Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Fill in FF characters who posed or took on another id

Superior Spiderman
    US Agent
    War Machine
    Iron Fist
    Last edited by pageturner; 07-03-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Everything I come up with is messy and directionless.
    I mean this is comics. No reason to strain yourself.

X-League Member

Default The Four Without Fear

I was both encouraged and discouraged that the thread creator disqualified Doc Samson, and then chose him for his squad later, cuz he's essential the dynamic of mine

Origin:

• Daredevil has uncovered a new threat, but he is severely outmatched, and requires teammates much more powerful than he is used to working with

• Storm & Jubilee are exhausted by the geopolitics of the X-World and their other recent ventures, and are looking to start fresh with a new sense of purpose, that isn't solely mutant-focused, but can still look out for mutant interests

• Doc Samson has finally given up trying to support Banner (who always seems to get him killed) and wants to make a name for himself free of Hulk's shadow

What they each bring to the table to enhance the others:

• Storm's decades of leadership put's her in charge when it comes to teamwork and operating as a cohesive unit with teammates that have very different abilities, something Samson and DD have much less experience with. Her altruism will guide the team morally. Her wealth will also allow her to help bankroll the team, and oh yeah she can control the weather.

• Daredevil's deductive reasoning and experience with the underworld will lead him to seek out the problems that will end up being the team's grimier missions. His vast martial arts experience will also play a huge role in training/enhancing his other teammates (particularly Doc Samson, someone who is supposed to be as strong as the Hulk and still constantly loses fights due to inexperience). DD also handles everyone's legal matters, and his Catholic guilt won't allow him to disappoint them.

• Doc Samson has the most to prove, as the hero life always took a backseat to psychiatry and gamma research, but with training from Storm & DD, he can become one of the strongest, most skilled bricks in the Marvel Universe. Doc also handles everyone's medical/psychological matters, and his Jewish guilt won't allow him to disappoint them.

• Jubilee has the most potential out of the group. Emma Frost once said that Jubilee's "fireworks" have the potential to detonate matter at a sub-atomic level. The diversity of minds that is Storm (who knows her very well), DD, & Samson may be the perfect blend of guiding perspectives that allow her to reach that potential from within. Jubes is also pretty much a peerless team player and her attitude fits perfectly
    Last edited by Quick_Freeze; 06-27-2020 at 02:05 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quick_Freeze View Post

I was both encouraged and discouraged that the thread creator disqualified Doc Samson, and then chose him for his squad later, cuz he's essential the dynamic of mine

Origin:

• Daredevil has uncovered a new threat, but he is severely outmatched, and requires teammates much more powerful than he is used to working with

• Storm & Jubilee are exhausted by the geopolitics of the X-World and their other recent ventures, and are looking to start fresh with a new sense of purpose, that isn't solely mutant-focused, but can still look out for mutant interests

• Doc Samson has finally given up trying to support Banner (who always seems to get him killed) and wants to make a name for himself free of Hulk's shadow

What they each bring to the table to enhance the others:

• Storm's decades of leadership put's her in charge when it comes to teamwork and operating as a cohesive unit with teammates that have very different abilities, something Samson and DD have much less experience with. Her altruism will guide the team morally. Her wealth will also allow her to help bankroll the team, and oh yeah she can control the weather.

• Daredevil's deductive reasoning and experience with the underworld will lead him to seek out the problems that will end up being the team's grimier missions. His vast martial arts experience will also play a huge role in training/enhancing his other teammates (particularly Doc Samson, someone who is supposed to be as strong as the Hulk and still constantly loses fights due to inexperience). DD also handles everyone's legal matters, and his Catholic guilt won't allow him to disappoint them.

• Doc Samson has the most to prove, as the hero life always took a backseat to psychiatry and gamma research, but with training from Storm & DD, he can become one of the strongest, most skilled bricks in the Marvel Universe. Doc also handles everyone's medical/psychological matters, and his Jewish guilt won't allow him to disappoint them.

• Jubilee has the most potential out of the group. Emma Frost once said that Jubilee's "fireworks" have the potential to detonate matter at a sub-atomic level. The diversity of minds that is Storm (who knows her very well), DD, & Samson may be the perfect blend of guiding perspectives that allow her to reach that potential from within. Jubes is also pretty much a peerless team player and her attitude fits perfectly
    Wow, love the creativity here. I would have never thought to put these characters on the same team, but it definitely works in your write-up. Nice!!!

Astonishing Member

T’challa
    Nova- Rich Rider
    She Hulk- Classic
    Spider Woman- Jessica

THE NEFARIOUS FOUR

Count Nefaria

Whirlwind

Gray Gargoyle

Living Laser

X-League Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wow, love the creativity here. I would have never thought to put these characters on the same team, but it definitely works in your write-up. Nice!!!
    Much appreciated JP

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Thought this one would be interesting

Susan Storm - Ms. Fantastic
    King T'Challa - Black Panther
    Ororo Monroe - Storm
    Peter Parker - Spiderman

This would be an AU where the rest of the canonical F4 are villains. Reed is a mad scientist with Ben as his "igor". Then Johnny would be an unrelated villain, kind of a hot shot bank robber who is still Sue's brother.

Doom & Sue have a platonic friendship built on mutual respect for each other's immense scientific prowess.

