Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Disregard this post...didn't read everything first.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 06-26-2019 at 04:57 PM.

FF Gama
    Hulk Banner
    She Hulk Walters
    Skar
    Brawn

FF Magic
    Doc Strange
    Wanda
    Ghost Rider
    Damien Helstrom

FF Martial Arts
    Iron Fist
    Shang Chi
    Electra
    DareDevil

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfo View Post
    umm your first list purposefully ignored the OP rules
    No, it didn't. It (wrongly) assumed the constraints would allow the six-issue limit to stretch over multiple series.

I admit the error, and offered a suitable alternative.

That's not the same thing as utterly ignoring the OP's game rules. Which is what several of the respondents have done.

Think harder and you'll see the difference.

Namor
    Wolverine
    She-Hulk
    Dr. Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    No, it didn't. It (wrongly) assumed the constraints would allow the six-issue limit to stretch over multiple series.

I admit the error, and offered a suitable alternative.

That's not the same thing as utterly ignoring the OP's game rules. Which is what several of the respondents have done.

Think harder and you'll see the difference.
    You did not admit to any error and you literally tried to game the OP's rules:

I thought that I might get away with mixing and matching series.
    And then you blame others who may have misread/misunderstood the OP? It's supposed to be a fun what-if thread, you don't need to be so rude.

BTW I thought both of the teams and ideas you put forward were pretty interesting.

Jim Hammond (AKA Marvel 1)
    Namora
    Ms. Marvel
    Man-Thing
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

easy pick:

Black Panther - obviously the "Reed" of the group
    Storm - the "Sue" matriarch of the group but I prefer her and T'Challa considered at least equal to each other
    Shuri - the young "Johnny Storm" of the group
    Brother Voodoo - this is a bit of a cheat since his mini is only 5 issues but I think his stories in Strange Tales plus all his prominent roles on other teams make up that last issue deficit. he's the "Thing", have him be more the emotional center of the group. I wanted to used Gentle from the X-Men for this slot initially.

alt. pick

Blue Marvel - he's the Patriarch of the group, he's the head, the genius and the powerhouse.

Ironheart - Riri is the matriarch but not so much in the since that she's the mommy to Marvel's daddy but more like a responsible older sister/first daughter type of role.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales - him and Nova are the "Johnny" role but Miles is the emotional core like "Ben".

Nova: Sam Alexander - Sam would play more into the fun loving wild child half of the "Johnny Storm".

*Spectrum would be a reoccurring appearance and will be more of the maternal force when she's around since she can't qualify considering she hasn't had her own solo. the more traditional "Sue" type but I tend to think of Sue as more of a housewife (but that may be due to ignorance) but Spectrum would be more of an independant working woman archetype.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Crap, I completely remembered Doctor Voodoo's series running six issues, not five. My bad. Also learned the Shanna the She-Devil seven issue limited series is an alternate universe take on the character, not the one married to Ka-Zar. So taking all of THAT into account...

1. Comet Man (6 issue limited series, 1987)
    2. Dazzler (42 issues, 1981-1986)
    3. Skull the Slayer (8 issues, 1975-1976)
    4. Shang Chi (109 issues, 1974-1983)

Dr. Doom
    Black Panther
    Namor
    Black Bolt

The All New Fantastic Force.

Sometimes a group of super people isn't enough, occasionally kings must decide what they are willing to sacrifice to keep what is theirs even if it means uneasy alliances.

This is a group that is tremendously powerful as just a quartet, but also can command armies to engage in full scale wars. So every arc would basically be a fight against the Annihilation Wave, Secret Invasion, or demonic hordes. Stuff like that.

Think Fantastic Four but more about massive conflict rather than exploration.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-27-2019 at 07:36 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

FF Red
    DD
    Jean Grey
    Black Widow
    Banshee (sean)

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Dr. Doom
    Black Panther
    Namor
    Black Bolt

Sometimes a group of super people isn't enough, occasionally kings must decide what they are willing to sacrifice to keep what is theirs even if it means uneasy alliances.

This is a group that is tremendously powerful as just a quartet, but also can command armies to engage in full scale wars. So every arc would basically be a fight against the Annihilation Wave, Secret Invasion, or demonic hordes. Stuff like that.

I'm so in.

Ultimate Member

Dr. Doom
    Black Panther
    Namor
    Black Bolt

If they should EVER not get along-who is going to mediate those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If they should EVER not get along-who is going to mediate those guys?
    They need a woman for that

Ok well here goes

Thor
    Hercules
    Loki
    Venus

And yes there actually was a Venus comic book about the deity that ran for 19 issues back in the late 1940s.

Who stands between gods and men? The Fantastic Forged. A god, demigod, and a couple of master manipulators forged into a singular purpose to protect the multi-verse from god-level threats. From deities that most of the world have forgotten even exist through mastery of arms, revelry, political intrigue, and the art of seduction.

These guys can throw down with the best of them, but they can also work cleverly behind the scenes in the godly courts where these threats abide to prevent issues from even happening in the first place. They have eyes and ears in all of the various Marvel pantheons.

But they'll never get along, it will never work out. In reality, the series would be about these four trying to agree and actually accomplish something without killing each other. Probably this comic series would run for approximately 20 issues before it all completely imploded and the characters went their separate ways.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-28-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Dr. Doom
    Black Panther
    Namor
    Black Bolt

I was thinking of the same thing since they are all at one time or another these are the key Monarchs of the MU. Since they've all been dieties or one kind or another maybe they could be God Squad.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-29-2019 at 08:45 AM.