Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Stop using Sinister and Arcade. I'm sick of those two.
    This. Someone kill Arcade already.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I liked the Mekanix mini series because it explored Kitty, Shola Inkose, and Xi'an Coy Manh (Karma) all going to the same college and Xi'an was going to school and taking care of her baby at the same time. I liked the series. Rachel has gone to university too, when Cable rescued her from the end of time Rachel went to university to get a fresh start for herself.
    YES, Do something like that. There's no need to kill of characters that are not being used right now. Down the road another writer just might do them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This. Someone kill Arcade already.
    I third this comment

Arcade isn't even an X-Men villain.

he's also baby you can't touch him
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Kitty Pryde. Go away for a while, lol.

Colossus. All he's become ever since Kitty returned from space, with the exception of the short time he was the Coloss-anaut - is a creepy ex/sometimes not ex- boyfriend of Kitty, wooden characterization when he is with her and pining away cliche when he doesn't. Above anyone else, he needs a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Well his BUTT keeps getting lost over in the X-side of things. I'm sure a little wolverine w/a splash of psylocke and a twist of Deadpool take that stain out lol

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Will anyone be surprised that I am gonna say Creed. If you hate him, and like seeing him as a tool to be beaten up by everyone & their sister, then he's great.

If you're a fan, what good does he honestly offer as a villain, that his fans could / should care about? Nothing that I can think of. He exists to make other characters look good, and as much as that's happened, being better than him isn't a feat anymore. Just makes him look like a pu**y.

BleedingCool released an article for the Uncanny Preview, about him getting a raw deal and slapped around. How is that news? That's sports. If that's what passes for news, then heads-up, rain is wet. Report about him when he actually accomplishes something noteworthy. lol

But as someone once said, if a break isn't gonna happen, nor him getting treated better, fans can keep entertained by complaining. lol That's become a sport now as well.
    In my opinion, the Axis induced heel-face turn with Creed resulted in the most interesting 616 Creed we've had in decades. Yes, Marvel goes to the reforming villian well a lot. Maybe too much. In this case, I wish they hadn't undone it.

He could never have been redeemed. He probably would never be fully trusted. He'll never be nice. But to see a character keep trying (Think Angel without the brooding), would have been good. After all, the Age of Apocalypse version of Creed is fairly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

My grudge on him torturing teenagers will never heal. I’m about to call up Bishop.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

All of Creed's good guy stories were good (AoA, Exiles, Forever, UA, UXM) excluding Pak who couldn't make up his mind until he brought in Monet so he could stay. Have him bully Rand once in a while.

Give Beast a nap or to the Avengers.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    In my opinion, the Axis induced heel-face turn with Creed resulted in the most interesting 616 Creed we've had in decades. Yes, Marvel goes to the reforming villian well a lot. Maybe too much. In this case, I wish they hadn't undone it.

He could never have been redeemed. He probably would never be fully trusted. He'll never be nice. But to see a character keep trying (Think Angel without the brooding), would have been good. After all, the Age of Apocalypse version of Creed is fairly popular.
    I agree. But sadly they need villains for the X-Men, never mind that Creedi hasn't been worth a damn as a villain since Mary Shelley Overdrive. lol But hey, we need our villains, nostalgia, and someone for Wolverine to show-up on a daily basis. Give Wolverine a new, competent arch foe & let Creed graduate to something else already.

AXIS was the best thing to happen to him since Overdrive in 2003, and Bunn had some damn good plans for him that we never got to see.

I wrote about his so-called "villain debut", and it sucks, just like he has since 2003. Creed is back as a villain. Ok, lets see how that went.

1. He didn't get an X-Men Black Book. Emma, Magneto, Mystique, and even freaking Juggernaut and Mojo got one.

2. He was reintroduced in a tie-in. Didn’t even make the main book. He’s on a cover surrounded by red-shirt dogs & more fans care about Sunspot’s return here than Creed’s.

3. Scott’s Hit-list. We see the villains / antagonists who are included. It’s revealed the list is more things that need to be addressed. But in any case Sabretooth didn’t make that list. Mystique did. And again, even MOJO was there!

4. In the context of the book, Creed is working for Malekith and it’s revealed he’s a brown-nosing henchmen trying to give them a gift so he can rule his own land. STRIKE. At his age, Creed being a brown-nosing henchman is an embarrassment.

5. It didn't take him long the following chapter to get his ass beat.

6. The Exclusive Scan we got from Powers of X where he's with Mystique, AGAIN. There's numerous strikes with that.
    • Strike 1: Gives the impression he’s with Brotherhood -which again is where his character assassination started with Austen.
    • Strike 2: We can see he’s being flambeed by someone. So him as the team punching-bag to soak up damage returns.
    • Strike 3: He’s back with Mystique, whom he should want nothing to do with. But again, even Hickman won’t let this dynamic sink. This was the most infuriating.

So far, Creed's looking as pathetic as a villain as always. And we lost Bunn's good story & plans just to get this crap.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-24-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Colossus. All he's become ever since Kitty returned from space, with the exception of the short time he was the Coloss-anaut - is a creepy ex/sometimes not ex- boyfriend of Kitty, wooden characterization when he is with her and pining away cliche when he doesn't. Above anyone else, he needs a break.
    Dennis Hopeless actually did all right by him in his X-Force book. I think that would be a good path for him, tbh - the straight man/conscience of a more violent team (though not necessarily the naive, pureheart farmboy some writers try to revert him to), hooked up with a wilder woman. Might also be a good avenue to explore/confront some of Piotr's own darkness.

BANNED

Marvel should work towards rehabilitation in satellite titles where writers are allowed to do more) instead of limbo-ing and expect people to forget their distaste for certain characters. People didn’t forget about Bishop’s crimes despite not being used for a decade. Gold ended 9 months ago but people still consider it the status quo. Beast is still despised despite being less ubiquitous.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    To follow, stop using Mystique. I'm sick of her too. The fact that I have to tolerate her being glued to Creed doesn't help. That's another thing that fucked up a once-favorite character. And the fact Hickman won't let this **** die is even more infuriating.
    Attachment 83764
    I don't mind Mystique, but I do agree with you that Creed and Mystique have never liked each other. Mystique's one true love was Destiny, and I think since Mystique has a very obvious history of being bisexual, have her meet and fall in love with another woman and move on.

Creed, when written properly can stand on his own. I hate when he was used as a mindless Marauder under Sinister's control, I hated that. Creed is the kind of character who would have ripped Sinister a new one for even trying to mind control him. The thing is for Creed, people have to decide if he is a villain or should he be like he was while inverted. If Creed is a villain then he can't really be part of an ongoing superhero book except as occasional appearances as a villain. He could join a book like the Thunderbolts and be a sort of anti-hero, although a really sadistic one.

Storm needs a break to think about what they want to do with her. Since Claremont stopped writing her is without direction and was never fully incorporated into post New and post Astonishing X-Men. Things like Extraordinary X-Men and X-Men Gold did more harm than good.