Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Finally. I just hope they don't kill the baby this time.
    Me too. Especially since he drowned in air, as I understand it. Even though both is parents could breath air.

Somewhere, Black Manta suddenly feels a shiver in his spine he can’t explain. Anyway from a logical standpoint, Arthur is supposed to be the king of a monarchy (is he king this month? Who can keep track?) and also has a clear primary romantic partner in Mera. You’d think he’d have taken a swing at parenthood long before Bruce or Clark did.

Yeah, to me, Aquaman feels like a natural fit to be a father. I wouldn't object if down the line they did some mumbo jumbo to get the kid more of an age with Damian (and formerly Jon).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The death of Aquaman and Mera's kid was just too much. None of the characters can come back from that in a way that still makes fun comic books out of- not Arthur, Mera, or Manta.

If Arthur and Mera have to have a kid, I hope they dont pull that kind of thing. I loved Eldoris Curry and would love to see a variation of her as their offspring.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's KSD + editorial backseat driving. It's still less worse than Cullen Bunn's run, the last time they decided they needed to "revamp" Aquaman. Apparently despite Johns ideas being the seeds for a $1 billion movie, DC apparently still feels they need to get rid of it. These people would literally throw away a golden goose just out of spite.
    The whole thing is too oddly similar to Bunn's run to be a coincidence. It feels like an organic outgrowth of that.

Had they just followed up Abnett's run with something that felt like an organic outgrowth of Johns/Parker/Abnett, we'd actually have synergy with the film since that was the basis of it.

Feels like someone in editorial has this desire to return things to the aesthetic of the 90s Aquaman, which is not worth returning to.

Hm... I hope that Black Manta doesn´t ruin it..

I dig it, I think it's nice so many of the old guard are father's now, considering it's a great way allow them to age and mature despite comics generally frowning about that concept. The possibility that we'll actually get to see one super-kid grow up from a baby is a pretty cool idea that I would like to see. Hopefully, they'll actually go through with it and I don't think they'll actually murder the Aquababy this time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by cmbmool View Post
    *Black Manta wants to know your location*
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

It wasn't enought to ruin superman with a kid?

Hopefully Arthur and Mera increase security this time.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I dig it, I think it's nice so many of the old guard are father's now, considering it's a great way allow them to age and mature despite comics generally frowning about that concept. The possibility that we'll actually get to see one super-kid grow up from a baby is a pretty cool idea that I would like to see. Hopefully, they'll actually go through with it and I don't think they'll actually murder the Aquababy this time.
    I'd like to see the baby grow up at a regular pace instead of speed-aged. Particularly easy with Aquaman, since he's a king, and can have a nanny if we need both parents for an action issue.

I adored Roy as a dad. He's the one that for me, being a father is one of his most core elements as an adult. Losing Lian, to death and then reboot, was extremely disappointing. I very much enjoyed Superman as a dad until Bendis writing.

I wish I didn't think it was either a fakeout or heading to a tragic end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The whole thing is too oddly similar to Bunn's run to be a coincidence. It feels like an organic outgrowth of that.

Had they just followed up Abnett's run with something that felt like an organic outgrowth of Johns/Parker/Abnett, we'd actually have synergy with the film since that was the basis of it.

Feels like someone in editorial has this desire to return things to the aesthetic of the 90s Aquaman, which is not worth returning to.
    Brian Cunningham. He seems to have an axe to grind with the Johns run (and actually went after people on twitter for criticizing his attempt to destroy the book with Cullen Bunn).

I don't get how this run isn't seen as an organic growth of Abnett's... Mera is the Queen of Atlantis, Arthur had to be mostly hidden from the public there who had turned on him and is now suspected dead, with the Widowhood or whatever its name (the old sorceress ladies) clearly pushing for "one of their own" in the throne (Mera even if she isn't truly a part of their circle) and trying to get rid of the old dynasty, since Mera stated that she had to marry and that it was implied that doing that with Arthur could cause troubles.

KSD clearly looked at that and decided to explore all of it at her pace, in her own way, and I'm glad she did. Those ancient Sea Gods, Caille, they'll be excellent new supporting characters for Aquaman. He does sorely needs them, since he basically just has Mera -whose prominence is growing and could become her own character, with an ongoing and all, someday soon, I suspect- and far distant behind her Tula, Vulko and Murk (if he survived, somehow I remember him dying). And that's it.

KSD will introduce Arthur and Jackson (Aqualad II) and as hyped as i am about that, I'm glad she adds to Arthur's corner of the DCU. She only need to bring back the Others and play with them to have a wide range of characters offering an equally wide range of stories for Aquaman to explore, without needing to reinvent the wheel. From mythological adventures with the sea gods to personal drama with Mera and Aqualad, black ops missions with the Others and all the political antics of Atlantis !

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ugh, god no. Why the hell does DC feel the need to make every JL member a parent these days? Batman, Superman, and now Aquaman all have kids? Come on!

Got my fingers Manta kills this one too, and sooner rather than later.
    Last I checked, WW, Flash, GL and Cyborg don't have kids so there's plenty superheroes who aren't parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The death of Aquaman and Mera's kid was just too much. None of the characters can come back from that in a way that still makes fun comic books out of- not Arthur, Mera, or Manta.

If Arthur and Mera have to have a kid, I hope they dont pull that kind of thing. I loved Eldoris Curry and would love to see a variation of her as their offspring.
    And yet that is exactly what they did.