Default MCU War Machine vs MCU Ironman

Which version of the Ironman armour does Endgame War Machine have a solid shot of taking down? Let's assume that Jarvis/Friday can't hack into the War Machine armour.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Which version of the Ironman armour does Endgame War Machine have a solid shot of taking down? Let's assume that Jarvis/Friday can't hack into the War Machine armour.
    The only armors I see him having a chance against are the following:

The first 3 from Iron Man 1.
    Briefcase suit from Iron Man 2.
    Various semi-featless PTSD produced suits from Iron Man 3.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

So no chance against Civil War Ironman or nanotech Ironman?

Spectacular Member

I don't know if character traits are permissible evidence for or against a win on this forum, but I get the feeling Tony's ego and general paranoia after the Ultron and Chitauri debacles would stop him from building a suit more powerful than his own for someone else to use, even if that someone was Rhodey or Pepper.

Or, at least more powerful than his current one. So that's a definite no chance for WM against nanotech IM.

Civil War IM would be pretty close, buuut Tony probably still has the one-off laser overload thing he used against the Drones in IM2. That should one shot War Machine tbh.

Bleeding Edge Tony beats him like a drum
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Yeah I feel like the IM2 lasers kind of cinch this for most of his armours. We've seen him pull them out for little things here and again, so I'm pretty sure they're in most of his armours after that movie.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Spectacular Member

Do either of the Endgame War Machines have any feats of note? He technically swapped after Thanos attacked, but I don't recall him getting much focus in a fight scene before or after that.

Stark is the person that made the War Machine armors, so they were probably using technology on par with Stark's other work from the same time period. I'd give Endgame Rhodey the tech advantage against any of Tony's older armors, but I don't know how well that helps against Tony's greater knowledge of their performance.

Technically, Rhodey also has five years of experience on Tony, but... Don't really know if that's gonna help Again, borderline featless wonder.