Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Wonder Woman #73 Preview

This preview that was posted on Newsarama raises many questions about Hippolyta.

When did the the Amazons of the current universe develop this kind of technology? And why did Hippolyta think it was a good idea in the first place?

I am hoping that one of these questions will be answered Wednesday.

https://www.newsarama.com/45728-dian...-woman-74.html

This looks pretty good.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Okay, GWW has caught my interest with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    It’s written by Steve Orlando. ��

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Who’s is exactly why I wish he were the writer on this book. Every issue he has written captured my attention on every page. He gets Wonder Eoman and her cast of characters in a way so few do. Someone on Twitter recently asked him what character he would like to go back and spend more time on and his response was Wonder WomanA556F32F-7E2D-4768-BBB4-CA26A6BD05E0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    Who’s is exactly why I wish he were the writer on this book. Every issue he has written captured my attention on every page. He gets Wonder Eoman and her cast of characters in a way so few do. Someone on Twitter recently asked him what character he would like to go back and spend more time on and his response was Wonder WomanA556F32F-7E2D-4768-BBB4-CA26A6BD05E0.jpg
    Honestly I feel the same exact way. Hopefully this is a tease we will get him in October.

Interesting setup. I have two issues with it, one with dialogue, one with art.

The first is that Wilson has spoiled me for dialogue. Orlando's dialogue here feels a bit "Did! Did not! Did!"; obviously not as bad as that, but it still carried less personality and gravitas than the way Wilson had Hippolyta and Philippus speak in #58.

Art-wise, Lopresti takes his cues far more from Derenick than from Xermanico and Merino. Atlantiades is drawn as a woman, and the way the action is set up on page 3 (with the falling Diana) is really confusing. I think I worked out how the images are to work out with the exposition, but it's not readily apparent.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

I would love to see Orlando get a chance at a regular run after Wilson is done, and I'm not sure I'd have guessed that I miss Lopresti, but it turns out I do.

I don’t get it it seems everytime Orlando writes her it does great but than we get a messy write. It seems every time he returns her sales grow

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    That's what I get for not payin' attention
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post

I have to agree. This is the best preview for Wonder Woman since Orlando's last guest stint. I wish they would give him a shot at being the permanent writer.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It's too bad the Patrons couldn't give Diana her powers while imprisoned like they did during Year One, but I guess they didn't think she was ready for them yet...

Well she is the daughter of Zeus. So she already had powers just not awaken.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Yeah, I know that it’s written by Steve Orlando, but I am curious about this issue. The solicit (which cannot be trusted) is hinting that this flashback supposedly delivers a crucial piece of Wilson’s storyline.

Which is sort of weird, for something so important to come from an outside source.

Hopefully this next issue helps to move the story forward. I am enjoying certain elements, but it feels as though Diana is waiting for clues to just drop from the heavens. I guess maybe I’m waiting for a mission statement of sorts.
    Last edited by azurescarf; 06-24-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azurescarf View Post
    Yeah, I know that it’s written by Steve Orlando, but I am curious about this issue. The solicit (which cannot be trusted) is hinting that this flashback supposedly delivers a crucial piece of Wilson’s storyline.

Which is sort of weird, for something so important to come from an outside source.
    Given that this is an integral piece of Wilson's storyline (unlike Orlando's earlier fill-in issues), I think it's most likely that Wilson gave a plot seed to Orlando to him to expand. What or how much it contained is harder to tell, but it was probably not that big (otherwise she would be listed as co-author). At a guess, the story seed might not be much more than "Diana, Maggie, and Atlantiades are stuck in a strange dimension, and break out from there to Themyscira", with maybe one or more details more.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])