Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    She was also in limbo for over a year between the end of Secret Wars and DoX. Same for Cyclops.
    Rachel also only had one mini that she appeared in during that period. Kitty was out of the X-books longer than Gold’s lifespan. And while I have no love for Havok he also didn’t appear much before his Astonishing arc.

BANNED

X-23 should take a break. She keeps skulking around being Wolverine-lite, but with the real one back we don't need her robotic, emotional (while still emotionless) non-sense going on. Plus she tends to just keep dredging up more clones or ripped off Wolverine arcs. Pass.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Emma missed out on ANXM v2, EXM, Bunn-Men and CW2.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Emma missed out on ANXM v2, EXM, Bunn-Men and CW2.
    I still question what this would've been. This team alone looked better to me than anything since ResurrXion.
    Mystery X-Book.jpg
    Except for Mystique. Get rid of her, and it's golden. lol

Monet and Armor bonding would’ve been fun. Two snarky souls probably giving Emma endless **** for everything she does.

I'm kind of jumping on the Storm needs a break boat. For the last few years until a year-ish ago, she was the only one of the big four back in the books. Now Jean, Scott, and Logan are all back, or presumably will be back after HOX/POX. I think outside of her time where she was presumed dead/a kid...30 years ago, she has always been in an X-book, even if it wasn't X-Men proper like X-Treme or Uncanny X-Force, she was still present in a book. Maybe it's time to have her leave for a few years, but not be dead. her watch could end, for now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    To follow, stop using Mystique. I'm sick of her too. The fact that I have to tolerate her being glued to Creed doesn't help. That's another thing that fucked up a once-favorite character. And the fact Hickman won't let this **** die is even more infuriating.
    Attachment 83764
    Yep.. tired of her.. She is the villianous that is over used and needs to be here in doses.. I wish Frenzy, Amelia Voght, Selene, and UNUSCIONE had half the book time she has had.. And as much as I loved Mike Carey.. I still never got Iceman and her situationship

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I'm kind of jumping on the Storm needs a break boat. For the last few years until a year-ish ago, she was the only one of the big four back in the books. Now Jean, Scott, and Logan are all back, or presumably will be back after HOX/POX. I think outside of her time where she was presumed dead/a kid...30 years ago, she has always been in an X-book, even if it wasn't X-Men proper like X-Treme or Uncanny X-Force, she was still present in a book. Maybe it's time to have her leave for a few years, but not be dead. her watch could end, for now.
    Storm has been on a break as wall paper and written by writers who failed to connect with her.. Now if by break you mean she goes to be used in the greater marvel universe than we agree. But the one reason storm has always had a seat at the table because she has for the majority of her tenure been the only Black mutant or Black female mutant to be an X man and to have some type of development. Killing her would have shown how white and male the X men roster really is..

Ultimately, I think Maestroneto hit the nail on the blah blah blah. Of course overexposure doesn’t help for a consistent voice and can even damage a character because of conflicting takes on the character. But take Laura Kinney for example. People didn’t like what she was going through during the Terrigen era because there were two, drastic interpretations of the character. But after one solo and the tail end of a team book that had a pretty consistent voice, she was in Extermination which just had her act like Wolverine lite.

The solution to the problem will never be throwing a character out of the books or into the background. Unless it’s a character you just don’t like that you personally want a break from, like Arcade who I will start a petition to have brutally offed in a “.1” tie-in to an event that won’t hold any bearing in six months.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Marvel already showed that Emma can be effectively used on her own in Jessica Jones, that's why I felt that they should keep the Hellfire Club going with Emma in charge. She can bring in some other members with a more altruistic world view and form her own team and call it Hellfire or Hellfire X and just have fun with it for a while. I think Emma is a strong enough character to stand on her own and there is no need to put her in a relationship with Scott to pull that off. (Though I still think Emma and Jean were made for each other, but that's just my opinion.)
    The “Emma needs a chance to stand on her own” position has merit if you ignore all of Emma’s history up until Morrison. She had like two chances and they both worked. Also, I’m 110% behind the ****/**** ship but that’s too dangerous of an opinion to have on CBR.

Also, Emma should make Hellion and Mercury the new Red King and Bishop, respectively.

Everyone has a fave so i wouldn't bench anyone. But characters with redundant powers can be switched out for different missions.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

One of my favorite characters is Colossus and he desperately needs some time off. Send this crazy ex to rehab, please.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Will Colossus ever recover from Guggs?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

will he ever recover from being brought back

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Will Colossus ever recover from Guggs?
    Colossus was much more pathetic during the Fraction era and he recovered from that. Because first he got a good writer (although Gillen also tied his entire existence around one of the two women in his life) and then he got a fresh new direction in a satellite book.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Emma Frost, Bishop, Armor, Pixie, and Oya.