in line pal". Cain Looks at the other people in the line and its Clearly Damian Helstrom, Werewolf by night, Ghost riders... other mystic heroes/villans" all in some eternal hellscape overlooked by horrors and demons. He wakes up screaming.

Juggernaut did agree to work temporarily for Ian in arc 1, but now goes to him for help as a friend... Ghost rider makes an appearance at some point and says he's had the same dream but that he doesn't need or want a hug from Juggernaut.
    Dagger asks him to join but he says juggs isn't a good guy and that might not be an excellent fit for the rider. Big Bad Guy? They think its "Nightmare" and Confront Trauma (Terrance Ward) about it and they find that jugg hasn't been dreaming but is having waking delusions. They find out a lot of whats going on is Phobos son of ares.
    This incarnation of him is maturing and on earth and the supernaturally possessed people feel most intently but he's a 15 year old and they can't do anything to a rogue Olympian on earth. Uncle herc is more than willing however to lend a hand.

So fight Cosmic guy... fight horror guys... travel to realms of the gods... save a few of the mystic super-skrulls left from secret invasion, "sell cellphones, and life time batteries" THUS getting into trouble with Doom who is the leader in techno-wizardy on earth... PLUS they may be breaking the Arcan Geneva Conventions doing so, get in trouble with wakanda because Cain Marko helps Klaw move a shipment in exchange for an item Ian wants... Epic fight between the Dagger calling herself the horseman of(Conquest) vs Black Panther.... in a drastic heel turn. ..
    ...and find out those-who-sit-above-in-shadow locked the "True Fenrir" away in Cloaks dark dimension. Figure out a way to see the entire multiverse begin developed...fight off extradimensional and multiversal invaders.

All in a days work for the Fantastic 4 *LOL but we can just call it somethin else at that point.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 08-18-2023 at 01:43 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The Un-Four-Given

Blue Squad

Punisher
    Thunderstrike
    Munchkin
    Sunfire

White Squad

Valkyrie (Brunnhilde)
    Rune
    Captain Universe
    Union Jack
    ^^^Okay, that’s pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I have been thinking this over since they announced "THE TERRIFICS!" over in D.C.

Here's my team for exploring and "trying to understand magic"

I feel like these are people who really NEED to understand it because it may be a better guide to what they have going on in their history and
    some more face time. They also fit thematically (or could) the ff's looks and aesthetic.

Ian Mcnee - aka The Norn (our Mr. Fantastic) http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ian_McNee_(Earth-616) - who was "Almost the sorcerer supreme" and who starts off as the team leader and impetus for the team existing .
    So he's the brains and prefers to fight using "Simularicra" of himself that he grows from mushrooms. He can also visually fly and shoot lasers and make concoctions that do all kinds of things. Ian is kind of a neurotic high energy type guy and you give the impression that he's a Vsauce type but with magic instead of science and he recruits...

Juggernaut - Thing- Juggernaut needs to come to terms with what it means to be bonded with an extra-dimensional being how much its affected his life and is not happy. Problem being he's not sure how he can even get "happy ending" or deserves it. (Alternatives? A. Bloodstrike from the folding circle, who is visually good mystical, and no one is writing him or B. Gilgamesh the forgotten one, who needs a little love and we can use any of these guys because they sit in the same general realm)

Cloak - Who stutters and doesn't speak (except telepathically) and thus can't really use magic well but Ians Idea is too use cloaks mastery over darkforce/access to the shadow realm as a place to store magical artifacts that either
    A. Cloak can use
    B. Can be mass produced to help the world.
    or
    C. need to be kept out of the wrong hands (come to find out Cloaks hands might be the wrong ones too). He's been given an artifact that keeps him from needing dagger, and the dynamic change strains them. Also there's something in the dark that he's discovered, and it scares him. Making him take his heroing much more responsible.
    He gets to use both more of his superstrength and his incorporeality i.e. he can stretch (I mean he's a living shadow sometimes so no biggie.)

Dagger equivalent (Invisible Girl)- who has inherited a large amount of wealth, and has recently become more powerful way more (the reason that Ian became aware of them to begin with).
    She create weapons out of her light. Armor. Spears. Shields, Chainsaw greatswords, machine guns... she really starts to get lost in combat and going mad, really wolverine/Ares battlefield brutality stuff.
    The in-betweener is behind most of it but she keeps the powers after arc 1.

Arc 1: "Popularize magic. Make Cellphones.": The In-Betweener! Cloak and Dagger!

A positive and negative charge is how you make a battery, and thats why the in-betweener seeded those powers on earth long ago.
    Ian Mcnee however has other plans. One of his main things is getting "Ordinary Magic" into more peoples hands. The more people who are not afraid of mysticism
    the greater the chance its not stigmatized. So he wants dagger's fortune to invest in the greatest cellphones of all time (as wizards have had crystal balls for years).
    They start to question are they magical or cosmic but The Norn starts teaching "practicality over everything".

