Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Superman 14 (Legion) Kon El? jonathan Kent?

Hello,
    this sounds nice
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...30061936353280

I am curious what will happen..

Astonishing Member

I believe they make an offer to Jon Kent to join the Legion based on a preview image Bendis posted with Superman, Jon and the Legion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I believe they make an offer to Jon Kent to join the Legion based on a preview image Bendis posted with Superman, Jon and the Legion.
    Ok, so now Jon,Clark and Conner are/were members of the Legion?

It makes no sense for me, since they should still know Conner, because they are from the future and because Conner has more history and connections (especially trough Bart and his cousin XS) to them..

Astonishing Member

According to Bendis, this will be a "different" team, in a multiverse kind of way. It's not the exact characters with Clark as Superboy or Kon as Superboy. This team is meeting Superman for the first time, that means they also have never worked with Conner. Now every Superboy will have his own Legion stories.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    According to Bendis, this will be a "different" team, in a multiverse kind of way. It's not the exact characters with Clark as Superboy or Kon as Superboy. This team is meeting Superman for the first time, that means they also have never worked with Conner. Now every Superboy will have his own Legion stories.
    He was a little shaky on this answer specifically because he personally doesn't like to invalidate the existence of the older work (especially work that shaped him), but this Legion is part of Earth-0 (aka our continuity), and it's the first time our Superman has ever met them or any other Legion team. I feel quite confident this is what he meant.

Think of it like Doomsday Clock where Superman's debut was coming later and later. Technically on Earth-0 Superman has been born and shown multiple times, but it's always the first time. So in that sense, the silver, bronze, and modern age Legion 'count' the same way that the golden age Superman still 'counts.' That's why they're coming from the 32nd century as apposed to the 31st (modern age) or the 30th before that.

It's Bendis doing his best to do a completely clean reboot while immortalizing the ground the now out of continuity (and that's what they technically are) stories of the past.

Also Conner is not at all confirmed to be involved in any way with the Legion at this point. Bendis did however inadvertently confirm that Jon will be going to the team.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    He was a little shaky on this answer specifically because he personally doesn't like to invalidate the existence of the older work (especially work that shaped him), but this Legion is part of Earth-0 (aka our continuity), and it's the first time our Superman has ever met them or any other Legion team. I feel quite confident this is what he meant.

Think of it like Doomsday Clock where Superman's debut was coming later and later. Technically on Earth-0 Superman has been born and shown multiple times, but it's always the first time. So in that sense, the silver, bronze, and modern age Legion 'count' the same way that the golden age Superman still 'counts.' That's why they're coming from the 32nd century as apposed to the 31st (modern age) or the 30th before that.

It's Bendis doing his best to do a completely clean reboot while immortalizing the ground the now out of continuity (and that's what they technically are) stories of the past.

Also Conner is not at all confirmed to be involved in any way with the Legion at this point. Bendis did however inadvertently confirm that Jon will be going to the team.
    You explained it better than I could.

I noticed the Jon spoiler spoilers:
    including the fact that Jon does in fact come back as many have feared he would be shipped off indefinitely
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

So Conners complete story with the Legion didnt happen or it happened with another legion or?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    So Conners complete story with the Legion didnt happen or it happened with another legion or?
    Essentially, it happened in another continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Conner's Legion was the Legion of Earth-247. Kara's was from Earth Prime. Clark's was from Earth-0 from the 31'st century.

With this newer Legion from the 32nd century, the classic Legion (Clark's) could still be in continuity we'd just be focusing on a newer version of the team from farther ahead.