Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Here's the only catch: The members that you choose for your roster must have on their resume a solo title or series that lasted at least 6 issues. I realize that's going to eliminate much of the field, but that still leaves quite a few popular choices. In addition to putting together a team, let me know who will lead it and what type of stories you'd like to see featured. Good luck and have fun!
    Prodigy
    Patriot
    Lila Rhodes
    Debrii

Prodigy leads the team.

And this would be inspired by a movie I saw on Hulu-whose name I just forgot but it does have an interesting twist.

This group goes undercover at a HBCU after a friend of Lila's dies during a pledge prank that gets covered up. They tryout for the sorority and frats where deaths have happened.
    The pledges fight each other in an underground fight club. Winners move on and losers-either die.
    The group finds out the two are a cover for a new attempt to create a new version of Psionex.
    Now why would I use a HBCU? There is a reason that gets revealed later on.

.... to take on FF level adventures?
    Panther
    Thor
    Capt. Marvel
    Scarlet Witch

Emma Frost
    Hercules
    Nick Fury jr
    Ms Marvel

Emma Frost finds her mental abilities waning due to a deteriorating neurological condition and must go looking for a cure. To this end she enlists three heroes to help her gain access to the technological secrets of hidden realms and alien outposts, under the pretence of saving lives; she must increasingly rely on manipulation rather than her now unstable mental powers to keep her team loyal, and to this end she flirts with both Hercules and Nick, playing them off against one another, while with Kamala she tries to ween her away from hero-worshiping Carol by presenting herself as a kind and loving mentor.

Boisterously Confused

Fantastics For Hire

• Luke Cage
    • Angela "White Tiger" Del Toro
    • Jessica Jones
    • Daniel "Iron Fist" Rand

Mr. Fantastic, et al. get a lot of calls that are out of their wheelhouse, plus they could use some in-house security and detective assets. At the same time, Heroes for Hire needs a rebrand and a more secure headquarters. In exchange for insured office space, room, and board in the new Baxter Building, the new FFH takes on security and investigation cases down on the street in the FF's name.

Fantastic Four West:

Spider-Woman
    Iceman
    Speedball
    Dazzler

I think a new FF should adhere to the current idea that they're adventurers first, superheroes second. So the trick is to find characters who, despite possibly being superheroes, can fit that niche.

With that in mind...

1. Doctor Voodoo. Team leader. The FF's adventures tend to be more science-driven than magic-driven, but they have encountered it before. Voodoo ups the ante in terms of dealing with those aspects.
    2. Skull the Slayer. Ex-soldier turned hero who wears a magic belt to give him strength and durability. Kind of the lovable lug type.
    3. Shanna the She-Devil. If Ka-Zar can run around with the Agents of Wakanda, Shanna can certainly be a member of this team. Strong kick-ass character most opponents would underestimate.
    4. Rocket Raccoon. Rocket's the "space guy" and checks a lot of boxes in terms of FF qualities, between his abilities with technology and his humorously surly nature. And he definitely sticks out from the rest.

So basically covering the same kinds of things as the FF does, albeit with a slightly more raggedy team put together. And there'd be no matching uniforms; instead, each would wear a "4" symbol somewhere on their person, from a shirt to a belt to a stick pin. They'd be operating in the outfits that suited them best (although I'd update Shanna to have a look that's more keeping with current attitudes, while maintaining the jungle aesthetic).
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 06-24-2019 at 07:09 PM.

I’m trying to keep it relatively low power/street level...

Captain America -Leader. Plus, he’s my fav so I’ll always put him in a team if I can.
    Daredevil - H2H
    Scarlet Witch - Powerhouse/Magic
    Like Cage - Powerhouse/Physical
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

* Daredevil
    * Jessica Jones
    * Luke Cage
    * Iron Fist

Oh, wait a moment...

Astonishing Member

Jean Grey
    Ironman
    Wolvie
    Hulk- They wake up in the Baxter bldg. in a world that may or may not the 616. It could be an Alternate future time line. Things may magically transformed. Everyone remembers them as the Fantastic Four. They seem to think Tony and Jean are married. Situation dire and ridiculous. They need answers. They need to help. Weirdness, surprises and hi jinks ensue.

Logan
    Spider-Woman
    Dr. Strange
    She-Hulk

Not exactly sure why, but I think personality wise that would be an interesting group who would be well prepared for pretty much any challenge thrown their way.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Doctor Doom leads it. I like his super science and magic
    Captain Marvel Carol Danvers is my Sue Storm
    Cyclops is one of my heavies, but a little beefed up so his eye beams are destructive, boosted by being Cosmicly enhanced, bitten by a radioactive Phoenix, like in AvX.
    The Hulk is the other heavy

This team is unpredictable with constant conflict between Banner and Victor, Summers and Victor, and Danvers and anybody else.

It could be space exploration, or searching for the Watchers. I also like microverse mysteries, or Beyonder problems where they raise their head gathering ISO-8 that sprung up everywhere. I’m not too sure if the Builders were Beyonder helpers, or not, but it would be interesting if the Builders were back, and what it means that Beyonders are active again.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-25-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    The Human Torch

The Sub-Mariner

Captain America

Black Panther
    They are basically the Big 4 of the Golden age in the 1940’s, but with Johnny Storm, and Panthers son. A combination of age/experience, and modern flair and brains from Johnny and T’Challa. A very interesting choice.

Spider-Man, Nova, Squirrel Girl, and Howard The Duck

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

For a Latverian Fantastic Four

Doctor Doom
    Lady Victorious
    Kristoff Vernard
    Bram Velsing, the Dreadknight (where has he been anyway?)

Genius - moon dragon
    Sassy woman of power - medusa
    The tank - sharon Ventura
    Office twink - Wiccan