Spectacular Member

Default Robins - Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian.

How old was Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian when they became Robin?

Its fluid.

Extraordinary Member

The only thing I remember - and it's based on Pre Crisis New Teen Titans - is that Dick was in his late teens when Jason became Robin and was 20 when Tim became Robin.

Damian’s easy, he was 11 or 10 since he only just turned 13

I’m gonna assume Dick was 12-13, and Jason and Tim around 15-16.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Dick has been said to have been as young as 8 (Devin Grayson version, and in NTT #39; not my preferred) or as old as 16 (New 52, also not my preferred), depending on continuity. Early post-COIE (issue where he confronted Bruce about hiring Jason), he indicated he was 13 (was Robin for 6 years. and was 19 when fired). New 52 had him 16 originally, but that's been retconned to have him younger now. I prefer 10 to 13. Old enough that the Graysons are as much his parents as Bruce and that he can at least theoretically understand what he's choosing (with a little suspension of disbelief), and young enough that Bruce is still his parent, too.

Post-COIE, Jason was called 12 when he became Robin. Tim was 13 when he met Dick and first donned uniform (Dick called him 12, and he said he was 13). Don't know N52 ages or how much of that is still canon, since so much has been retconned.

Damian was probably 10.

Steph would have been 15 or 16, but her term as Robin has been retconned out of existence.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-07-2019 at 07:33 AM.

BANNED

I mean this in the nicest way don't give it a thought if the writers didn't care first.

In Rebirth we only have Damian and Tim's start ages confirmed in story. Tim was 13,Damian was 10.

I'm reminded of character creation in the original Dungeons and Dragons. Roll 3d6 over and over, and hope for the best.

I think there are already a few threads about this over in the Batman section of the forum.

(Yup! The Bat-Family gets their own separate section!)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Post-COIE, Jason was called 12 when he became Robin. Tim was 13 when he met Dick and first donned uniform (Dick called him 12, and he said he was 13). Don't know N52 ages or how much of that is still canon, since so much has been retconned.
    The new52 had Jason (like Dick) becoming Robin at 16, I don't think they ever gave a starting age for Tim in the new 52.

If you really want the details, you can have a look here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The new52 had Jason (like Dick) becoming Robin at 16, I don't think they ever gave a starting age for Tim in the new 52.

If you really want the details, you can have a look here.
    A lot of stuff from the New52 has been retconned back to pre-Flashpoint origins though.