Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't mind Mystique, but I do agree with you that Creed and Mystique have never liked each other. Mystique's one true love was Destiny, and I think since Mystique has a very obvious history of being bisexual, have her meet and fall in love with another woman and move on.

Creed, when written properly can stand on his own. I hate when he was used as a mindless Marauder under Sinister's control, I hated that. Creed is the kind of character who would have ripped Sinister a new one for even trying to mind control him. The thing is for Creed, people have to decide if he is a villain or should he be like he was while inverted. If Creed is a villain then he can't really be part of an ongoing superhero book except as occasional appearances as a villain. He could join a book like the Thunderbolts and be a sort of anti-hero, although a really sadistic one.
    Sadly putting Mystique with another woman seems to be out of the question. They'd rather have her partnered up with some guy she doesn't think much of than with another woman she could actually love.

This relationship does NOTHING for either of the characters. If you want villain pairings, put some effort into them so they can be fun, enjoyable, and even add some layers to the pair without reforming them. Mystique thinks nothing of Creed. Meanwhile, he's written as genuinely loving & respecting her, while she has no such feelings for him & makes it perfectly clear which further makes him look like a pu**y.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-24-2019 at 09:14 AM.

It's hard to limbo any characters when barely anyone has been both written well and appeared consistently except for like, Rogue. Maybe Iceman.

let bouncing blue baby boy hank mccoy have his ice cream
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Storm needs a break to think about what they want to do with her. Since Claremont stopped writing her is without direction and was never fully incorporated into post New and post Astonishing X-Men. Things like Extraordinary X-Men and X-Men Gold did more harm than good.
    They also put her in like five different titles during the Bendis era which did nothing for giving her a consistent voice.

Colossus need some time. After the marriage fiasco and AOX pining again for Kitty, dude needs some palate cleanser.

Maybe Kitty too. Give her a mini to soul search

Storm. She's more than the Patron Saint of token minorities. It's shameful that she's been reduced (after having her character thoroughly and totally bastardized by several writers over the years) to nothing more than an inconsequential ornament for other characters' stories if not a caricature of her original self. Just say that she's on a semi-permanent sabbatical in Kenya and be done with it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They also need to make up their mind if they want to share her with the Black Panther corner. BP's lost in space and Ororo's helping her sister-in-law get him back but BP's in New York killing elves and playing poker with Ka-Zar. Bloody Hell, fix that.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They also need to make up their mind if they want to share her with the Black Panther corner. BP's lost in space and Ororo's helping her sister-in-law get him back but BP's in New York killing elves and playing poker with Ka-Zar. Bloody Hell, fix that.
    Coates doesn't want to work in a shared universe nor does he want to write anything not connected to Claremont X-Men.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Storm. She's more than the Patron Saint of token minorities. It's shameful that she's been reduced (after having her character thoroughly and totally bastardized by several writers over the years) to nothing more than an inconsequential ornament for other characters' stories if not a caricature of her original self. Just say that she's on a semi-permanent sabbatical in Kenya and be done with it.
    To add to this, Storm is one of the best leaders the X-Men have ever had. I put Scott and Storm side by side in the #1 spot as the best leaders. They should both be leading teams period! Storm should have her own damn team this fall and she should kick ass and take names like she has always done over the years.

BANNED

Post-EXM was the perfect time for a Storm solo, but besides Cable v2 and maybe Cyclops, Marvel loves dumping inconsequential X-solos on the market and expect people to give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They also put her in like five different titles during the Bendis era which did nothing for giving her a consistent voice.
    For many years I feel that writers are more in love with her powers than with the character. Each time she appears it is to show us how powerful she is as Disassembled and in each story to make a bigger thunderbolt than in the previous one but she does not show a consistent personality or narrative arc. She is just there.

The only thing they do is make her more and more powerful (Now she has a magic hammer, now she is a goddess!) without making her more interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    For many years I feel that writers are more in love with her powers than with the character. Each time she appears it is to show us how powerful she is as Disassembled and in each story to make a bigger thunderbolt than in the previous one but she does not show a consistent personality or narrative arc. She is just there.

The only thing they do is make her more and more powerful (Now she has a magic hammer, now she is a goddess!) without making her more interesting.
    This is also why putting characters in limbo for a while isn’t going to fix things. She’ll just come back in 2 years to do the same thing she does now.

This is also why putting characters in limbo for a while isn’t going to fix things. She’ll just come back in 2 years to do the same thing she does now.
    Perhaps they think of anything new at the time, I do not know.

What I do know is that simply being in the background throwing thunderbolts is not going to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Needs to be longer.
    yep. Emma didn't even had a break, she was stil on death of x, IvX, x-men blue and now uncanny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yep. Emma didn't even had a break, she was stil on death of x, IvX, x-men blue and now uncanny.
    lol stop. She was a villain or guest starring in all of those.

lol stop. She was a villain or guest starring in all of those.
    She was also in limbo for over a year between the end of Secret Wars and DoX. Same for Cyclops.