Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Colossus- Why he should get a break? Colossus has been stuck in the same role and the same type of stories for the longest period of time.
    Nightcrawler-Similar to Colossus ,Nightcrawler has been stuck not doing anything new or different since his return.
    Angel- Has been a mess since Remender killed him.
    A theme with all three is that they died, in some cases, in really powerful stories, and then came back, and since then nobody seems to have had a faintest clue what to do with them... I'm kind of worried about the same thing happening with Banshee, or even Cyclops, since post-resurrection stories tend to get 'oh, he's back, now what? Was there a story reason for this, a big story about him coming up, or was it just an editorial mandate?'

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A theme with all three is that they died, in some cases, in really powerful stories, and then came back, and since then nobody seems to have had a faintest clue what to do with them... I'm kind of worried about the same thing happening with Banshee, or even Cyclops, since post-resurrection stories tend to get 'oh, he's back, now what? Was there a story reason for this, a big story about him coming up, or was it just an editorial mandate?'
    Cyclops is a different story, editorial and the current writer know what they want him, the problem is that the fans just hate what they're doing.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Monet and Armor bonding would’ve been fun. Two snarky souls probably giving Emma endless **** for everything she does.
    Monet isn't snarky she's just a dick.

BANNED

This is a great point. With Nightcrawler, they've barely dealt with his return. They should bring Nightmare into the equation and get into the whole "no soul" thing. Forget the stupid Bamfs though, this isn't X-Babies.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    She was originally portrayed as having Rain Man style autism moments, well before the gap between low-functioning and high-functioning autism was understood. That and she was arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She was originally portrayed as having Rain Man style autism moments, well before the gap between low-functioning and high-functioning autism was understood. That and she was arrogant.
    Wasn't that one of the M-twins?

Don't remember Monet herself ever having autism.

Logan’s a dick, Monet is snarky and arrogant because she’s so sure of herself.

but

tomato tomato

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Yep, that was Claudette.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Right, I'm remembering the start of Gen X when Monet wasn't Monet. My bad.

Incredible Member

Poor Banshee hasn’t had any dialogue e since his return. I hope they get on with whatever his storyline is going to be.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Poor Banshee hasn’t had any dialogue e since his return. I hope they get on with whatever his storyline is going to be.
    He is still a zombie, that should have been fixed ages ago!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say Storm. She hasn't had a meaningful character arc for a while and it's obvious that when she's in the Black Panther office she gets better development whether it be through connecting with her American roots, exploring her divinity, or being a world leader as queen of the most advanced nation on Earth. As a Black Panther fan first, I'd be 100% on board with her as the main supporting cast member if the BP office had full editorial control over her character and she left the X-books for a bit.

Her growth prospects seem higher with T'Challa because I get the feeling that like Mera or Lois she can build the support and interest to get a mini or even a spot on a different team book. Her first and only time as an Avenger was facilitated through her relationship to Wakanda so there's precedent. She doesn't have to be stuck as the token minority to make the X-Men seem more diverse than they really are and can actually be a useful addition to another team where she can interact with other pantheons, secret civilizations, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Colossus until they figure out how to not make him a lovesick oversized puppy. Lemire TRIED to have him be a mentor to the kids and drop the whole MUH SNOWFLAKE thing and that went absolutely nowhere.

Nightcrawler should get a break if they don't give him to McGuire from here on out. Only writer to do cool stuff with him since 2014 and of course it had to be an AU.

Storm needs a break from the X-Office. Just give her to somebody on the Avengers' office, not named Aaron, and let them try to help rebuild the character. Don't limbo her or anything.
    I agree release the hadari yao to the avengers/BP offices.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Logan’s a dick, Monet is snarky and arrogant because she’s so sure of herself.

but

tomato tomato

Yep, that was Claudette.
    Snark implies bantery engagement with people and that doesn't feel like M's brand of arrogance. It's too British. Monet doesn't even realize other people exist let alone engages with them in even pleasant shade. She's like Tahani Al- Jamil from The Good Place but colder.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 06-29-2019 at 10:41 AM.

I'm still hoping that someone eventually writes an arc with Kurt actually dealing with his death, giving away his soul, that his body is made up of the substance of hellspawn... you know, all those little things. Rather than literally laughing it off.

Snark implies bantery engagement with people and that doesn't feel like M's brand of arrogance. It's too British. Monet doesn't even realize other people exist let alone engages with them in even pleasant shade. She's like Tahani Al- Jamil from The Good Place but colder.
    The real problem with X-Men comics is that they won't fully turn Xavier into their Michael and Tabitha into their Jason.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm still hoping that someone eventually writes an arc with Kurt actually dealing with his death, giving away his soul, that his body is made up of the substance of hellspawn... you know, all those little things. Rather than literally laughing it off.
    Remember when Guggs made a mystery out of it but then promptly dropped it