Arc 2: "Mr.Marko Goes to hell":
    I have a long scene in mind where Cain Marko (not as juggs) is having a dream where he's walks up to people in a line with a ticket and a pack of papers that says "grievance" on it and says to the guy in front of him "Hey I really need to get this answered" Robbie Reyes turns to him and says "Yeah, well get in line pal". Cain Looks at the other people in the line and its Clearly Damian Helstrom, Werewolf by night, Ghost riders... other mystic heroes/villans" all in some eternal hellscape overlooked by horrors and demons. He wakes up screaming.

Juggernaut did agree to work temporarily for Ian in arc 1, but now goes to him for help as a friend... Ghost rider makes an appearance at some point and says he's had the same dream but that he doesn't need or want a hug from Juggernaut.
    Dagger asks him to join but he says juggs isn't a good guy and that might not be an excellent fit for the rider. Big Bad Guy? They think its "Nightmare" and Confront Trauma (Terrance Ward) about it and they find that jugg hasn't been dreaming but is having waking delusions. They find out a lot of whats going on is Phobos son of ares.
    This incarnation of him is maturing and on earth and the supernaturally possessed people feel most intently but he's a 15 year old and they can't do anything to a rogue Olympian on earth. Uncle herc is more than willing however to lend a hand.

So fight Cosmic guy... fight horror guys... travel to realms of the gods... save a few of the mystic super-skrulls left from secret invasion, "sell cellphones, and life time batteries" THUS getting into trouble with Doom who is the leader in techno-wizardy on earth... PLUS they may be breaking the Arcan Geneva Conventions doing so, get in trouble with wakanda because Cain Marko helps Klaw move a shipment in exchange for an item Ian wants... Epic fight between the Dagger calling herself the horseman of(Conquest) vs Black Panther.... in a drastic heel turn. ..
    ...and find out those-who-sit-above-in-shadow locked the "True Fenrir" away in Cloaks dark dimension. Figure out a way to see the entire multiverse begin developed...fight off extradimensional and multiversal invaders.

All in a days work for the Fantastic 4 *LOL but we can just call it somethin else at that point.
    I feel like Spider-Man would call them the Magic Squad.

It's a cool pitch.

A short lived WWII team that’s never officially given a name in-story, but that story’s called “The Fantastic Four”, so yeah! Thin man has a super secret mission to perform, and recruits three other heroes who’s powers and skill sets are what he needs to get the job done.

THIN MAN
    Has the pliability, AND the scientific aspect on lock. He’s got tremendous knowledge of the advanced sciences and technology of Kalahia, the lost Himalayan civilization where he got his powers.

ROCKMAN
    He may be the leader of Abyssmia, an underground civilization descended from the first colonists of North America, or, he may be completely delusional. Either way, Rockman is def. superhuman, having super strength and speed as well as a high level of invulnerability and great combat skills. Thin Man needs all that.

TORO
    The youngest of Thin Man’s recruits, Toro is a strong team player, having partnered w. The Human Torch, and been a member of The Invaders, Kid Commandos, Young Allies, and The All-Winners Squad.

GHOST GIRL
    The Scottish superheroine has a belt using technology Thin Man finds impressive. With it, she can generate a holographic "ghost" double of herself and mentally manipulate it to confuse her enemies.
    They work as a "retro four".

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like how the two ladies, Dazzler and Janet, are absolute showstoppers, used to the limelight, and the two gents are more behind-the-scenes sorts with confidence issues who would be likely to defer to their leading ladies.

Along that line;

Scott Lang / Ant-Man
    Cassie Lang / Stinger (with a dash of Stature when Bill could use some backup)
    Jocasta
    Bill Foster / Goliath
    I didn't think of that angle so good catch.

Catching up on some reading and got to thinking, w. Agents of Atlas discontinued…

…Amadeus Cho, his sister Maddy, and girlfriend Luna would make for an adventurous young FF type of team. Theres some similarities; you have the brother/sister combo ala Sue and Johnny, Luna works w. ice instead of flame, Amadeus is part Ben Grimm (the big guy) and part Reed Richards (the smart guy).

Only thing I’m drawing a blank on is a fourth member to round things out.
    None of the other AoA characters really click for me, dang it.
    Maybe Silk or Giant-man?

Super16

Tech Team:
    Reed
    Bill Foster
    Black Panther
    Lazerfist (Suarez)

Spy Team:
    Sue
    Shadowkat
    Cifer
    Ant Man

Element Team:
    Johnny
    Ice Man
    Veda
    Windshear

Thing Team:
    Ben
    Sharon
    Rockslide
    Onyxx
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume