Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Maybe, but that doesn't change my opinion. That is when I grew up on comic books and as I didn't see Julie Newmar in the role until some years later, I thought (apparently incorrectly so) that was the standard. Either way, don't hold it against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Well, that would go for any character.

A black Joker might look interesting (nevermind the propaganda)
    I would say almost any character. For some reason I couldn't imagine Superman not looking white, while I could imagine Catwoman having an ethnic background of whatever. And some characters have their ethnicity playing a major part in their origin like Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I prefer the prostitute origin. Just personal taste.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    She was never really declared a prostitute, and that would ruin her. The very reason Catwoman is famous is because she is a tease, she plays hard to get, not cheap to get. Maybe a reluctant stripper, but I think she'd hate every second of it, like a cat among dogs.

It's been stated by the narrative, other characters, and even Selina herself that was a sex worker before becoming catwoman.
    http://capesandwhips.com/so-you-want...rker-catwoman/

I know there are some folks who hate that origin but it's not like it hurt Selina's character (except for that mess Mindy Newell wrote) or paints her as some terrible person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    I share your personal taste. It doesn't 'ruin' her at all, nor does it cheapen her. It just adds more layers to her fantastic personality.

I have no problem with Selina being black. I always loved Batman: Nine Lives.

I guess I don't have a problem with her being a former prostitute either, but her current status as moderately-well-off socialite who steals all her money and always pays in cash is pretty essential to the character for me.