Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

One possible way to pull off the reveal. Introduce a new hero, in a secondary role in one of the future movies, perhaps similar to Black Widow's role in Iron Man 2 or the Falcon's in The Winter Soldier. Acting as ally to the main character but ultimately not being overly essential to that particular film's plot. It could be Citizen V but changing the name and some of some of the outward details of the character might at least protect the reveal for the general audience, though probably not the more serious fans. Or they could introduce him as someone different, perhaps a double of a character known from the comics who hasn't shown up in the film universe yet and now never will, sorry, because we killed him off screen, took his costume and equipment and dropped his naked body off in a dumpster somewhere. Play him straight as a hero, throughout the film but probably drop a scene establishing Nick Fury, knows something about this guys story doesn't add up, because Nick always knows. Throw in another unconnected scene, where one of the characters talks about a previous run in with one most dangerous threats out there, a scabbed faced megalomaniac by the name of Zemo.

Cut to post credits scene. He's speaking to a character who will later be identified as the Fixer. Before them is a large computer monitor, in which they are scrolling through the profiles of a number of different villains at large, some who've appeared before, some of whom will only be known to those who read the comics, presumably being targeted for take down. The way he is speaking however seems very different from the character we thought we knew from earlier in the film. The speech he is giving which begins lamenting on the nature of heroism and what one must do to change the world, takes on a more fascistic context as it turns to the gullibility of the general public in its pathetic need to turn to 'heroes' in its desperation to feel protected, a weakness which will be all to easy to exploit. He is searching for recruits to aid in his plans. Pan back from the display, the mask has been removed revealing the scarred visage of Baron Zemo. Now you've got your Thunderbolts film all set up. In theaters in one year.

Of course it would cool to have the Masters of Evil first but given with these films, we're only going to get to spend roughly two hours every three years, with any particular set of characters, clearly we can't do everything.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    While it hasn't happened in the MCU yet, the concept of bad guys doing good things isn't new. The Dirty Dozen comes to mind. Probably many others. Still T-Bolts would be a great movie.
    Agreed- what I meant was that it would be new to the MCU. Something Kevin Feige talked about in the "Making a Cinematic Universe" short (or whatever it was called) was that they'd like to take different genres of films and add superheroes to the mix (Ant-Man being their "heist" film, Winter Soldier their political thriller, etc.).

A Thunderbolts would give them the opportunity to do the Dirty Dozen style film.

Incredible Member

my question is if they can even use abe jenkins in the mcu or is he tied to the spider franchise?

hell, his appearances in ultimate spiderman has been a high point.

I'd do something to mix all of the incarnations in one thing that could be a workable good movie version that could also be replicated in the comics. From the recent I'd take Red Hulk leading it still, he'd be the secret military guy hiring people to do stuff, then I'd have the ex-villain stuff like some of the originals like Moonstone, Songbird, etc, maybe one or two that fit from some of the other runs too. Then I'd probably add Punisher. He'd be a wildcard on the team wanting to kill the ex-villain characters cos of their past crimes but Red Hulk would be like "no don't" like how it's been in the recent run with some characters. So it would be the current Red Hulk led theme but with the past characters and including the bad gone good themes. Picking and choosing from all the runs seems to be a good way to go because they all have something to offer.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    my question is if they can even use abe jenkins in the mcu or is he tied to the spider franchise?

hell, his appearances in ultimate spiderman has been a high point.
    They might not be able to use him as The Beetle, but they could certainly use him as Mach-X. I'm not even sure if the Beetle is part of Spider-Man's franchise or the Fantastic Four (he originally appeared in Strange Tales as a Human Torch/Thing villain).

No, No movie...You have to introduce them as villains and worst of the worst before you can do this movie.

Ultimate Member

Songbird and Fixer were not exactly "the worst of the worst" in the comics, and yet they're long-standing members.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Songbird and Fixer were not exactly "the worst of the worst" in the comics, and yet they're long-standing members.
    No, but to make the movie work they have to have an evil past. Maybe an Avengers movie with Master of Evil. That has to be set before the THunderbolts movie.

Ultimate Member

Or they could just be ex-criminals. They don't have to be hardcore evil about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Or they could just be ex-criminals. They don't have to be hardcore evil about it.
    No, but they have to have a known past otherwise the first 3/4 of the movie is setting the characters up.

I think the best way to do it is to tease the Master's of Evil in a final scene or end-credits scene of a movie, bring them into Agents of SHIELD and possivle Cap 3, then use the opening 20 minutes of a Thunderbolts movie for the big surprise (which won't really be a surprise, but they should still pretend it is).

Incredible Member

Another way to go might be to introduce the team as the Thunderbolts. Say, Justin Hammer hires a bunch of goons, outfits them with powers and costumes, and uses them as his "corporate bodyguards" a la Iron Man- but hiring them out for dirty jobs and things. "Avengers for Hire." Set them up that way, as a contrast to the Avengers, showcase that some of them are just down on their luck (Abe), some are in it for the paycheck or the challenge (Fixer), and some are just downright nasty (Citizen V, Moonstone).

Then you have them turn into the Masters of Evil by the end of the film. Perhaps Citizen V turns out to be the- oh, I don't know- son/grandson of a Nazi scientist that used to be part of HYDRA and has a personal grudge against Captain America, and he has infiltrated the team and convinces the Thunderbolts to become full on bad guys, and then they clash against the Avengers in a follow up film.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Another way to go might be to introduce the team as the Thunderbolts. Say, Justin Hammer hires a bunch of goons, outfits them with powers and costumes, and uses them as his "corporate bodyguards" a la Iron Man- but hiring them out for dirty jobs and things. "Avengers for Hire." Set them up that way, as a contrast to the Avengers, showcase that some of them are just down on their luck (Abe), some are in it for the paycheck or the challenge (Fixer), and some are just downright nasty (Citizen V, Moonstone).

Then you have them turn into the Masters of Evil by the end of the film. Perhaps Citizen V turns out to be the- oh, I don't know- son/grandson of a Nazi scientist that used to be part of HYDRA and has a personal grudge against Captain America, and he has infiltrated the team and convinces the Thunderbolts to become full on bad guys, and then they clash against the Avengers in a follow up film.
    That could work.

I think it would be easier to start off with Luke Cage's Thunderbolts.

Each villain is showed briefly defeated by an Avenger.

Moonstone, Fixer, Songbird, Abomination, Crossbones, Luke Cage, Man-Thing, and Atlas.

I would love to have if they could MACH 5.

End the movie with Moonstone, Fixer, Atlas, MACH 5, and Songbird freed and as heroes.

Who are asked joined a new Thunderbolt's team lead by Citizen-V unknown to them is Baron Zemo.

BANNED

i'd go with the Raftbolts premise, that would make an excellent movie. the leader/handler of the team could be Luke Cage or Red Hulk, idk.