Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which characters need (or should) get a break (NOT KILLED OFF)

Characters where the narrative of their story has hit a wall

Or who aren’t a archetype that writers can twist into any shape for their story

Kitty
    Colossus
    Havok
    Psyloche
    Rachel

With the return of Scott, Logan, and Jean, i feel these major xcharactere and thier dedicated fans would benefit from a rest of atleast 24 months.

I know it would suck initially if your favorite got shelved. But you’ll get over it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They don't have to get a break, necessarily, they just need writers that want to use them better. If you want Havok so he could whine about Cyclops, Rachel so she can be mind-controlled, Kitty and Colossus to date again, or Psylocke just to be sexy ninja, then you shouldn't be writing them.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Will anyone be surprised that I am gonna say Creed. If you hate him, and like seeing him as a tool to be beaten up by everyone & their sister, then he's great.

If you're a fan, what good does he honestly offer as a villain, that his fans could / should care about? Nothing that I can think of. He exists to make other characters look good, and as much as that's happened, being better than him isn't a feat anymore. Just makes him look like a pu**y.

BleedingCool released an article for the Uncanny Preview, about him getting a raw deal and slapped around. How is that news? That's sports. If that's what passes for news, then heads-up, rain is wet. Report about him when he actually accomplishes something noteworthy. lol

But as someone once said, if a break isn't gonna happen, nor him getting treated better, fans can keep entertained by complaining. lol That's become a sport now as well.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-24-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Juggernaut gets my vote.

Honestly i just Marvel would just give all the characters they don't to use a break or have them quit INSTEAD of killing off characters. I can not ever understand the whole death and rebirth (unless your Jean or time travel then yea). Every time there is a shake up or something new someone dies. We all know the shock value isn't there anymore. Matter of fact just do what Disney do with their movies. Put them in a vault for x amount of years and then bring them back. NO death is needed. JMO

I think that they don't need to get written off, just used differently.

Take Kitty for example, there have been occasions where she has gone a bit darker as a character, AoA was a big example of that. Take her there again and make her a bit savage for a while. Her powerset makes her an amazing assassin. Have Kitty kidnapped by the Hand or something as the "heir of Ogun" and they do something to bring out that darker side in Kitty and she becomes DeathShadow. Then have dark Kitty pair up with Mystique which is completely strange and weird. I really want Kitty to be one of the next Horseman of Apocalypse and I want her to be frighteningly deadly. I want people to be scared to face her because she is so dangerous to fight. Fighting someone who can pull your heart out of your chest effortlessly should scare the crap out of people.

I think traditional interpretations of characters don't necessarily have to stand.

Rachel comes back from the future in a dark place and she joins Emma or Magneto and starts to believe that the only solution to the mutant / human problem is a militant solution.

Elizabeth goes back to her spy period from years ago and starts doing missions for MI6 again. Or she joins Shield and becomes an agent. Elizabeth is a skilled hand to hand combatant and a skilled spy, she would be perfect as kind of a female 007 working for MI6 or Shield.

I am not sure what to do with Havok, he has periods where he is great, I loved him in the War of Kings out in space. Send him back there to the Starjammers again. Or have him join the Guardians of the Galaxy. He needs to get away from Scott and the X-Men so he can be written as his own character again.

Sadly Colossus I have never really liked, but since he is great in the Deadpool movies, partner Colossus with Deadpool on X-Force and see how that plays out, try a dynamic that was actually kind of funny in the movies.

Emma Frost. She already got her redemption and played hero on the X-men. That story can't go forever, especially if Scott can't carry her anymore.
    She actually hurts his character a lot, he would benefit a lot of Emma getting a long break.
    That may even help Emma become her own woman and stand for herself.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Emma Frost. She already got her redemption and played hero on the X-men. That story can't go forever, especially if Scott can't carry her anymore.
    She actually hurts his character a lot, he would benefit a lot of Emma getting a long break.
    Emma and Scott already got a long break after SW, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Emma already got a long break after SW, no thank you.
    Needs to be longer.

Generally anyone who got attention in ResurreXion. Kitty, Colossus, Xavier, Kid Omega, uhh oh I guess that’s it. I would say OML but he’s dying in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Honestly i just Marvel would just give all the characters they don't to use a break or have them quit INSTEAD of killing off characters. I can not ever understand the whole death and rebirth (unless your Jean or time travel then yea). Every time there is a shake up or something new someone dies. We all know the shock value isn't there anymore. Matter of fact just do what Disney do with their movies. Put them in a vault for x amount of years and then bring them back. NO death is needed. JMO
    I liked the Mekanix mini series because it explored Kitty, Shola Inkose, and Xi'an Coy Manh (Karma) all going to the same college and Xi'an was going to school and taking care of her baby at the same time. I liked the series. Rachel has gone to university too, when Cable rescued her from the end of time Rachel went to university to get a fresh start for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Generally anyone who got attention in ResurreXion. Kitty, Colossus, Xavier, Kid Omega, uhh oh I guess that’s it. I would say OML but he’s dying in a few months.

Awesome, you see how she can do fine without annoying other characters.
    Keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Marvel already showed that Emma can be effectively used on her own in Jessica Jones, that's why I felt that they should keep the Hellfire Club going with Emma in charge. She can bring in some other members with a more altruistic world view and form her own team and call it Hellfire or Hellfire X and just have fun with it for a while. I think Emma is a strong enough character to stand on her own and there is no need to put her in a relationship with Scott to pull that off. (Though I still think Emma and Jean were made for each other, but that's just my opinion.)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Stop using Sinister and Arcade. I'm sick of those two.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

To follow, stop using Mystique. I'm sick of her too. The fact that I have to tolerate her being glued to Creed doesn't help. That's another thing that fucked up a once-favorite character. And the fact Hickman won't let this **** die is even more infuriating.
    tumblr_prt7kuC0HJ1ssl5cvo1_1280.jpg