Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Why are people assuming Bullseye is coming in unarmed? He usually does carry playing cards and throwing stars on him.
    Does that count as his basic equipment? Then it's conceded that he gets it. My understanding was that Bullseye generally just picks up whatever is around him.

Still, the point is that Bullseye (1) starts hugely under-equipped for this fight by comparison with his foe; (2) he's at another huge disadvantage in that the terrain is largely sterile with virtually no objects to replenish himself with (sand?); (3) the terrain is open and exposed, so no real banking shots against the guy that has the shield; and (4) no cover for Bullseye against Tasky's arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Why are people assuming Bullseye is coming in unarmed? He usually does carry playing cards and throwing stars on him.
    Bullseye's costume usually includes a white pistol holster, so I don't think it's unreasonable to count a handgun as part of his standard equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Bullseye's costume usually includes a white pistol holster, so I don't think it's unreasonable to count a handgun as part of his standard equipment.
    Yes, you're right. Mea culpa, I forgot. Then again, it's not consistent, he's often drawn with nothing. But enough times he has the gun for it to count as basic equipment, I agree.

His odds are looking better, although I still think he loses. With something to bank ricochet shots off, his odds could be even better.

16-daredevil-lede.w700.h700.jpg

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We seem to be granting Bullseye the range advantage (and yes, he’s ridiculous at range) with Tasky winning up close.

Trouble is, if Tasky can survive the initial Bullseye barrage (with his Daredevil- and Cap-learned dodging and his Cap-esque shield) long enough to get in some ranged stuff of his own, I’m not sure he even needs to close range.

a) He has guns, and has studied not only Bullseye, but also people like Punisher, Paladin, Silver Sable... basically a lot of very accomplished gun-users. Bullseye is not a certified BT’er.
    b) He has Hawkeye-esque trick arrows, including AoE exploding ones and gas, plus the skills to use them.

Basically, Tasky is perfectly capable of winning the range game too.
    This is true...for his guns. However, Bullseye is an even BETTER shot, and even with the shield, I think Tasky would want to avoid a gunfight at range. Why play Bullseye's game? Why not just close, firing to at least make Bullseye have to move a little, and pit his aggregate skill with a sword against Bullseye's less-than-top-tier hand-to-hand ability?

For arrows and such, were I Taskmaster, I'd be leery about loosing something that explodes or dumps gas in an area at someone who can shoot it out of the air when it's about a foot out of my bow. And anything that's not Area-Effecting Go Boom When Touched? They're arrows - Bullseye would have a grand old time catching them out of the air and returning them to sender twice as hard and fast.

Again, why play against the other guy's strength? I really don't think Tasky has what it takes to win a ranged fight, myself, but mileage may vary on that, and fair enough. But if the odds are more *wiggles hand* for a ranged duel, why doesn't he just close instead, and get into SwordandShield versus Empty Hands territory?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate