Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bullseye vs Taskmaster

To the death. Who wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This one gets tough.

On the one hand, Bullseye is pretty murderous at range.

On the other, Taskmaster has Bullseye memorized, knows how he throws (and where and what), and would stand a much better chance of dodging his stuff and closing than other Peak Human types. It helps that he can put down fire/throw stuff on the way in, and has a shield to boot.

My suspicion -- especially given his shield -- is that Tasky manages to get into range with minor injuries. But it's not a sure thing.

Once he gets into range, I back Taskmaster to take the close-combat fight.

So...maybe 6-7/10 Taskmaster? Tough call, and I'd be curious to see what others think. Mileage, after all may vary.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Have they ever actually fought in the comics? I can't remember anything and a cursory search doesn't turn anything up, though I can't imagine that Tasky hasn't done a case study on his skill set at some point. Fact he also has a shield would make me think he can at least somewhat defend himself from Bullseye's throw whatever happens to be on hand approach

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Bullseye's throw whatever happens to be on hand approach
    Bullseye may be at a slight operational disadvantage in the arena setting because of this. He's got nothing to throw except what he brings with as standard equipment, and I don't think anything really counts as standard for him, as he generally just picks up and uses whatever is at hand.

Tasky has lots of great stuff as standard equipment, though.

I dunno. Bullseye has a LOT of pocket sand to play with in the arena.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I recall one time when Bullseye somehow beat Daredevil in an empty room using the walls and the floor.

The guy is very good at minding his surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I dunno. Bullseye has a LOT of pocket sand to play with in the arena.
    Doesn't Tasky have gauze over the eye-holes in his mask? I think it's kind of like Spidey's mask, rather than, say, like Captain America's mask?

So sand in the eyes might not be as effective.

I really wouldn't want to be the guy that went up against Taskmaster and his only ace-in-the-hole was, "Yeah, I'm gonna toss sand in his eyes. It's a new thing nobody has ever done before. Totally unpredictable."

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Doesn't Tasky have gauze over the eye-holes in his mask? I think it's kind of like Spidey's mask, rather than, say, like Captain America's mask?

So sand in the eyes might not be as effective.

I really wouldn't want to be the guy that went up against Taskmaster and his only ace-in-the-hole was, "Yeah, I'm gonna toss sand in his eyes. It's a new thing nobody has ever done before. Totally unpredictable."
    See, the problem with Bullseye is ... he could hurt someone with the pocket sand.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

See, the problem with Bullseye is ... he could hurt someone with the pocket sand.
    Yeah, but it's his one throwing option here against a guy who knows all his tactics. The arena setting has Bullseye screwed.

Bullseye has got only one thing to throw, sand, against Taskmaster, who knows that sand is all Bullseye has, and whose very signature move is predicting and countering people he's studied.

Bullseye is hosed. His main gig is reduced to one trick, which Tasky will predict.

Yeah, but it's his one throwing option here against a guy who knows all his tactics. The arena setting has Bullseye screwed.

Bullseye has got only one thing to throw, sand, against Taskmaster, who knows that sand is all Bullseye has, and whose very signature move is predicting and countering people he's studied.

Bullseye is hosed. His main gig is reduced to one trick, which Tasky will predict.
    Potentially, assuming he loses his teeth, etc. it starts getting fun.

Arx Inosaan

Potentially, assuming he loses his teeth, etc. it starts getting fun.
    Yes, I remember Bullseye used that before. On a prison break, IIRC, back in the original Frank Miller Daredevil run. Those were the days....

Prison break probably equals public record equals basic knowledge, so Tasky would have that maneuver down too. In fact, Tasky teaches a course on prison breaks at his academy.

I know because I got a C-.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 06-25-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Yes, I remember Bullseye used that before. On a prison break, IIRC, back in the original Frank Miller Daredevil run. Those were the days....

Prison break probably equals basic knowledge. Tasty teaches a course on that at his academy.

I know because I got a C-.
    Oh I'm not arguing Bullseye wins, I should be clear.

I just want a goofy fight.

Arx Inosaan

We seem to be granting Bullseye the range advantage (and yes, he’s ridiculous at range) with Tasky winning up close.

Trouble is, if Tasky can survive the initial Bullseye barrage (with his Daredevil- and Cap-learned dodging and his Cap-esque shield) long enough to get in some ranged stuff of his own, I’m not sure he even needs to close range.

a) He has guns, and has studied not only Bullseye, but also people like Punisher, Paladin, Silver Sable... basically a lot of very accomplished gun-users. Bullseye is not a certified BT’er.
    b) He has Hawkeye-esque trick arrows, including AoE exploding ones and gas, plus the skills to use them.

Basically, Tasky is perfectly capable of winning the range game too.

Why are people assuming Bullseye is coming in unarmed? He usually does carry playing cards and throwing stars on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Why are people assuming Bullseye is coming in unarmed? He usually does carry playing cards and throwing stars on him.
    Agreed on that as well. People have some very odd preconceptions about this fight.