Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's the same with Marvel. The real issue is that editorial has an idea of what the character is that is static. It's not like with series like Dragon Ball, where the hero(Goku) eventually gets to teach his grandkids martial arts.

This is not to say the status quo in DC never changes, but that editorial feels the need to maintain it.

Also, Toriyama-san is happy to shift focus of the story and actually leave out the main cast when he feels it appropriate. Which certainly makes for interesting stories. I mean, there's a prequel about Goku's Saiyan father(Bardock). Goku gets mentioned but the story's not really about him. It's half new characters not seen before(mostly Bardock's Saiyan friends) and more about Freiza(one of the main bad guys).

So I'd say the real issue is trying to hard to maintain a status quo than it is a specific character.
    Just to clarify, Toriyama, beyond maybe character designs, had nothing to do with Bardock the Father of Goku tv special. In fact, he basically retconned a good part of it in Dragon Ball Super Broly. And in fact, other than the 3 latest films, Toriyama did NOT do any of the Dragon Ball films. He was much too busy with the manga.

Spectacular Member

Why not have the son also go back and forth. Much like Steve, their son would be another bridge. I can't see why Hippoltya wouldn't want to see her grand child
    Definitely. The only reason Jason couldn't live in the island is because she wanted to protect him from hera's wrath. I don't see amazons refusing men they love living on the island with them.

I wonder since Diana’s son is a Amazon by birth. Should he and his sister be trained by Amazons? I can’t see why not

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just to clarify, Toriyama, beyond maybe character designs, had nothing to do with Bardock the Father of Goku tv special. In fact, he basically retconned a good part of it in Dragon Ball Super Broly. And in fact, other than the 3 latest films, Toriyama did NOT do any of the Dragon Ball films. He was much too busy with the manga.
    He didn't write them personally but he chose who would and drew the character designs for the stories. Also the retcons in DBS:B are not extensive. The main one is the reason Goku left Vegeta. In the original it was dumb luck that Goku was sent away at that time. But in DBS:B Bardock does it because he thinks Freiza has a specific reason for wanting all the Saiyans there. In the original Bardock has precognitive flashes because an alien he fought used a martial arts technique to curse him with seeing the future, and the doom of the Saiyan race. In DBS:B it's more of an intuition thing than precognition. Loads of Saiyans think something is fishy, but most of them play along with what Freiza wants.

Of course the entire reason there IS a DBS:B is that Toriyama-san liked Takao Koyama's work enough to want to use Broly in Super.

Let's not get off track with DBS discussions/debates. Please take that to the appropriate forum.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I was just using that as an example of defining a character that doesn't lock them at a specific point in their life.

Sorry for going off topic.

Back on point; having two kids, be it fraternal twins or a daughter first then a boy a few years later, is how I would do it. Lyta Trevor and Hunter (though with Hunter also being Steve's child, rather than some darkness goo).

How many children should Diana even have? I don't mind one of both gender. With Hunter how should that be done? How should the Amazons feel? I mean they should like Steve but now they do have a amazon male.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How many children should Diana even have? I don't mind one of both gender. With Hunter how should that be done? How should the Amazons feel? I mean they should like Steve but now they do have a amazon male.
    Well, that depends on how the story is written and the tone of it. I'd probably go with one though. It's simpler and gives you more room to work on that one.

I wonder should if this ever was a storyline. I wonder how much of Diana's foe should be their foes. maybe the lessen known villains should be these

Retired

How are you going to make a baby with her? Is it going to be out of wedlock, is she going to have to marry a man (and will this man then be killed off to get him out of the way), is it going to be a clone (unlike male characters, it's hard to get a child from her without her knowing anything about it), is it going to be a god raping her, is an inanimate object going to come to life?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I was going to go bold and say an intersex child with a yet undetermined gender identity, but I love the twins idea. She's been a mentor to girls already, and while a son would be fine, it seems like the gender contrast with Amazons would dominate the discourse. Instead the way she treats them both equally as they grow and how they interact with each other is a more subtle and interesting storytelling device.

I mean one of Aphrodite’s children is both genders. However, first I said Diana gives birth to twins both a boy and girl then intersex.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

a guy, a gal, and a non-binary pal