Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I would say twins, but "The Wonder Twins" is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    I would say twins, but "The Wonder Twins" is already taken.
    You could just have the Wonder Twins be her actual kids.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could just have the Wonder Twins be her actual kids.
    I meant the title is already taken. I assumed she'd have to be the one to birth them since theyd be her kids.

Wonder Woman being the Wonder Twin's mom would be a good Elseworlds (I'm only half-serious).

Diana having fraternal twins is a good way to have your cake and eat it too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wonder Woman being the Wonder Twin's mom would be a good Elseworlds (I'm only half-serious).

Diana having fraternal twins is a good way to have your cake and eat it too.
    Yeah thats why I suggested it. Unless the father is Poseidon(or they are adopted) I have no clue how that would work.

How many kids has Wonder Woman have?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Were she the first to have a child among the trinity, I'd say a son because it provides a new narrative thread for her with respect to Themysciran culture and you could tell some interesting stories there whereas I see no conflict with a daughter outside the usual mother-daughter storytelling. There's no extra layer there that there is with a son born to an Amazon. Then again, Jason has soured me on that too.

Given Damien and Jon, absolutely a daughter. The aforementioned additional narrative layer is not worth having all their kids being male. If I was being entirely honest, I'd rather Bruce and Clark had daughters and Diana a son, but that's not the world we live in.

Ideally? No kid. Not because I think she'd be a bad mother, quite the contrary, but I don't trust DC editorial who seem determined to knock her down a peg for daring to be interesting. They really don't seem to like her or parents in general.

Her first kid was a girl. So I feel her second child should be hunter. Why would she be a bad mother? All other times we see she is a good mother

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Ideally? No kid. Not because I think she'd be a bad mother, quite the contrary, but I don't trust DC editorial who seem determined to knock her down a peg for daring to be interesting. They really don't seem to like her or parents in general.
    It's the same with Marvel. The real issue is that editorial has an idea of what the character is that is static. It's not like with series like Dragon Ball, where the hero(Goku) eventually gets to teach his grandkids martial arts.

This is not to say the status quo in DC never changes, but that editorial feels the need to maintain it.

Also, Toriyama-san is happy to shift focus of the story and actually leave out the main cast when he feels it appropriate. Which certainly makes for interesting stories. I mean, there's a prequel about Goku's Saiyan father(Bardock). Goku gets mentioned but the story's not really about him. It's half new characters not seen before(mostly Bardock's Saiyan friends) and more about Freiza(one of the main bad guys).

So I'd say the real issue is trying to hard to maintain a status quo than it is a specific character.

I guy the best way is elsewhere story. Her having children. Now the question becomes should she continue to be a hero after having children?

Spectacular Member

I guy the best way is elsewhere story. Her having children. Now the question becomes should she continue to be a hero after having children?
    Why not ? It didn't stop superman.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That was the one thing that Frank Miller got right in his treatment of Wonder Woman: with a kid she's heroing for two.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I mean the Amazons also have to change their mind set and they have to wonder if people not just men should be on the Island. I mean if it's important shouldn't the Amazons allow the JL to go to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Why not ? It didn't stop superman.
    Definitely didn't stop Goku.

Part of it is defining the relationship. Chichi basically told Goku "you're going to marry me now." He actually liked her as a person, and thought getting married was normal, he just hadn't actually planned to do it. But she talks him into it, and he does his best to be a good husband.

Diana having a relationship with a Human who lives outside the island wouldn't be that hard to sell IMO. He isn't allowed to live there, so he doesn't. If they have a girl she can go back and forth with her mother, but a boy would have to live with his father.

Being a good parent is a different kind of responsibility than being a superhero, but it's a worthy goal to aspire to.

Why not have the son also go back and forth. Much like Steve, their son would be another bridge. I can't see why Hippoltya wouldn't want to see her grand child