Iceman - Bobby Drake
    Matt Murdock - Daredevil
    Johnny Storm - Human Torch
    Ororo Monroe - Storm

Definitely a weird team. But would be... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Iceman - Bobby Drake
    Matt Murdock - Daredevil
    Johnny Storm - Human Torch
    Ororo Monroe - Storm

Definitely a weird team. But would be... interesting.
    Weird and quirky works.

Ok, here is my updated iteration of the Fantastic Four. The team is based on the basic mathematical operations.

Addition
    Synch. Team lead. His ability to add not just powers, but skills and capabilities to his aura brings versatility to the team.

Power mimics are generally tricky for writers, so I'd probably follow the tried and true method of giving Synch powers that are his to keep, just like Rogue and Mimic have semi-permanent powers without needing to add other abilities. With the team spending some time with the Inhumans, it wouldn't be a stretch for Synch to pick up a power or two -- like maybe Gorgon's ability to transfer kinetic energy through punches or kicks, or Lockjaw's teleportation powers. Or both. Toss in enhanced strength, durability, speed, reflexes and reaction time, stamina, etc., from Triton. Just enough to improve Synch's survivability. Bombs detonating in his face won't be a problem this time.

Subtraction
    The Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne). Her ability to shunt mass allows her to go places that few others can. Plus, drawing the Wasp is always fun.

Multiplication
    M (Monet St. Croix). As in multiple powers that synergistically make her the perfect powerhouse.

I am projecting M in a "situationship" with Synch at first, as they're both dying to reunite, but his death scarred her so deeply that she's afraid to allow herself to be that vulnerable again. Just for a fun twist, I'd probably have M's powers go a little haywire. One night she goes to bed and psionically links up with Everett, who just so happens to be dreaming about his secret crush, the She-Hulk. Somehow Everett's powers kick in, and the image of She-Hulk and Monet merge in Everett's dream. What started out as PG13, quickly turns NC-17! The following morning Monet wakes up to find that she has transformed into a rich, mocha brown version of Jennifer Walters -- call her M-Hulk -- and she can't change back into her normal form. Shockingly enough, Synch doesn't remember the dream at all, but Monet does. She remains M-Hulk for a few issues, totally embarrasses and yet subtly signaling to Everett that she's the woman of his dreams in more ways than one.

Division
    Karnak. He sees stress points and has the power to shatter (i.e., divide) the whole into fragments. His acuity even allows him to sense fragmentations in Time. All that and he's easily one of the top martial arts masters in the game. I also wanted a philosopher on the team, not just a pure scientist, although Karnak can easily sub for that role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Ok, here is my updated iteration of the Fantastic Four. The team is based on the basic mathematical operations.

Addition
    Synch. Team lead. His ability to add not just powers, but skills and capabilities to his aura brings versatility to the team.

Power mimics are generally tricky for writers, so I'd probably follow the tried and true method of giving Synch powers that are his to keep, just like Rogue and Mimic have semi-permanent powers without needing to add other abilities. With the team spending some time with the Inhumans, it wouldn't be a stretch for Synch to pick up a power or two -- like maybe Gorgon's ability to transfer kinetic energy through punches or kicks, or Lockjaw's teleportation powers. Or both. Toss in enhanced strength, durability, speed, reflexes and reaction time, stamina, etc., from Triton. Just enough to improve Synch's survivability. Bombs detonating in his face won't be a problem this time.

Subtraction
    The Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne). Her ability to shunt mass allows her to go places that few others can. Plus, drawing the Wasp is always fun.

Multiplication
    M (Monet St. Croix). As in multiple powers that synergistically make her the perfect powerhouse.

I am projecting M in a "situationship" with Synch at first, as they're both dying to reunite, but his death scarred her so deeply that she's afraid to allow herself to be that vulnerable again. Just for a fun twist, I'd probably have M's powers go a little haywire. One night she goes to bed and psionically links up with Everett, who just so happens to be dreaming about his secret crush, the She-Hulk. Somehow Everett's powers kick in, and the image of She-Hulk and Monet merge in Everett's dream. What started out as PG13, quickly turns NC-17! The following morning Monet wakes up to find that she has transformed into a rich, mocha brown version of Jennifer Walters -- call her M-Hulk -- and she can't change back into her normal form. Shockingly enough, Synch doesn't remember the dream at all, but Monet does. She remains M-Hulk for a few issues, totally embarrasses and yet subtly signaling to Everett that she's the woman of his dreams in more ways than one.

Division
    Karnak. He sees stress points and has the power to shatter (i.e., divide) the whole into fragments. His acuity even allows him to sense fragmentations in Time. All that and he's easily one of the top martial arts masters in the game. I also wanted a philosopher on the team, not just a pure scientist, although Karnak can easily sub for that role as well.
    Awesome foursome, JudicatorPrime. The addition of both Everett & Monet are nice, especially since it brings back memories of all the rumors and subtle hints from the '90s about them being the parents of Bishop (which I think have been debunked in later years, but I'm not sure):

Astonishing Member

Doc Strange
    Antman - Hank
    Captain Marvel- Carol
    Spider- Man- Pete

BANNED

Per the original rules requiring a solo series:
    Karnak
    Falcon
    Shuri
    Mockingbird

If I had free reign to choose who I wanted, I'd go with:

Wasp (Janet van Dyne)
    Medusa (Medusalith Amaquelin)
    Minn-Erva
    Silk (Cindy Moon)

Astonishing Member

Prof Hulk
    Human Torch- Hammond.... He had a solo title wayyyy back right?
    Namor
    Jean The Teen Grey
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 07-02-2020 at 12:47 AM.