Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Action Comics issue # 1012 preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Don't care for this Lois Lane. Earlier I hoped she was a fake duplicate, but I guess that ship has sailed. Or never existed - whatever.

Front page is fun, as usual. Got a chuckle over the "Heroes in Crisis After Hours renewed."

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Nice preview.

I love those opening pages.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks really cool.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Don't care for this Lois Lane. Earlier I hoped she was a fake duplicate, but I guess that ship has sailed. Or never existed - whatever.

Front page is fun, as usual. Got a chuckle over the "Heroes in Crisis After Hours renewed."
    What's wrong with how lois has been portrayed in Action?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What's wrong with how lois has been portrayed in Action?
    Well, the corn syrup insulting line is annoying (can't say no one else has done before, but I don't like it). Not knowing who "me" is.

I don't distinguish between the titles by the same writer at the time/storyline.

She backwalked and said yes (when they were united in "no") on Jon going with Jor-El in the first place without talking to Jon's father first. She unilaterally changed a major parenting decision. Not saying they could have stopped Jon, but that was something that needed discussing first. There's both Lois and Clark being dumb enough to have Superman kiss Lois in public (and she pulled off her wig/disguise first!). Oh, and when she gets back, she doesn't contact Clark because "people are looking" but does turn in her book?! Makes no sense.

There's leaving Jon with Jor-El. That's the single biggest one that makes her an absolutely neglectful mother. She called the man "creepy" and "a piece of work" and still left her child with a virtual stranger. Not important, but her "second puberty" line bugged the crap out of me - Jon should be on first puberty. Just leaving her child like that and seeming so unconcerned about it. That's when I thought she had to be under mental influence, and not really be her or be a dream. I already had issues with several things she did, but that's when I quit reading regularly. Did read her tell her dad (but not long enough to find out if she'd discussed that with Clark beforehand or betrayed his biggest secret without consent) and when Jon came back older (enough to know that Jor-El was, indeed, very bad and it was a mistake for Jon to be left with him).

I really hope there's some reasonable explanation for all of this (leaving Jon, especially), but right now, Lois looks really, really bad to me.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-24-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Maybe Bendis is creating one Lois daughter in the last scene.

Finished reading it. Really enjoyed it, this was probably the best way to “tie-in” to Event Leviathan without derailing the main story. It’s nice to have Rose & Thorn back in the Superbooks, and Bendis is approaching Metropolis’ love of Superman from an interesting angle. Does the Metropolis Police Department turn a blind eye to other vigilantes because of Superman? It’s an interesting angle.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finished reading it. Really enjoyed it, this was probably the best way to “tie-in” to Event Leviathan without derailing the main story. It’s nice to have Rose & Thorn back in the Superbooks, and Bendis is approaching Metropolis’ love of Superman from an interesting angle. Does the Metropolis Police Department turn a blind eye to other vigilantes because of Superman? It’s an interesting angle.
    Well there is that theory that the primary reason a lot of law enforcement, heroes and even the public approve of heroes like Batman initially is because Superman vouched for them. On some level, their trust of Clark is so complete that they expect him to deal with vigilantes that cross the line. This read a lot like that.

Overall fun issue. There was that odd line about "nonsense" that I remember raising an eyebrow, and it's good that the kiss is finally being addressed. Love how Rose/Thorn was brought back into the fold and how the tie-in wasn't obnoxious. As always, I wish there were more pages. Loving Action Comics. I wish it was bimonthly again because I enjoy it that much, but I'm fine with monthly if the quality can keep up.

I am genuinely sad. Is Lois crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by JonSBF View Post
    I am genuinely sad. Is Lois crazy?
    Nope... The crazy person here is Bendis..

Watching only the preview you almost saw all Superman moments in this issue.. The rest is all BENDIS characters.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-27-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Watching only the preview you almost saw all Superman moments in this issue.. The rest is all BENDIS characters.
    True that, so glad I'm no longer buying this trash.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True that, so glad I'm no longer buying this trash.
    I am not reading Superman in these moments but..

I am interested in that cover with Superman, Lex and Lois(Superman 14?).. Maybe something interesting will happen in this issue..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Rose & Thorn isn’t a Bendis OC. She’s from the 90s.